Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up I feel like I came back Home (Good feels from WoW)

It has been about 5 days since i returned back to WoW. I left mid cataclysm and never looked back. In that time i mostly played swtor, RIFT, Archeage and i tried out Riders of Icarus a few weeks back. I loved WoW, but i left because my guild whom i have been playing w/ since mid BC had dismantled and my RL friends left w/ it. I did not want to join another guild, it seemed to sad to do that.
    I was playing Riders of Icarus and I went on twitter and I noticed someone in my feed posted about Legion. I Immediately, went to wow.com and installed the game.

Anyways, since logging back in WoW. It feels like a brand new game, there was alot of stuff i forgot. Something simple, like how do i get to the other continent took me a moment to remember. But in the past few days, i have been excited to log in and level/play. I even had fun, when a shaman decided to kill me while i was AFK letting the dog out. I came back a few moments before I died. When i went to to retrieve my body, i saw the shaman and i said "I am going to get him". As a DK, I decimated them. They thought they could do a surprise attack on me w/ a reincarnate, but i killed them again. Something simple like that was ALOT of fun. I did played archeage for a while, so I am no stranger to PVP. But this felt a lot different....

It could be that the game is still shiny to me, I already get the feeling that I will be sticking around WoW for a good long time. I did not hesitate and I bought Legion and I am anxiously awaiting that expansion. I like it, when the game "resets" and it makes everyone on a more equal footing. I like that I wont be a noob to the dungeons, that everyone has experienced 1000 times. Same w/ the raids, I tend to ask alot of questions and i know it upsets people. But id rather ask questions then wipe everyone. In the end, I feel like I came back home. Even though I played EQ for years, WoW is pretty special. (Please flame me, for being nostalgic)

Thank you for listening to my love letter to WoW :P ( I wonder if Mankrik's wife likes wow)

TL;DR

Wow feels new and i want to play every second i can. I am excited that everyone will be on equal footing when legion is released and i wont be the noob in dungeons and raids (well not as much :P)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starxxx View Post
    Wow feels new and i want to play every second i can. I am excited that everyone will be on equal footing when legion is released and i wont be the noob in dungeons and raids (well not as much :P)
    Wow is a fun game when there's content to do and new places to explore.
    For most of the people who've been playing WoD, this hasn't been the case for a long long while - we've basically been sat in our Garrisons for 14 monhts, occasionally teleporting to HFC for raids.

Good to hear you're enjoying yourself, welcome back and looking forward to Legion!

7+ Year Old Account
    I've just resubbed after a couple of years as well (I last played in cata). It is a new game - it took me a while to figure out where my talent tree went, why everybody in the starting zone was riding around in motorcycles, etc. The graphics are a lot cleaner.

I left because I was burnt out on raiding Dragon Soul, and couldn't wrap my head around Pandaland. Then WoD came out and I thought the whole "alternate timeline" thing was a weak plot. Anyhow I'm ready to give Legion a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    I've just resubbed after a couple of years as well (I last played in cata). It is a new game - it took me a while to figure out where my talent tree went, why everybody in the starting zone was riding around in motorcycles, etc. The graphics are a lot cleaner.

I left because I was burnt out on raiding Dragon Soul, and couldn't wrap my head around Pandaland. Then WoD came out and I thought the whole "alternate timeline" thing was a weak plot. Anyhow I'm ready to give Legion a shot.
    Azeroth needs heroes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Wow feels new and i want to play every second i can.
    Let us know how you feel in 3 months. Who knows, maybe Legion turns out to be amazing, but WoD felt good at first too. It wasn't...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    Let us know how you feel in 3 months. Who knows, maybe Legion turns out to be amazing, but WoD felt good at first too. It wasn't...
    Please leave the forum negative nancy. He came back since Cataclysm, no shit he feels new. And i am glad he does. Since most of us don't feel that way anymore and we are jealous off it. Legion looks promising and OP came back on right moment.

Yeah I guess that if you came back for WoW since Cataclysm... then the game is amazingly fun.

Why is it fun for those people and not that much for people who stayed on?
    Well you do not have diminishing returns on dopamines really. Everything is NOW, there is no grind really apart from leveling. Every zone is new and keeps you busy for a long while. Things are fresh and will stay that way for ages for you because you didn't have to grind them every week or day. You don't have to bother with certain chores. Daily cooldowns, dailies or command tables.. Nothing current is important enough to grind your ass off for. So everything is free and could be fun atleast to try once. Nothing is not worth your time basically.

I may sound bitter etc... but damn.. WOOPTIFUCKINGDO the conclusion... "Its so much fun!! I came home!!!"

Well... dudes or dudettes... i'll be wanting a PM from you both after a year of full playing in legion ok? Deal? Or you may revisit this thread... fine by me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Yeah I guess that if you came back for WoW since Cataclysm... then the game is amazingly fun.

Why is it fun for those people and not that much for people who stayed on?
    Well you do not have diminishing returns on dopamines really. Everything is NOW, there is no grind really apart from leveling. Every zone is new and keeps you busy for a long while. Things are fresh and will stay that way for ages for you because you didn't have to grind them every week or day. You don't have to bother with certain chores. Daily cooldowns, dailies or command tables.. Nothing current is important enough to grind your ass off for. So everything is free and could be fun atleast to try once. Nothing is not worth your time basically.

I may sound bitter etc... but damn.. WOOPTIFUCKINGDO the conclusion... "Its so much fun!! I came home!!!"

Well... dudes or dudettes... i'll be wanting a PM from you both after a year of full playing in legion ok? Deal? Or you may revisit this thread... fine by me.
    Dude, every game is boring after 1 year of playing it. So stop being so negative. Vanilla wasn't fun after a year either for most people.

Welcome back OP!

Just a shame you posted in MMO-Champ - the home of the WoW hater. Pretty much guaranteed that any positive thread will be flooded with folks calling you dillusional, a white knighter, a shill for Blizzard or just a plain ol' fanboi. Ignore 'em.

Deleted
    Welcome back been playing Legion since Alpha, and I can tell you, that there will be many hours of fun with it. Imo the best expansion since TBC - if not better. But then again, it is a matter of taste. Legion is no longer new or shiny to me, but I still feel it might be the best expansion we have seen so far.

10+ Year Old Account

You forgot i played from BC to cata. I know about the grind. I am sorry i posted, i did not mean to rub it in your face.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet deal! thanks for the info!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Welcome back been playing Legion since Alpha, and I can tell you, that there will be many hours of fun with it. Imo the best expansion since TBC - if not better. But then again, it is a matter of taste. Legion is no longer new or shiny to me, but I still feel it might be the best expansion we have seen so far.
    Sweet deal! thanks for the info!!!
    Last edited by Starxxx; 2016-07-26 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Dude, every game is boring after 1 year of playing it. So stop being so negative. Vanilla wasn't fun after a year either for most people.
    I hear you. I am also sick of my own negativity. No joke. But I did have fun 100% (or near) in every expansion up and including firelands. After that it was steadily going down for me for various reasons. So I could have fun for almost 8 years straight. Nowadays I have fun with WoW for a couple of months... per expansion.

I too would absolutely LOVE WoW if I came back from Cataclysm and experience so many things until the end of WoD. It would be an amazing ride. To each ofcourse its own but "coming home" sense..... it just doesn't add up. I am ofcourse genuinly jealous of the OP in his feeling that he claims. I wish I could feel the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Welcome back been playing Legion since Alpha, and I can tell you, that there will be many hours of fun with it.
    I mean comments like this "many hours". While a good deal for your "buck".... I am not playing wow to be having fun for "many hours". If I play WoW I mean to have fun for the better part of a year at the very least with me logging in daily and be able to play for hours on end.

My schedule (be it healthy or not) from vanilla until Firelands..
    wake up: 06.00
    at work: 07.00
    coming home: 17.00 (after groceries)
    log out: 0.00
    --- repeat on any workday
    weekend:
    wake up around 11.00
    log out: 0.00 (or later if it is saturday)

Now this is the entertainment Blizzard gave me. At the time I was 25 had my own house/job etc.. Which is no different from today.
    Today I can log in at around 17.00 and play the game until 18.00 and basically be done with it if I did not raid. During the weekends I would not be logging at all if there are no raids. There isn't any point.

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot i played from BC to cata. I know about the grind. I am sorry i posted, i did not mean to rub it in your face.
    Actually I never said otherwise. I know you played until Cata. So it was implied that you played longer then just Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be pretty crazy to come back right now after not playing for years. New character models, animations, with how good the zones look since MoP. Would feel like a brand new game.

It's been a little different for me, but I haven't been gone as long. I only just started playing again a week ago after having been away from the game for most of WoD since I got bored with it. Came back to more of the same and haven't done anything particularly exciting yet, but it's been worth it just to familiarize myself with my spec again after all the changes and spend a little time farming gold and cleaning bags/quest logs to prepare for Legion.

It is really cool to see that most of my friends are coming back too. We're talking about getting my old guild from BC back together, and most of our core raiders who were in the guild during that period are on board. That was the most fun I've ever had raiding in WoW, so if we can get the same group back together, I'm really looking forward to it.

There's a couple of folks I know seem to be giving it another crack. I quit just prior to SoO, tried it again around the start of WoD, got 10 quests in and couldn't stomach it at all. Prior to quitting I was here from day 1 (in fact played US open beta, EU player though), had a small break early vanilla and at it solidly from then on. Raid lead, guild lead, rated PVP lead, pretty much the only thing I played and it was played to death. Have a wife and extensive friends still from it (AND a couple of my best gaming moments). Just... lost a useful raid guild spot, fell off the saddle and totally couldn't be arsed to get back in it (age/life/etc obviously makes a difference here, I'm a good 12 years older now... )

Tempted to try again though...

Question: Is there any way to blag a free week somewhere as a returning player? Be it, getting a res scroll from a friend, plugging details into a Blizz site somewhere/similar?
    £9 won't kill me either way but... eh, the free week I got at the start of WoD saw about an hours worth of use.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2016-07-26 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I never said otherwise. I know you played until Cata. So it was implied that you played longer then just Cata.

Sorry, did not mean to imply things. well i am going back to grind!!!

Deleted
    I hear you. I am also sick of my own negativity. No joke. But I did have fun 100% (or near) in every expansion up and including firelands. After that it was steadily going down for me for various reasons. So I could have fun for almost 8 years straight. Nowadays I have fun with WoW for a couple of months... per expansion.

I too would absolutely LOVE WoW if I came back from Cataclysm and experience so many things until the end of WoD. It would be an amazing ride. To each ofcourse its own but "coming home" sense..... it just doesn't add up. I am ofcourse genuinly jealous of the OP in his feeling that he claims. I wish I could feel the same.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean comments like this "many hours". While a good deal for your "buck".... I am not playing wow to be having fun for "many hours". If I play WoW I mean to have fun for the better part of a year at the very least with me logging in daily and be able to play for hours on end.

My schedule (be it healthy or not) from vanilla until Firelands..
    wake up: 06.00
    at work: 07.00
    coming home: 17.00 (after groceries)
    log out: 0.00
    --- repeat on any workday
    weekend:
    wake up around 11.00
    log out: 0.00 (or later if it is saturday)

Now this is the entertainment Blizzard gave me. At the time I was 25 had my own house/job etc.. Which is no different from today.
    Today I can log in at around 17.00 and play the game until 18.00 and basically be done with it if I did not raid. During the weekends I would not be logging at all if there are no raids. There isn't any point.

- - - Updated - - -

So.. you have absolutely no life outside the game and work and now you are a sour little moanbag spouting shit on a forum day in day out.
    Great, gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    So.. you have absolutely no life outside the game and work and now you are a sour little moanbag spouting shit on a forum day in day out.
    Great, gotcha.
    Returning players not really your thing then? Your own lack of social skills quite evident while you spout bile about someone elses. Excellent. You're clearly a paragon of virtue who's very existence should be revered. (Yay, polite flames brings back happy memories, you kids have no finesse )
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2016-07-26 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Returning players not really your thing then? Lack of social skills quite evident. Excellent. You're clearly a paragon of virtue who's very existence should be revered. (Yay, polite flames brings back happy memories, you kids have no finesse )
    I have no idea what you are talking about.
    My comment was to the negative nancy spouting shit in every tread.

I am very happy for the OP to be back and hope he will enjoy his time in the world (of warcraft).
    I came back from a 7 month break my self as I did not find WoD very intresting and am very much enjoying my now in the last few weeks of WoD catching up on things.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about.
    My comment was to the negative nancy spouting shit in every tread.

I am very happy for the OP to be back and hope he will enjoy his time in the world (of warcraft).
    I came back from a 7 month break my self as I did not find WoD very intresting and am very much enjoying my now in the last few weeks of WoD catching up on things.

Eh, my bad

WoD sounded like a pretty dire PoS so I guess sounding rather jaded happens. Miss-read though so my humblest apologies