Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy I don't understand why Blizzard like removing content

So far, whole legendary quest line from Pandaria, and now from Draenor. I don't understand what's the reason exactly.

If you make a new char, or start WoW now as new player, you lose one of the best quest chain from the expansion. I don't get it. Is only for that achievement so much noise or what? Seriously, elitists can take a break, I am taking about a beautiful game here chopped with no real reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it has anything to do with elitists since it was very easily accessible at the time.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post

So far, whole legendary quest line from Pandaria, and now from Draenor. I don't understand what's the reason exactly.

If you make a new char, or start WoW now as new player, you lose one of the best quest chain from the expansion. I don't get it. Is only for that achievement so much noise or what? Seriously, elitists can take a break, I am taking about a beautiful game here chopped with no real reason.
    its one of the ways to force people to sub at least for 2-3 months during expansion to get it done - they are afraid that people wouldnt play it at all only be doin it 4-5 years later.

if game is shit then devs have to do stuff like this to up sub numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post

I doubt the removal of the quest is due to elitists. Even so, the quest was built around having other people to obtain it as well. I think it is more as a slight reward for the ones who were available for it. Just like the ring is going to be soon.

Then again, not sure it is content anymore, I am confused on it.. Some claim a quest is, and some don't
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

a lot of games have timed events, having these events aka quests run an entire expansion is like that.

Aion had events that ended and rewards could no longer be obtained.
    Swtor did
    LOTRO Did
    Rift Did
    Wildstar Did
    Skyforge Did

get my point.

its good to make things prestigous so you can see who has slugged it out and put in the most effort in the game.

kind of defeatws the purpose of playing the current content if you can go back 3-4 expacs later and get the same rewards that people strived for while it was current.

removing things from the game also makes them more valuable at the time, and kind of drags people back into the game to achieve them.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

The legendary ring (and cloak) is/was very accessible, but they should really keep the story in game, makes no sense indeed that some people may miss out on Khadgar's epicness and the little tidbits of lore (and seeing those old, old characters from pre-WoW games).

Why? To create a false pride for people who are such a nobodies in the real life that they have to rely on in-game unobtainable items to cherish their pride, aka special snowflake syndrome people.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    a lot of games have timed events, having these events aka quests run an entire expansion is like that.

Aion had events that ended and rewards could no longer be obtained.
    Swtor did
    LOTRO Did
    Rift Did
    Wildstar Did
    Skyforge Did

get my point.

its good to make things prestigous so you can see who has slugged it out and put in the most effort in the game.

kind of defeatws the purpose of playing the current content if you can go back 3-4 expacs later and get the same rewards that people strived for while it was current.

removing things from the game also makes them more valuable at the time, and kind of drags people back into the game to achieve them.
    This quote just shows why it is wrong to remove content.
    Where are these games? They are DEAD. They are free to play and yet no one plays them. Hell I haven't even heard of some of those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    The legendary ring (and cloak) is/was very accessible, but they should really keep the story in game, makes no sense indeed that some people may miss out on Khadgar's epicness and the little tidbits of lore (and seeing those old, old characters from pre-WoW games).
    Exactly! I could not say it better.

Yeah I'm sure we'll all keep our rings into Legion. Or just vendor them for the 50g. I know I will. #special
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its one of the ways to force people to sub at least for 2-3 months during expansion to get it done - they are afraid that people wouldnt play it at all only be doin it 4-5 years later.

if game is shit then devs have to do stuff like this to up sub numbers
    It's exactly this. They remove some content to create a sense of urgency and you missing out forever (omg omg) - if you don't sub like, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    This quote just shows why it is wrong to remove content.
    Where are these games? They are DEAD. They are free to play and yet no one plays them. Hell I haven't even heard of some of those.
    removing things doesnt make a game dead the overall desgin flaw is waht destroyed LOTRO.

Star wars is still going around, rift wildstar and skyforge are still there

AION is a free to play game with millions of players they push out 3x as much content as wow.

These games arent dead just because you haven't heard of them. some of the games mentioned even have very active sub forums on MMO-Champion.

the reason wow is in decline is the lack of content, rushed with the fact of it being gated to either end of the spectrum:

Spectrum:
    Hi End Raiding Content
    Massive Questing Gates
    Pvp Orientated

games dont die out because they remove things.

Games die out as people lose interest in it, or find another game that they enjoy more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Why? To create a false pride for people who are such a nobodies in the real life that they have to rely on in-game unobtainable items to cherish their pride, aka special snowflake syndrome people.
    ask me then why its okay to gate pre-expansion content, people are also missing out on those events. are you saying blizzard should make all the 1 of a kind items that drop in them be put into scenarios of the events so they can be obtained?

it would give people no motivation to do it in the current if they can just wait till that overpower it and go back and do it for the rewards.

Facerolling through content for rewards makes the game boring as well.

as to answer #NightGamer , other games do it, and they are still around and going strong. just because things are removed the game isnt doomed.

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda think the cloak quest should be put back. It was fun and a interesting story I hate to see people miss out on the chain.

Fuck the ring though that chain was boring.

Yes, it's an incentive to do the content while it's current. But there is also a technical reason. The more content you have, the more you must test and maintain. They might break or be exploited otherwise. Legendary quest lines are basically pointless after the expansion, so they sacrifice it.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    do you know me from somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Yes, it's an incentive to do the content while it's current. But there is also a technical reason. The more content you have, the more you must test and maintain. They might break or be exploited otherwise. Legendary quest lines are basically pointless after the expansion, so they sacrifice it.
    this is a fair point,

i can see why other people are complaining, maybe instead of removing the quests just remove the rewards.

or is the op complaining about the reward more than the quest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Fuck the ring
    steady on!!

Deleted
    I think its just the culture of programmers in general and games designers in particular - they don't expect their products to last and they are constantly changing what they do to keep up with new tech. They are also really comfortable with throwing old things away, much more so than in most other industries.

It has lead to a weird situation where 90% of wows already made content is there but pointless.

Deleted
    I would like to at least keep the quests without rewards just for the story but it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gu1rao View Post
    I would like to at least keep the quests without rewards just for the story but it's not a big deal.
    I would say keep both.

Hell make it easier to get them

Make it so that when people who did it when it was current get to have the shiny title (Legend of Pandaira) and leave it in for others to get after so they can transmog it (for the capes) afterward

It was bad enough in Mists to take the cape quest out but now in WoD it's even worse because the entire Expac storyline was packed in the Ring quest. It's just so dumb,

But it seems at least they aren't packing any expansion long quest legendaries in the next expansion...