well we kinda already knew what it was.

Portable console huh with no backwards capabilities? Unless I can download my wiiU games for free onto it I'm sure as shit not getting it to replace my wiiu
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    lol it doesnt sound anything at all like the wii controllers did you not even see the patent about the controller released awhile ago?

its basically going to be the wiiu except you can make it just a tablet if you want. not wii controllers hooked onto a screen jesus is that really what you thought it was?
    we've heard the screen is bookended by two controller sections on either side, which can be attached or detached as required.
    From the first article. If my imagination is correct, it'll be two wii mote type remotes connected on each side that can be detached. One for each player, allowing 2 player gameplay. So according to the article, it'll be something like this

Though, I am hoping for something more along the lines of this, so we can have a proper fucking gamepad when it's docked.

Regardless, depending on it's official unveiling, I think I'll be passing on this thing.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

its just a screen that can go into a "shell" that gives it physical buttons instead of just touch inputs

- - - Updated - - -

http://pdfaiw.uspto.gov/.aiw?PageNum...%2F20160192067

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    well we kinda already knew what it was.

Portable console huh with no backwards capabilities? Unless I can download my wiiU games for free onto it I'm sure as shit not getting it to replace my wiiu
    its the succesor to both the wiiu and 3ds. so if you want to play nintendo games you'd have to get the nx eventually
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account

its just a screen that can go into a "shell" that gives it physical buttons instead of just touch inputs

- - - Updated - - -

http://pdfaiw.uspto.gov/.aiw?PageNum...%2F20160192067
    Read the article. It says that each side of the handheld (left and right) has it's own "controller". So when you detach them, two people can play on the big screen. It's basically saying they are wii remotes of sorts. Patents are almost never what the product really is. It's just a placement holder to show what they are trying to do.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2016-07-26 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    Read the article. It says that each side of the console (left and right) has it's own "controller". So when you detach them, two people can play on the big screen. It's basically saying they are wii remotes of sorts. Patents are almost never what the product really is. It's just a placement holder to show what they are trying to do.
    again, there is no reason to assume they are wii remote like at all considering that would not be good for gripping a controller. this is a handheld, it has to be able to fit into peoples pockets and putting two wii motes on its side arent going to do that
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

its the succesor to both the wiiu and 3ds. so if you want to play nintendo games you'd have to get the nx eventually
    They did state it's not a replacement for either. I'm skeptical that's actually true but time will tell.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    again, there is no reason to assume they are wii remote like at all considering that would not be good for gripping a controller. this is a handheld, it has to be able to fit into peoples pockets and putting two wii motes on its side arent going to do that
    Dude, you're taking my wii remotes comparison literally. It'll be the same concept but different design. It has to be, if when they are detached it will allow two player gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They did state it's not a replacement for either. I'm skeptical that's actually true but time will tell.
    if it wasnt, we would have games for both. instead we have paper mario and pokemon and thats pretty much it. oh and breath of the wild, which is nx.

all you have to do is look at the new sonic game announcement. ps4, xbox one, nx and pc. its clearly a new gen.

the question is how expensive is this going to be because it sounds really fucking expensive. at the very least, very expensive for handheld gamers if they dont sell the handheld only parts seperately.

im hoping the home console will basically be both, then they will also sell just the controller as handheld.

if the only way to play handheld games is to buy the whole package for people who just want to play pokemon or animal crossing will need to pay alot more.

if it wasnt, we would have games for both. instead we have paper mario and pokemon and thats pretty much it. oh and breath of the wild, which is nx.

all you have to do is look at the new sonic game announcement. ps4, xbox one, nx and pc. its clearly a new gen.

the question is how expensive is this going to be because it sounds really fucking expensive. at the very least, very expensive for handheld gamers if they dont sell the handheld only parts seperately.

im hoping the home console will basically be both, then they will also sell just the controller as handheld.

if the only way to play handheld games is to buy the whole package for people who just want to play pokemon or animal crossing will need to pay alot more.
    This is why I fully believe the docking station and handheld will be sold separately along with being sold together. People will want a handheld by itself and may or may not want the docking station or just have a cheaper option, and have the option to buy the docking station by itself if the one they have breaks or if they originally just bought the handheld by itself and changed their mind.

It all also depends on what the docking station is. Is it just a simple uping of the resolution or will it have parts of it's own to increase the graphics capabilities of the handheld when sent to the TV. I'm thinking the former at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    This is why I fully believe the docking station and handheld will be sold separately along with being sold together. People will want a handheld by itself and may or may not want the docking station or just have a cheaper option, and have the option to buy the docking station by itself if the one they have breaks or if they originally just bought the handheld by itself and changed their mind.

It all also depends on what the docking station is. Is it just a simple uping of the resolution or will it have parts of it's own to increase the graphics capabilities of the handheld when sent to the TV. I'm thinking the former at the moment.
    There was a rumor a while ago that the NX will have 3 SKUs. So this makes perfect sense. One for the actual system, the handheld. One for the docking station, and one for them both.

To your question about the docking station, one of their patents showed that the docking station for a handheld also acted as a SCD (Supplemental Computing Device) that boosted the power of the handheld, I believe that's what the dock will also act as. If the handheld will be using the next gen Tegra chips, it'll more than likely be somewhere in between the XB1 and PS4 power levels. So with the SCD (or dock), I think that it will achieve near Neo levels of power.

Pure speculation on my part, but if the dock acts as a SCD then it makes perfect sense. It would bring Nintendo up to current gen power levels while also retaining their originality. I just really, really hope that they include some kind of pro gamepad into the mix. Otherwise I'll have to pass. I detest separate controllers acting as one (a la wii mote).
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2016-07-26 at 02:07 PM.

There was a rumor a while ago that the NX will have 3 SKUs. So this makes perfect sense. One for the actual system, the handheld. One for the docking station, and one for them both.

To your question about the docking station, one of their patents showed that the docking station for a handheld also acted as a SCD (Supplemental Computing Device) that boosted the power of the handheld, I believe that's what the dock will also act as. If the handheld will be using the next gen Tegra chips, it'll more than likely be somewhere in between the XB1 and PS4 power levels. So with the SCD (or dock), I think that it will achieve near Neo levels of power.

Pure speculation on my part, but if the dock acts as a SCD then it makes perfect sense. It would bring Nintendo up to current gen power levels while also retaining their originality. I just really, really hope that they include some kind of pro gamepad into the mix. Otherwise I'll have to pass. I detest separate controllers acting as one (a la wii mote).
    I also saw the SCD patent, but my question was, will it be a simple uprezzing or will there be some actual graphic increases when docked?

Also, while I was formulating a response, I realized a few things, the dock will need streaming capabilities in a reversed manner to how the Wii U and GamePad interact, simple because not everyone with a handheld and dock will have an additional controller off the bat.

There will need to be USB charging cords to connect to the dock so players can continue to play while charging.

The docking station will need to be able to connect multiple standard controllers.

And there shouldn't be major issues with asymmetric local multiplayer, except in the case of a single handheld.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've been hearing there won't be backwards compatibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also saw the SCD patent, but my question was, will it be a simple uprezzing or will there be some actual graphic increases when docked?

Also, while I was formulating a response, I realized a few things, the dock will need streaming capabilities in a reversed manner to how the Wii U and GamePad interact, simple because not everyone with a handheld and dock will have an additional controller off the bat.

There will need to be USB charging cords to connect to the dock so players can continue to play while charging.

The docking station will need to be able to connect multiple standard controllers.

And there shouldn't be major issues with asymmetric local multiplayer, except in the case of a single handheld.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've been hearing there won't be backwards compatibility.
    It's yet to be determined if it will be a simple uprezzing or an actual graphical increase a la SLI. The patent, and some rumors, lead me to believe that it's the latter. Makes too much sense. They could cater to both the hardcore and casuals, like they originally wanted with the Wii U. This is basically what the Wii U should have been.

The docking station will have to act as a console shell in that case. So it will have USB ports, an HDD, and possibly the SCD integrated in it. The handheld is literally the brain, as the article states. But we'll find out in September when it gets unveiled.

Also, here's the NX design.

Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2016-07-26 at 02:53 PM.

Also, here's the NX design.

Just a heads up, said design is obviously not official.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a heads up, said design is obviously not official.
    No, it is not Nintendo's official art, but it's a nice pic of concept to understand what the article is trying to portray. This is straight from eurogamer.

https://twitter.com/tomphillipsEG/st...46786162020352
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2016-07-26 at 03:03 PM.

ALso, I'm gonna be really worried about space. I'm hoping external hard drives will be compatible because I've heard the standard NX carts will be 32 GB and even the biggest mini-SD card (256) can only hold 8 games, and I was hoping to go all digital this gen regardless of what the NX was.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Good thing mini SD cards are easy to carry.
    Yes, they are, but they are also easy to get lost, and if the NX is anything like the N3DS (where you have to unscrew some screws and then pop off the back to get at the mini SD card slot) then it would be a pain in the ass to even change your games around.

Which is why I'm hoping there will at least be EHD support at least while on the dock.

"On par with Xbox One" is not even close to true with the specs they stated, in fact it's more like is it even stronger then the Wii U?

On top of the fact the system is likely to have a 5 inch 540p screen for power draw concerns with high end gaming... I'm not so sure this is going to be the best way to play Zelda. From the sounds of it the dock does jack shit but send the image to your tv and up scale it to 1080p. It doesn't magically give the system more power.(and pretty sure Nintendo doesn't want it to if they're forcing it bundled with their next gen handheld.)

Anyways when it comes to NX still take shit like this with a grain of salt however eurogamer has more cred then hacks like Emily or Liam, they where on top of the neo/scorpio months before the companies ever mentioned them.

The only thing of note here that is good, is Nintendo's production will be entirely on one system instead of being spread and if Nintendo can get the Japanese 3rd parties who support the 3DS to move on that helps as well. I wouldn't expect it to have massive software droughts, but still it's going to be highly disappointing to still be stuck with Nintendo's amazing art in sub 1080p resolutions native.

It could be clear why Nintendo is okay with carts now, western 3rd parties aren't going to be down with this shit anyways and most of Nintendo's games on the Wii U are sub 15 GB.

Oh and look for competitive Smash 4 to be dropped from tournaments if Nintendo starts trying to pass out NX for them instead of Wii Us. No gamecube controller and a lower res version of the game will be the death of that game if Nintendo tries to push it as the definitive version.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-07-26 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    "On par with Xbox One" is not even close to true with the specs they stated, in fact it's more like is it even stronger then the Wii U?

On top of the fact the system is likely to have a 5 inch 540p screen for power draw concerns with high end gaming... I'm not so sure this is going to be the best way to play Zelda. From the sounds of it the dock does jack shit but send the image to your tv and up scale it to 1080p. It doesn't magically give the system more power.(and pretty sure Nintendo doesn't want it to if they're forcing it bundled with their next gen handheld.)

Anyways when it comes to NX still take shit like this with a grain of salt however eurogamer has more cred then hacks like Emily or Liam, they where on top of the neo/scorpio months before the companies ever mentioned them.

The only thing of note here that is good, is Nintendo's production will be entirely on one system instead of being spread and if Nintendo can get the Japanese 3rd parties who support the 3DS to move on that helps as well. I wouldn't expect it to have massive software droughts, but still it's going to be highly disappointing to still be stuck with Nintendo's amazing art in sub 1080p resolutions native.

It could be clear why Nintendo is okay with carts now, western 3rd parties aren't going to be down with this shit anyways and most of Nintendo's games on the Wii U are sub 15 GB.
    Agreed and to add I really do hope supports 3DS and Wii-U games.

Would love to play Mario Maker but im not dropping $300+$60+tax when the NX is just a few months away.

This system if rumors are true are a Nintendo Gamers wet dream IMO but we will just have to wait and see. I wish nintendo would release something already even if its just the name of the dam thing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I think that it will achieve near Neo levels of power.
    no way. the handheld will probably be a little bit stronger than the vita and the console part will be a little bit stronger than the regular xbox one

no way. the handheld will probably be a little bit stronger than the vita and the console part will be a little bit stronger than the regular xbox one
    Again where are you getting this bologna from? Because the news that Eurogamer broke today sure as hell does not mention any extra power gained from a "console part". Only that you can play the games on your TV if you wish. Major difference buddy.

What you see with the handheld's power is likely what you get. Any "console part" or "console dock" is simply there to send the image to your tv and up scale it to 1080p.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-07-26 at 04:56 PM.