Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    He started nothing. His swearing was a reaction to a child kicking his seat.

And I would really like to know what movie it is that so enraptures someone that they can't notice someone next to them kicking the seat in front of them. Did the father have some kind of impacted vision or hearing?

But if you're going to play that card would you like to address the likelihood that the man wasn't aware it was a child kicking his seat for exactly the same reasons you listed?

A felony misdemeanor for disorderly conduct. Assuming the charge sticks he'll most likely get probation or a fine. If he serves jail time it will be very short.

Actually, HAS he been charged?

Charges don't seem to have been made yet.
    Oh right, dads have super senses, how could i forget..

And that is still more then the dad got, that makes it a guy with a gun escalating a situation, and you are praising him for not shooting anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    I still think he's a crazy nut job...
    Well that's a given since he lost his cool, both men escalated the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    I can, fucking coward. It's basically the epitome of beta male behavior that, you're getting a beating you might very well deserve, only to draw on someone. That's George Zimmerman coward-logic. Hope this guy spends some time in jail.
    You find it ok to beat up 64 year old men who yelled at your child?

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Yea, luckily it was not the father who was kicking the chair, it was a child, you give children some slack. And it might be that the father did not even notice his kid was kicking the chair, so again, you do not start with cussing at random people when you are annoyed with something.

That is totally assuming the father noticed it in the first place, it is a dark theatre, you are watching a movie, and that someone else that felt he needed to act started out with escalating the situation.

Nothing you said had anything to do with what i have said really, it is just trying to deflect from this horrible person who is somehow allowed to run around with a gun.

And if you really want to take notice of something then i suggest you take notice on how the man was brought up with charges, not the father. Take notice on how the father was not brought up with charges, if this was the case, the article would have mentioned this. You can't praise someone for not shooting someone else when he was annoyed, that doesn't score points at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Might very well be, but in order for this to happen you first have to assume that the father noticed this in the first place. And that doesn't take anything away from this guy that is escalating a situation right from the start while carrying a gun. That is totally irresponsible, and that man should clearly not have a gun. And note how the father wasn't brought up on charges, so clearly the guy escalated things here.
    The "child" was 14 years old. He should know how to behave in public a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Oh right, dads have super senses, how could i forget..
    Please address the likelihood of the man not knowing it was a child kicking his seat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    The "child" was 14 years old. He should know how to behave in public a long time ago.
    Fuck. Really?

And this guy is trying to make a big deal about the man swearing at him?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You find it ok to beat up 64 year old men who yelled at your child?
    Old man was the one who started yelling at the child. Old man was the one who drew the gun (he also taunted the father after drawing the gun - it's 100% clear he's got a bad fucking attitude). Dollars to donuts, old man was the one who started the fight. He's a salty old fuck whose going to spend some time in the county jail and hopefully some time in prison as well.

Old man was the one who started yelling at the child.
    "Child" was the one kicking his seat. Father was the one ignoring the "child" kicking the seat.
    Old man was the one who drew the gun (he also taunted the father after drawing the gun - it's 100% clear he's got a bad fucking attitude).
    But we're totally going to ignore the bad attitude of the "child" and father because reasons.
    Dollars to donuts, old man was the one who started the fight. He's a salty old fuck whose going to spend some time in the county jail and hopefully some time in prison as well.
    Not likely. Probably just probation or a fine. If anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    But he is still a child, one that is going through puberty at that.

Old man was the one who started yelling at the child. Old man was the one who drew the gun (he also taunted the father after drawing the gun - it's 100% clear he's got a bad fucking attitude). Dollars to donuts, old man was the one who started the fight. He's a salty old fuck whose going to spend some time in the county jail and hopefully some time in prison as well.
    Old man only drew the gun after he was getting his ass kicked

As a father, I assure you I wouldn't have beat up a 64 year old man who verbally attacked my son, even if he pushed me, I would restrain him. You know why? I am not an insecure male who feels the need to beat up old people to prove my masculinity.

Edit - and it would be a good life lesson to my son on how to be the better man.
    I would have told my son to apologize and use the old man as an example on how not to act in public.

Deleted
    Please address the likelihood of the man not knowing it was a child kicking his seat.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck. Really?

And this guy is trying to make a big deal about the man swearing at him?
    It really doesn't matter, you should not start out with cussing in any situation, specially when you have a gun on you and should avoid altercations like this at all cost.

It really doesn't matter,
    Yes it fucking does. You were defending the father by saying he would need super senses to detect the child next to him kicking the seat in front of him. But apparently an elderly man is supposed to know the ages of those occupying the seats behind him?
    you should not start out with cussing in any situation,
    You should not kick someone's seat.

Deleted
    Yes it fucking does. You were defending the father by saying he would need super senses to detect the child next to him kicking the seat in front of him. But apparently an elderly man is supposed to know the ages of those occupying the seats behind him?

You should not kick someone's seat.
    Well, he doesn't need to know the age of who is behind him, because, regardless of who is sitting behind him he should not start out with cussing in any situation. Specially when you carry a gun and know that any fight you have might end up in a fire fight.

Well, he doesn't need to know the age of who is behind him, because, regardless of who is sitting behind him he should not start out with cussing in any situation. Specially when you carry a gun and know that any fight you have might end up in a fire fight.
    Goal posts officially moved, eh?

He started nothing. He was reacting to someone kicking his seat.

So I'm only allowed to say "Fuck you" when I'm not carrying? But anyone not carrying can say such to me? Does that mean I get to shoot them then? That would be the only balance to that equation.

Deleted
    Goal posts officially moved, eh?

He started nothing. He was reacting to someone kicking his seat.
    If he reacted normally, the most probable thing that would have happened is nothing.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    So I'm only allowed to say "Fuck you" when I'm not carrying? But anyone not carrying can say such to me? Does that mean I get to shoot them then? That would be the only balance to that equation.
    You should never say fuck you and start altercations, be a civil person. But when you are carrying a gun you should never seek to altercate a situation.
    If people can say stuff to you and it hurts your feels so much that you can't control your self then you should not be carrying a gun. This is not rocket science.

If he reacted normally, the most probable thing that would have happened is nothing.
    If the child hadn't been kicking his seat he wouldn't have to do anything. If the father had stopped the child from kicking his seat he wouldn't have to do anything. If the father had acknowledged his child was being a total dick to an elderly man and had the child stop then the exchange would have ended there (if the child complied... it is a teenager, after all...).

The abnormal behavior that started the situation was the child kicking the seat and the father allowing it.

Just because he is exercising his second amendment rights doesn't mean he loses his first amendment rights.

You should never say fuck you and start altercations, be a civil person.
    And when the altercation was already started by someone kicking your seat and allowed to continue by the responsible party not doing anything to stop it?
    But when you are carrying a gun you should never seek to altercate a situation.
    You say that as if he were wearing a "kick me" sign.
    That people can say stuff to you and it hurts your feels so much that you can't control your self then you should not be carrying a gun. This is not rocket science.
    And yet the father starting a physical altercation because an elderly man swore at his child is okay in your book?

You should never say fuck you and start altercations, be a civil person. But when you are carrying a gun you should never seek to altercate a situation.
    That people can say stuff to you and it hurts your feels so much that you can't control your self then you should not be carrying a gun. This is not rocket science.
    Again, the altercation was not begun by the speech of the old man. It was begun by the ill behaved child which was allowed by the father - whether intentionally or negligently.

I'm not affected by someone saying things to me unless it's a direct threat, but in any case I don't lose my first amendment rights just because I'm exercising my second amendment rights.