Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Depends if you have the old battle system or not.

History already taught us that with the current battle system (post wow 3.0) naxxramas didn't last long (it's what happened during WOTLK).
    Naxx 2.0 was incredibly toned down compared to Naxx 1.0, I wouldn't even consider them the same instance really besides aesthetics, and it was cleared within 24 hours by the top guild, that cleared it back in the day and already had experience doing harder versions of the fight.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    History already taught us that with the current battle system (post wow 3.0) naxxramas didn't last long (it's what happened during WOTLK).
    That was because all the bosses hit like and were made of paper, it was deliberately undertuned to make a good entry level raid, it was basically the UBRS of WotLK. I remember tanking patchwerk in a dress for the lols :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spain20 View Post
    This has been done before by the main tank of Nihilum came back to wow and was able to clear the current raids in under a week the best players are the best for a reason regardless of what you idiots think
    That's Kungen. When did he come back? AFAIK he had been playing up until MoP and a few months ago he was playing Black Desert...

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Just because something is simple/straightforward to understand doesn't make it easy. I.E Thaddius is fairly straightforward (swap when you're supposed to, do the adds right, etc) but I would take mythic Gorefiend over Thaddius any day of the week.

Having lots of convoluted mechanics alone doesn't make a fight hard, I would say Naxx 40 was more challenging than mythic HFC.
    You choose Thaddius to be the fight that's a nightmare? Same polarity left, different polarity right. Done. It was one of the easiest mechanics in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Spine and leg staff casters? But yeah 4HM was probably worse; at least losing your arcane mage did not stop you from raiding completely
    I didn't think about legendaries, that's probably the closest it's gotten, but I think Blizzard learned from 4HM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    That's Kungen. When did he come back? AFAIK he had been playing up until MoP and a few months ago he was playing Black Desert...
    He's apparently playing some vanilla private server, after he spent a good amount of time bashing them. Dunno how much validity that has though, I have no way to confirm but I've heard it from a few places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    It would take about a week max. Naxx is very simple in mechanics compaired to todays. Imagine putting vanilla raiders into todays raids, they would quit in a day or two.
    Don't be so sure. As he said in the post. Resist gear is still a factor. If that would not be the case you're right. But some bosses you needed full resist gear, and some were just meant to be almost overtuned, you needed very, very good gear so you had to farm naxx some weeks to get it. Or maybe just one week because how top guild raiders do this splitup thingy were they take 50% mains and 50% alts and clear as much as possible and give all the gear to the mains and then the week after the mains almost got BiS gear. And because naxx is a 40 man you could probably split it up in 10 mains and 30 alts and be able to clear every boss that does not rely on gear. Anyway the point is that it would not take 90 days to clear it. People are not new to the game, they know what they are doing and the tacs were real simple.

With the same difficulty and resistance gear required?

Months, probably.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    He's apparently playing some vanilla private server, after he spent a good amount of time bashing them. Dunno how much validity that has though, I have no way to confirm but I've heard it from a few places.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/KungenTV/videos
    Looking at his channel he had raided even in WoD and he's probably on a vanilla private server now. Lol. However the original comment mentioning an old veteran MT who came back to WoW probably does not talk about him. He's never been away for long.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    He got carried bro, watch the video
    Got a link to the vid?

Well with split runs, raid would gear faster than when Naxx was released, but it still sould take sometime, crafting resist gear would be easier since hardcore guilds would just buy everything and craft it insantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at his channel he had raided even in WoD and he's probably on a vanilla private server now. Lol. However the original comment mentioning an old veteran MT who came back to WoW probably does not talk about him. He's never been away for long.
    He specifically said Nihilum's MT, which was always Kungen. I followed that stuff pretty close back in Vanilla/TBC, Nihilum were the kings until late Sunwell when they merged with SK gaming iirc, forming Ensidia. Kungen was always around, I think it was in cata that he left for awhile. Gonna guess the guy was talking out his ass.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-07-26 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Just because something is simple/straightforward to understand doesn't make it easy. I.E Thaddius is fairly straightforward (swap when you're supposed to, do the adds right, etc) but I would take mythic Gorefiend over Thaddius any day of the week.

Having lots of convoluted mechanics alone doesn't make a fight hard, I would say Naxx 40 was more challenging than mythic HFC.
    Yeah right but challenging for what reasons?
    Just because you have 20 extra mouth breathing retards in it.....

Face it naxx was not challenging because it was mechanicly hard it was challenging to get your 8 tanks for horsemen ready to get those 40 ppl to pay attention to have all your raid decently geared to be able to push dps but mechanicly fuck me piece of cake walk in the park.

HFC at appropriate gear level is more challenging aka not every one running with rings and around 720ilvl to which the instance should be done with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Gonna guess the guy was talking out his ass.
    Yep, definitely

Kungen is probably the worst tank to have ever existed in this game.
    Hes achievements are him been carried by the rest of hes guild just because reasons and GM infront of his name.
    When will people realize how awfuly dog shit this guy is and that he constantly contradicts him self in everything he says.

For example one of hes streams hes like "2 bad warriors didn't have mocking blow in vanilla would of been fun to use that talent, then 10mins later he opens some screen shots of hes 4 Horsmen attempts in naxx and u can clearly see in the chat log 2 warriors using mocking blow which gets parried and they wipe cause the taunts get resisted as well and the tank swap isn't happening."

But hey jump on the bandwagon .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    As Tommi said putting those hardcore Naxx 40 / C'thun world first teams in appropriate gear today and drop them in Hellfire Citadel or Siege of Orgrimaar and they'd wet themselves.
    Ofcourse they wouldn't. Naxx 40 was mostly hard because of how limited the classes were back then, and of how backward mechanics were. You had nowhere near the tools and control you have today. You used 4 tanks for 4 trash mobs and that kind of thing. Bosses were taunt immune.

The classes have gotten way more structured and convenient to play as time has gone on, and boss mechanics have gotten more complicated to sync with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naxx 2.0 was incredibly toned down compared to Naxx 1.0
    Not really, the Chars themselfes were incredible tuned up in comparsion. The Boss`damage Numbers were almost the same in both alterations but players had about 7 to 10 times more health. This alone trivialised a lot of the mechanics.

A other thing that most ppl. forget is the difference in quality of Personal Computers and Internet connections during classic and WotlK. The vast majority didnt even had a DSL connection during Classic and raiding with 20 frames or less was standard for most of ppl.

I always point towards the Heigan and Thaddius fights as good examples when someone compares the lvl 60 and 80 versions of Naxxramas. At Heigan you could run absolutely perfect on your screen during the dance phase, with a ping over 200 ( and a lot of ppl. had pings more worse than 200 ) you were dead. But at this fight it only killed yourself. Now take Thaddius... a ping over 200 at a single player meant a wipe. My Raid had our Thaddius firstkill with 26 active ppl. After killing the two adds, everyone with a bad ping didnt jump over to Thaddius to prevent a wipe due to a bad ping.

A other thing were the simply insane farming requirements wich every Raider had to go through. Loatheb anyone ? On a single Raid evening at Loatheb during progress i burned between 50 and 100 greater shadow resistance pots, not counting fire res and nature res pots bcs. you only popped them in preparation before the fight.
    And did i mention Alterac and / or Thorium arrows ? Expensive stuff during classic

At todays standards Classic Naxx was in terms of Boss Mechanics a really simple thing, but our Chars were also simple in comparsion. I could ramble on and on but i think you get the picture.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Kungen is probably the worst tank to have ever existed in this game.
    Hes achievements are him been carried by the rest of hes guild just because reasons and GM infront of his name.
    When will people realize how awfuly dog shit this guy is and that he constantly contradicts him self in everything he says.
    I agree he isn't a great player skillwise. But he still organized and lead top guilds for years.

You keep contradicting yourself. Either the raid kept at the same difficulty as it was (hp and dmg scaled up obviously ) which means it would be really easy and it would be cleared the first day or 2.

Or it would be scaled up to todays difficulty, if to mythic, it could be many weeks before it was cleared
    I've no idea what to write here.

I agree he isn't a great player skillwise. But he still organized and lead top guilds for years.
    He hasn't organized or led anything.....

Hes officers and the people surrounding him did.
    You can go back to manaflask and read some of Buzzkills interviews where he mentions Kungen going on and off during BwL because he got an axe he wanted so much or all the drama surrounding that guy.
    He was only there because he was the GM for what ever reason that was....... and he was held in a very high regard by all the plebs around meaning he is a PR figure that allowed them to get other decent applicants from all over nothing more nothing less only thing he needed to do is sit and take hits something to which he failed even at you can clearly see him during highmaul when he revived Nihilum getting destroyed by Butcher and yelling at the healers for him dying while hes active mititgation in a fight that lasts 6mins was used like 5 times......

Quote Originally Posted by spain20 View Post
    This has been done before by the main tank of Nihilum came back to wow and was able to clear the current raids in under a week the best players are the best for a reason regardless of what you idiots think
    Funny part is he even gimped himself in greys and bad greens and still did it with 20 or so players.