Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah does anyone with realm first max level suggested this? I've never seen this as a valid strategy for speed runners unless it was like a exploit like the Pandaria turtle meat, just get's you behind the pack and in long run not helpful to getting to max faster.
    Many realm first max levels will suggest it - what you're confusing that with is WORLD firsts, who will rely on something that will generally be hotfixed within 48 hours. There's an inherent risk there with getting your character reverted using those methods, whereas dailies in the past has been a solid bonus (objectively) for the little time spent.

F.ex. in pandaria I did daily handin with tol-barad (22 dailies total I think saving them up over the days). This took me just over a minute to handin at both locations and get into mop content, and I had made up that minute before even encountering the hozen, being the first on the realm to enter the following zones (and therefore have no competition)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haelbrecht View Post
    I'd much rather enjoy the new content and absorb every tiny bit of lore and scenery.
    Exactly this.

Everyone bitches there is nothing to do and then rushes through the new stuff not noticing what is going on.

I've already absorbed every tiny bit of lore and scenery in beta.
    Now its time to level in 10 hours. Not gonna bother with WoD quests because the 30mins they shave off is completely irrelevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Yea, the biggest issue with doing this is that with scaling you'll get further behind on gear. Which makes you not only get nailed for more damage, but takes you longer to kill mobs, slowing you down even more.
    At level 105 you currently get gear equal to mythic HFC sometimes a little above. So that's not the end asuming you do have those sweet purples, but my OCD made me clear the map of all treasures, quests and bonus objectives so buhuuu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah does anyone with realm first max level suggested this? I've never seen this as a valid strategy for speed runners unless it was like a exploit like the Pandaria turtle meat, just get's you behind the pack and in long run not helpful to getting to max faster.
    Turning in a large number of quests has always been beneficial for speed levelers. They'd otherwise be cheating themselves out of a nice boost. And if you're afraid of falling behind right at the start, then just hearth back and turn them in later.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
    Turning in a large number of quests has always been beneficial for speed levelers. They'd otherwise be cheating themselves out of a nice boost. And if you're afraid of falling behind right at the start, then just hearth back and turn them in later.

This... also Legion there's no falling behind the pack, since there's no 100-102, 102-104 zones. Every zone is 100-110, so you're going to not be able to "get ahead" of everyone as people will be everywhere this time, plus mob tagging is no longer an issue.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Being a completionist means that my main going into Legion doesn't have a mountain of unfinished Draenor content to sponge XP from, so for that reason alone I'm just gonna make a beeline for the Broken Isles.
    I have a total of 1 area quest and 2 standard quests that provide the exp boost. I had finished most other quests

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Numptydumbty View Post
    Exactly this.

Everyone bitches there is nothing to do and then rushes through the new stuff not noticing what is going on.
    So a) everyone does not bitch and I certainly don't so please don't project you foolish hyperbole on me And b) this thread ain't for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I've already absorbed every tiny bit of lore and scenery in beta.
    Now its time to level in 10 hours. Not gonna bother with WoD quests because the 30mins they shave off is completely irrelevant.
    I really don't understand this - it's very minimal effort for a noticeable gain (30% for 2 minutes is amazing)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    I have a total of 1 area quest and 2 standard quests that provide the exp boost. I had finished most other quests

- - - Updated - - -

So a) everyone does not bitch and I certainly don't so please don't project you foolish hyperbole on me And b) this thread ain't for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Who the hell do you think you are? Go and take your head for a shit.

I really don't understand this - it's very minimal effort for a noticeable gain (30% for 2 minutes is amazing)
    I doubt you understand much at all.

It will matter less with the way Legion spreads people out. In the past if you really wanted to level quickly you needed to stay ahead of the crowd. There aren't enough areas dense enough with quest turn ins or bonus zones to really do much for you. For alts this isn't a bad idea since they aren't going to be zipping along at the same pace and why not do quests now that benefit you tomorrow.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    This... also Legion there's no falling behind the pack, since there's no 100-102, 102-104 zones. Every zone is 100-110, so you're going to not be able to "get ahead" of everyone as people will be everywhere this time, plus mob tagging is no longer an issue.
    Thanks for the posts and your video! Was gutted they nerfed the missives from 15k to 3.7k though there is also the cooking and fishing daily in stormwind that is still worth 15k ish

Huh, why do you wanna rush to level 110, when raids are opening like a week or later? There is no advantage in doing this any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Numptydumbty View Post
    I doubt you understand much at all.
    Cool man. Glad you felt compelled to insult me for no reason. Hope it made you feel good about yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Huh, why do you wanna rush to level 110, when raids are opening like a week or later? There is no advantage in doing this any more.
    I enjoy being max level and getting access to items/content asap. Just part of what I enjoy I guess.

Deleted
    Cool man. Glad you felt compelled to insult me for no reason. Hope it made you feel good about yourself.
    You started the insults so don't cry there's a good chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This is only doable with a toon that just hit 100 and hasn't touched anything. What's the point of hitting 105 ultrafast in a boosted alt?

- - - Updated - - -

Clearing zones doesn't give you a chance at legendary drops; they don't come from world mobs (emissary caches, dungeon and raid bosses, probably pvp treasureboxes).
    The ilvl of gear you get while doing quests in zones other than Suramar at lvl 110 is worse than gear from world quests or max level normals. So again not worth it for anything but relics.
    ill be rolling prot paladin so im on my way 1-100, so ill be leveling up,

dont going to rush anything btw, i preffer to enjoy contento, But just to point your argument lol

It's a waste of time doing this. For one SIMPLE reason:

You HAVE to complete all 4 zones before you can do Suramar at max level. Doing those 4 zones will take you to max level. Mobs scale with your level, so it won't be easier or faster if you think you can do it on lower leveled mobs. You are literally just wasting your time doing this stacking shit.

since raids will take some time to open, you need certain reps for broken isles pathfinder, you can get 110 in third day and dont miss any daily cache, you can do all the mythics in the last day before the weekly reset, everyone will need to wait for champions quest in order hall to progresso furter on class quests, it is just not worth to do this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post

You HAVE to complete all 4 zones before you can do Suramar at max level. Doing those 4 zones will take you to max level. Mobs scale with your level, so it won't be easier or faster if you think you can do it on lower leveled mobs. You are literally just wasting your time doing this stacking shit.
    Sure it's kind of a waste of time, as leveling the fastest doesn't gain you anything any longer. It's also really fun to do though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    because EU will have only about 30 hours before 5ppl mythic reset and you will need to level 100-110 then gear about 820ilvl and then clear these mythics before weekly reset. so if you can win 4 hours in leveling its a great help. as for me i will not play all these 30hours. i will have only about 18 hours and these 4 hours means i can do mythics day1. day1 mythics means everything. you receive mass 840ilvl items. you faster open WQs with 835-840 rewards etc. if you can do mythics day1 then you can afk 5days and still be better geared then others who play everyday but dont do day1 mythics.
    Last edited by ztn; 2016-07-26 at 02:06 PM.

It is irrelevant to me whether I ding 30 minutes faster or not. What is there to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    because EU will have only about 30 hours before 5ppl mythic reset and you will need to level 100-110 then gear about 820ilvl and then clear these mythics before weekly reset. so if you can win 4 hours in leveling its a great help. as for me i will not play all these 30hours. i will have only about 18 hours and these 4 hours means i can do mythics day1. day1 mythics means everything. you receive mass 840ilvl items. you faster open WQs with 835-840 rewards etc. if you can do mythics day1 then you can afk 5days and still be better geared then others who play everyday but dont do day1 mythics.
    What 4 hours are you talking about lol. The video showing a fresh character?
    I have completed all the quests in WoD and did all the bonus areas. Should I roll a new char to be able to level faster in Legion? Lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Gonna laugh my ass off at the people who do this and then have to fight enemies at a way higher ilvl. Gonna be hilarious.
    Mobs scale in Legion to your level, nice try. Laugh harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haelbrecht View Post
    I'd much rather enjoy the new content and absorb every tiny bit of lore and scenery.
    So why are you in this thread? Clearly it's not aimed at you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    You people will only have yourselves to blame if you have "no content" if you deliberately blitz through it as fast as possible.
    Me? I'm gonna load up the Storyline addon and take my sweet ass time doing the levelling content.
    World quests = content. It doesn't die out. Plus it means you get to do all the new zones at max level sooner meaning better gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post

They will drop max level gear with this method.