PC problems again (long post)

I guess this stuff continues from this post of 2 months ago: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-can-to-fix-it

I think I should call a exorcist because something is haunting my PC for sure. Let me state what has been going on for the past year;

• Decided to go from a ATX tower build to a mITX build
    • Purchased a Silverstone Raven RVZ01 case, Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B CPU cooler, Silverstone 450SFX PSU, i5 4690k and a Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI motherboard
    • After tons of issues with CPU fan not spinning, crashes and Kernel 41 errors I changed some parts again
    • Purchased Silverstone SST-SX600-G
    • Problems persisted, replaced my ram. Had Vengeance Corsair 8GB, now I have HyperX Fury 16GB
    • More problems after a few weeks of having a stable PC.
    • The Silverstone Raven RVZ01 was a really nice case, unless you have to take it apart every other day. I got absolutely sick of it and purchased a Corsair Obsidian 250D. Meanwhile I also found the motherboard issue, a few bend pins on the CPU socket so I replaced that with my current (Asrock z97e-itx/ac).
    • PC runs fine again and happy days are to be had.
    • Purchased a 34" ultra wide monitor, not relevant to issues though.
    • Purchased a EVGA GTX 1070 SC, my 280x couldn't handle the resolution without having fps drops.

And here I am again.

• Plugged in the GTX 1070, no screen, after 3 or 4 reboots I finally get a screen. I run the DDU in safe mode to make sure no AMD drivers were left over by any chance (I thought they caused the issue), rebooted and installed Nvidia drivers and no screen. After some reboots it worked again.
    • Card ran like a charm for 7-8 days and forgot about the initial issues I had. I did consider a RMA because of annoying coil whine, because I specifically chose this card because it's a pretty silent card and the coil whine pretty much destroyed that purchase decision.
    • After said 7-8 days, I turn on my PC and no screen. After numerous reboots, testing 2 DP and 2 HDMI cables and different ports I connected my monitor to the motherboard. Decided to once more run DDU, went to uninstall AMD drivers again just for the sake of making sure and got rid of Nvidia drivers.
    • Went into my motherboard BIOS to check if there were any PCI-E related settings, couldn't find any but I did find some nice picture of my motherboard where you could hover over all the slots and see what hardware is in it. PCI-E showed up as empty..
    • Thinking BIOS may have derped, I try to install the newest drivers of NVIDIA. No compatible hardware found. Also in my devices there was no sign of it.
    • Flashed my BIOS from 1.80 to 2.10 to no effect.
    • Rebooted PC and back to the bios if any new PCI-E settings were added or so. Found nothing but I did change back my cpu/case fan settings to the ones I had before (silent).
    • I boot to windows and gpu is detected... Installed drivers, ran all kind of tests again and it seemed to work fine (Furmark, regulair gaming etc).
    • This morning, no screen again..
    • Connected monitor to motherboard, went through all kind of settings on my PC like PCI-E power settings, turned these off as it was on maximum efficiency.
    • Found this thread on corsair.com about my case. Some issue with the gpu slot in the case pressing the GPU down on the motherboard causing it to bend. Can confirm, it was bend slightly. Followed these steps (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...5&postcount=26) and hopefully I will get that booster.
    • Thinking this was causing it, I tried to fix it myself. All I had to do was litteraly take off the slider (where you screw down the PSU, you can see the corsair dude holding it up in his post) and the problem was fixed for me. It was easy to take off, I boot the PC it works. Cursing at myself for never paying attention to this I'm happy I may have found it.
    • Jokes on me, went for dinner and turned on PC after, no screen.
    • Signed up the GTX 1070 for RMA and it got approved, I can sent it tomorrow. Decided to put in my 280x in the meanwhile and god damn it no screen.
    • Purchased a Corsair RM550X which I will get tomorrow.
    • Just checked Windows Event Viewer and I am at 25 kernel 41 errors again.. I don't know if my PC just crashed when I got a black screen, makes me feel like that's been happening.

Now all I want to know is if there is ANYTHING else at all I can do to determine what the hell is going wrong with my PCs. Am I just having a bad luck streak or have I bought shitty PC parts? I really have no idea. I'm ready to just grab my PC and toss it out of my window.

I signed up my PSU for RMA but I am afraid they will just sent it back saying it works fine, it does work fine as long as I don't put a GPU in my case. What's odd to me is that it doesn't crash during high-load tests like I would expect from a faulty PSU.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them!
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Yhose kernel 41 errors are not something to be worried about as they just happen when the pc crashes or resets unexpectedly, you need to find why it happens, there should be other errors pointing to that, maybe anyways.

Somehow I don't think there is anything wrong with your hardware something is just not connected correctly, I recently installed my new GTX 1080 and could not get an image, put in my old card again, nothing, put it in a different slot on the mobo, still nothing, I checked all cables, connection, you name it i checked it, nothing worked, put the card back in the usual pci slot, screwed it fast as i was planning to bring it to the store, turned it on once more to see and it worked again, don't ask me why, installed new GPU again, and it still works, maybe it was not pushed in far enough, maybe the pci slot was sagging a bit, no idea.

But if like you there are 2 cards not working, chances are higher that it's not physically installed correctly then something is broken, especially if it does work on occasion.

Sounds like either a motherboard or PSU issue. Report the situation once you get your Corsair RM550x.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    But if like you there are 2 cards not working, chances are higher that it's not physically installed correctly then something is broken, especially if it does work on occasion.

So please tell me how to install a GPU then?

My motherboard doesn't have the PCI-E slots in which you 'click' the GPU, you put it in and then move a slider to lock it into place, without it you can pull it out easily (it's not like the more common 'push button to lift GPU out of PCI-E slot).

I've tried putting pressure on the GPU card and then locking it, there's no way it's not properly installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Sounds like either a motherboard or PSU issue. Report the situation once you get your Corsair RM550x.
    New PSU is installed, the 1070 gave me a screen right away.. Now I just have to test it some more because I can't reproduce the problem, fingers crossed...
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    New PSU is installed, the 1070 gave me a screen right away.. Now I just have to test it some more because I can't reproduce the problem, fingers crossed...
    Are you having the same issue with your onboard graphics?

I had the exact same problem with an Asus GTX 680 I ordered off ebay about a year ago. I would plug it in, boot up and no joy, like the computer wasn't connected to the monitor. I switched monitors and the odd thing was that sometimes this thing would boot correctly and sometimes it would not.

What fixed it for me was retracing my steps and reinstalling the device.

First, I installed the gpu, then I flashed the cmos on the mobo(by using the asrock switch on the back of the motherboard). Then I turned the PSU off and back on. Then I used a NEW properly researched hdmi cable(some aftermarket cables won't work with some cards) and plugged into a 1080p monitor that I knew worked. Then after restarting the computer it came on, and I dug down into the bios and selected that the PCI-E slot was the slot to always prefer for video. It ran find since then, but I have also upgraded to a 980ti since then.

Very common sense stuff, but I had worked on it so long I had lost track of that simple step of resetting the bios after I installed the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Are you having the same issue with your onboard graphics?
    Zero problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I had the exact same problem with an Asus GTX 680 I ordered off ebay about a year ago. I would plug it in, boot up and no joy, like the computer wasn't connected to the monitor. I switched monitors and the odd thing was that sometimes this thing would boot correctly and sometimes it would not.

What fixed it for me was retracing my steps and reinstalling the device.

First, I installed the gpu, then I flashed the cmos on the mobo(by using the asrock switch on the back of the motherboard). Then I turned the PSU off and back on. Then I used a NEW properly researched hdmi cable(some aftermarket cables won't work with some cards) and plugged into a 1080p monitor that I knew worked. Then after restarting the computer it came on, and I dug down into the bios and selected that the PCI-E slot was the slot to always prefer for video. It ran find since then, but I have also upgraded to a 980ti since then.

Very common sense stuff, but I had worked on it so long I had lost track of that simple step of resetting the bios after I installed the card.
    Unfortunately I pretty much have done all these steps.

Did some game testing, low FPS in WoW and Battlefield 4 ran at 35 fps.. Rebooted, no screen, took card out and put it back in, no screen.

Put in 280X and works flawless. I'm sending the 1070 back now. It looks like both the old PSU and the 1070 had problems...