Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Unelss they really messed something up, that can't happen. This isn't Diablo 1, where animation speed and attack speed were linked.

The game doesn't wait for animations to be finished.
    Go ahead and tell that to the people bitching about it on the forums. Sorry guys you can't use abilities and are falsely gcd locked. Good news though that can't happen so you must just be imagining it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Go ahead and tell that to the people bitching about it on the forums. Sorry guys you can't use abilities and are falsely gcd locked. Good news though that can't happen so you must just be imagining it.
    People make up shit on forums constantly, it's a fact that WoW does not wait for animations.

Simple case of "we haven't gotten around to casters in regards to full new animations yet". It's not like it is a gamebreaking thing now, is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
    This game has long been designed for stupid boxers.
    ... How does that even make sense?

Unelss they really messed something up, that can't happen. This isn't Diablo 1, where animation speed and attack speed were linked.

The game doesn't wait for animations to be finished.
    What seems to be happening is that the fist-fighting animation overrides the casting animations, so it looks like your character is idle for longer than it actually is. The same thing would happen pre-patch in Timewalking dungeons where I'd use the old Cunning of the Cruel trinket. After the shadow bolt volley would trigger, my character would stand still for a second or two. It looked like I wasn't doing anything, but the cast bar was still showing up.

So it definitely isn't actual lag, it just looks like it. I can't blame people for not seeing that, though. It's pretty jarring at first to see your character doing nothing for a little bit after a global cooldown.

Deleted
    I agree that it looks a bit silly, but it makes sense that we use both our speech and hands to conjure spells, not weapons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... How does that even make sense?
    Good question. Ask Blizzard. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I didn't say you can't get erroneously GCD locked. I said it can't be due to animations. So sorry, but i'm not going to prop up your strawman.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    What seems to be happening is that the fist-fighting animation overrides the casting animations, so it looks like your character is idle for longer than it actually is. The same thing would happen pre-patch in Timewalking dungeons where I'd use the old Cunning of the Cruel trinket. After the shadow bolt volley would trigger, my character would stand still for a second or two. It looked like I wasn't doing anything, but the cast bar was still showing up.

So it definitely isn't actual lag, it just looks like it. I can't blame people for not seeing that, though. It's pretty jarring at first to see your character doing nothing for a little bit after a global cooldown.
    That would make more sense. Animations slowing down gameplay is like red making cars faster: Unless you(that is, the player) are an Ork, it doesn't happen.

You totally can blame people for not bothering to investigate further, though. It's one thing to notice that something looks like it's behaving oddly. It's another to then immediately assume the sky is falling and not even making an attempt to check whether the thing is actually behaving that way.

Deleted
    I'm also hoping its a bug. Let's be honest, if a rampaging centaur or whatever was charging towards you the first thing you'd do as a master of frost magic or fire magic or anything WIZARD is not *equips fists* i mean are we playing skyrim?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
    I'm also hoping its a bug. Let's be honest, if a rampaging centaur or whatever was charging towards you the first thing you'd do as a master of frost magic or fire magic or anything WIZARD is not *equips fists* i mean are we playing skyrim?
    Yeah, it makes more sense to ready your staff and then immediately sheathe it again when you're actually casting spells.

Deleted
    I actually kinda like it. Looks great on my Male Undead.

I cast with my hands, so this kind of animation makes me feel like I'm preparing to cast shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I follow ABC, so I ha honestly never even noticed it. Checked it out on my mage, doesn't bother me, more so as the only reason I saw it was because I only did 1 cast to see it. I dunno about other specs or maybe if you have downtime, but it doesn't seem like something you'd see very often. You hands are where your magic seems to emanate from too, so doesn't see too silly.

I didn't say you can't get erroneously GCD locked. I said it can't be due to animations. So sorry, but i'm not going to prop up your strawman.

That would make more sense. Animations slowing down gameplay is like red making cars faster: Unless you(that is, the player) are an Ork, it doesn't happen.

You totally can blame people for not bothering to investigate further, though. It's one thing to notice that something looks like it's behaving oddly. It's another to then immediately assume the sky is falling and not even making an attempt to check whether the thing is actually behaving that way.
    Well they just happen at the same time, I am sure it isn't related though. No strawmanning there, go ask the kids for some new buzz word to toss around.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It blows me away that they spent all that work on new animations for melee, but casters still keep their weapons sheathed while casting.

Can I get some "You. Shall. Not. Pass" maybe?
    Yeah but think about the existing caster anims. Take night elves, for example. Half my druid's spells, she stands there with her hands near her shoulders twirling them at the wrist. If she pulled out a mace or a staff, she'd be bonking herself in the head. LOL!

They would have to completely 100% redo the casting animations from scratch, in order to use weapons during them. And support all the types of weapons in the game except, what, polearms and twohanders? Because most all of them can be used by some flavor of caster or other.

I really detest the combat stance when I'm not casting on my resto druid. So much of what I do on her is instant cast, so there is a lot of downtime during which she just looks so stupid now.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    They would have to completely 100% redo the casting animations from scratch, in order to use weapons during them. And support all the types of weapons in the game except, what, polearms and twohanders? Because most all of them can be used by some flavor of caster or other.
    Which is exactly what they did for melee. I don't see the problem here.