Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    as a kiwi i approve this thread
    Of course they did touch the class, a lot, in awkward places. But they basically denied it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    won't dingos just kill the native animals too? a kiwi bird is basically a pre-packaged snack for them.

they won't hunt goats when they have other easier meals. that's the way nature works.
    my thoughts exactly, i cant see this ending the way they think it will lol.

and what about the most invasive and dangerous of all pests, humans? no other species is as responsible for the damage to new zealands unique ecosystem
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm pretty sure that in that particular location there are no kiwis, possible because the goats have ruined the habitat - so this measure is to reestablish a forest.
    Well no, because that particular location is Australia, and kiwis live in New Zealand, not Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well I'd still be alarmed at a culture that teaches kids that it is a good idea to kill wildlife.
    Yes, how dare we let evolution be evolution. HOW DARE WE! Ofcourse in the stone ages, dark ages we also had wildlife preservation groups /headdesk.

"Let's stop nature being nature, because I am egotistical and want creatures to survive"

15+ Year Old Account
    Updated first post, includes original article now. I´m still amused.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I couldn't get past the part of the article where the writer couldn't decide if this was New Zealand or Australia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I couldn't get past the part of the article where the writer couldn't decide if this was New Zealand or Australia.
    Seems to be australia, second article is ignorable though, was the first one i found yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is beyond retarded. Dingoes are scavangers and opportunists they will eat all the fauna there not just goats. Goats should have been culled instead either hunters or chemically as it normally is against goats. Brainless greenies think they are doing the right thing but letting native fauna get killed until this time-released poison kills the dingoes just so they feel better. So native fauna gets eaten, goats get eaten painfully by 4 wild dogs and then they are poisoned to death themselves from a capsule. Fucking insanity.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

TBH i was expecting this to be about exploding Dingoes killing goats. I am dissapoint.

But... why would you want to kill goats?!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    DOH, I'm well aware of where kiwi's live.

The kiwi is extinct in many locations of NZ because the their habitats were destroyed, and NZ consists of many islands - this particular place described in the article is an island which would perfect to reintroduce kiwis once they got rid of the invasive species.
    Yeah but the part with dingos and goats is referring to the Great Barrier Reef, which is Australia.

Deleted
    Was expecting bomb rigged dingos a'la Worms style.
    I am dissapointed in you OP.

That's the most metal thing I've ever read.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Okay, i don't use caps often but i really need this point to get across.

AUSTRALIAN AND NEW ZEALAND ARE DIFFERENT FUCKING COUNTRIES, and the second link refers to New Zealand but the island is off the coast of Australia which is almost the distance gap from Australia to Japan from us to this island.

New Zealanders don't have a wild dog population we've had only birds until European settlers came here, It looks like some American with no brain did a quick read then remembered lord of the rings was made "down south" and guessed the name.

I do think the solution is silly but i've seen worse solutions like blankets covered in disease given to native populations?
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Damn...this is pretty fucking metal right here son.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    That's not the point.

Why can't they cull the dingoes with a bullet instead?
    You want to search an entire island for dingoes? Go ahead. (That's the point. It's not feasible)

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    You want to search an entire island for dingoes? Go ahead. (That's the point. It's not feasible)
    Ever head of microchipping?

7+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting the dingoes to blow up.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    The stuff is horrific. Don't care how "effective" it is, it's very cruel.

They could have just introduced them, then culled them with a bullet to the head. Not with a poison that is not only exceptionally cruel, but has a pretty awful flow-on effect with the rest of the ecosystem. Anyone saying it's "hippy shit" to complain about it can come back to me when they see a dingo suffer horribly from it in front of their eyes. Kids should be taught how to take care of problems humanely, not conveniently be cruel because it's "easier" or whatever rationale is used to be an indifferent arsehole.
    This.

Why not encourage hunting in the area where the problem is occurring? People pay good money to hunt feral species from helicopters:

15+ Year Old Account
    That dingo ate my baby!

edit: holy shit, that hog heli video...LOL
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2016-07-26 at 03:17 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.