View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    If that's far to you, I have no idea how you even play the game honestly. Like, do you actually play with the camera at near? It's really not very far compared to what was available before. I really hope you're just trolling and not actually that clueless.

Looks pretty far to me. EYYY there we go. That is set to far on my interface. I would call that pretty far. Also only posted it on that character because it was the first thing I logged into. Anyone wants to show me far on other toons in different circumstances feel free to.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-26 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    Mythic raider and PVP player.... No problem to me at all. Always used the basic interface no macro. I honestly don't see the problem besides the "I like it that's why". As someone that never used it, I never felt at an disadvantage.
    So basically the change doesn't affect you at all, while it affects other people negatively. Not sure how that's a good change.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I'm unlikely to quit over just the reduced camera zoom but it noticeably reduces my enjoyment of raiding and that's 90% of why I play the game.

The most infuriating thing is this change benefits no one it's not like some class change that another group of players may like despite me personally despising it.
    For the last decade if you liked to play zoomed in you could the CVar command never stopped you, I don't want other people to be forced to zoom out I just want the option to zoom out for myself to be given back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Interface-Camera- Chnge the default from Near to Far. That is very far from what I looked at last night.
    I agree, i don't really understand why people are so mad when it's something you can easily fix.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion. As others said, find camera settings and and change distance to far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by Saishan View Post
    I'm unlikely to quit over just the reduced camera zoom but it noticeably reduces my enjoyment of raiding and that's 90% of why I play the game.

The most infuriating thing is this change benefits no one it's not like some class change that another group of players may like despite me personally despising it.
    For the last decade if you liked to play zoomed in you could the CVar command never stopped you, I don't want other people to be forced to zoom out I just want the option to zoom out for myself to be given back.
    Pretty much this. The change negatively affects some people and doesn't affect the rest of the playerbase at all. There used to be a choice on how far you wanted to zoom out(which, yes, obviously gave a slight advantage, although people played just fine without it too, as evidenced by the guy I quoted a few posts back), that choice is now reduced because "muh artistic vision".... after 10+ years of the console command existing.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I agree, i don't really understand why people are so mad when it's something you can easily fix.
    Even after changing to far in the interface max zoom is less than half what many of us have been using with the CVar command for years and years and before someone says it was an exploit or similar rubbish Blue's and GM's have been suggesting people use it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    That's not even close to the same as the zoom I played at before the patch.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Looks pretty far to me. EYYY there we go. That is set to far on my interface. I would call that pretty far. Also only posted it on that character because it was the first thing I logged into. Anyone wants to show me far on other toons in different circumstances feel free to.
    http://i.imgur.com/sQVcynC.jpg

There is one hell of a difference though

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because as they said, the game experience wasn't designed around numbers above the default UI slider.
    But people don't like that excuse, so they conveniently ignore it.
    Not liking an answer is one thing, but dismissing it without providing any other argument other than it being "bad" is not fine.
    Except they've evidently been designing around it - look at current creature sizes both in the world and raids, heck, look at the larger legion stuff. You are dismissing everyones arguments when most bosses are an example of it.

The majority apparantly didn't know about the console command or other means of accessing it, so the majority apparantly managed just fine.
    The kneejerk response that it is simply "unplayable" for melee or tanks is just wrong.
    I like your use of evidence here, oh wait no it's just you trying to shut down everyone who disagrees with blizzard, again.

Also personally I'd like to be able to do phases as a tank/melee without having to spin my camera around thousands of degrees over a 10 second period, which is currently what I'm doing to dodge things due to the change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/sQVcynC.jpg

There is one hell of a difference though
    Not saying there isn't a difference but it is still very far.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    It's an even playing field. If you're not a keyboard turning clicker noob, you should be happy because you will now play that much better than others!

I don't see a problem here. We will now play the game as Bliz wanted it played. I hope they do not change it back. At the same time if there are clipping problems they should fix them.

Honestly it looks better for playing and watching the game (streaming).
    An even playing field for who? I have a 21:9 screen, I still see far more than most people can. In most raid settings (in buildings) you couldn't be console camera max anyway; it made more of a difference when taking in the world by flight or other outside world stuff that doesn't affect other people and offers no real advantage other than seeing more of the world instead of a small swath of it.

For playing, saying 'it looks better' is personal, as you obviously need to be told as you don't understand what you have is an opinion, that a percentage of others do not agree with yours. For streaming it would be something similar; just like some films are wider than most of your screens or old stuff not wide enough, seeing some black here and there doesn't bother me ... though I rarely watch streams and when I did it was mostly destiny when I was playing that a lot.

Your first sentence doesn't make any sense, btw. The biggest advantage anyone can have in the game is being proficient at keybinding and macros. The view distance helps with FoV and avoidance, but more importantly raid leading and people in melee. Apparently Blizz didn't mind it being played the way it was for over a decade, so really this is just another in their weird changes they've done on a whim for the sake of it as far as I'm concerned. There are many things they should be fixing and working on, and the stuff they've done is baffling when that team could be put to better use than removing things and taking things away.

I'm rather ok with the change, I had taken a long break and rarely put it out all the way like I used to, and like I said, I have a 21:9 screen and still see a ton of stuff around me for the most part. I still have empathy for others, something you seem to lack unfortunately for you. Your attempt at disrespecting people to make a point makes it even more clear.

I just don't care that much about this issue personally, but I think they should reverse it for people with motion sickness issues, for raid leaders, and for those in melee combat so they aren't staring at kneecaps every fight.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    So basically the change doesn't affect you at all, while it affects other people negatively. Not sure how that's a good change.
    Pretty much my point. I always thought their reason was BS. How is it for balance?

10+ Year Old Account
    - snip -

I would never be able to play with the camera that far. I mean holy crap, how do you even know which one is your character?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    I am a Mythic raidleader and fall in the 3rd category. It is game breaking for me but I won't quit right away because I already bought Legion and I have strong social ties binding me to the game (Wife, RL-friends, guild). I can see myself doing 1 or 2 tiers before I rather want to slam my head into a brick wall instead of spending one more minute into camera micromanagement in raids.

I would like to hear your stories and perspectives on this.
    I quit after a couple months of WoD because flying was delayed. When the tokens were made available so I didn't have to spend weeks grinding rep... I cam e back and flew.

I will do the same with Legion... the zoom thing pisses me off.. but not near as much as the people that who let their fellow players get screwed over flying. NOW they are in an uproar... and all I can say is... you GAVE Blizzard license to do whatever they want by NOT supporting your fellow players who felt really upset about losing flying til such a late point in an expansion.

Now you feel really upset about the camera zoom. I know, know, apples and oranges.

Not really... because if you simply saw it as Blizz taking something away from your fellow players and supported us... and we supported you... they wouldn't get away with this shit. As it is...

You are getting your stuffz taken just like we did. See how that works?

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly never zoomed out too far that much. I really only used it during large boss fights, or when there was a lot to keep track of like in the H LK fight back in the day, or the train fight in BRF.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I would never be able to play with the camera that far. I mean holy crap, how do you even know which one is your character?
    I don't. I was just pointing out it really isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be with their whole "WAAAAAAAAH I'M GONNA QUIT" rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    The one in the middle of your screen?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Mythic raid lead here: if you put the slider on max (which most of the cry babies here don't even know, I am certain), the maximum view distance is completely okay for every job. Yeah, it may be not as far as was possible before, but it is not unplayable or anything at all. Stop bitching.

Whoever wants to quit over this: back up your words afterwards so everyone can see what idiots you gyus are =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Rarely could you ever zoom out to max with the way the camera worked. Shit would go all wonky if you panned it over a piece of the ceiling and it would mega zoom then go back out.