View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    people really have to stop making it worse than it actually is...
    the camera distance change is so minor, just get used to it and get over with it.

the majority didnt even know about the console command, so tell me, how can millions still play normally like always but suddenly you cant because "boohoo ma camera diztanzee!!"

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    And Blizzard is always right, how could I forget.
    I guess they are right in a way, but its not like I can threaten to do anything because I don't pay money to play this game anyway.

People who didn't even use it or were ignorant to know about the command before they removed it, just please gtfo this thread. This doesn't even concern you, at all. Why would you even vote on a poll when you didn't even know the comparison. Most of us who is bothered by it has been using it for 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    And I find a closer camera more enjoyable for art reasons. Which one of us is right? (hint: neither..it's subjective)
    Yeah, neither of us is "right", but one of us can no longer play with the camera distance we want, which means you're completely unaffected while I lost something.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    People who didn't even use it or were ignorant to know about the command before they removed it, just please gtfo this thread. This doesn't even concern you, at all.
    Report us to a mod then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I guess they are right in a way, but its not like I can threaten to do anything because I don't pay money to play this game anyway.
    Assuming you don't mean you quit, every time you buy a token Blizzard makes $20. They prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    People who didn't even use it or were ignorant to know about the command before they removed it, just please gtfo this thread. This doesn't even concern you, at all.
    So.... What this is just supposed to be a thread of the Heroic/Mythic raiders circle jerking about how they hate blizz and the camera changes are the end of the world? C'mon Guy....

Even if they manage to fix their rendering issues, it still doesn't solve the problem of enormous NPCs, the floppy, flailing animations that are all over the place, and the spell effects which get brighter, flashier, and in greater quantity in every expansion. So there will still be motion sickness, eye strain, and headaches. A $50 box and $15 a month is too much to pay for a game that gives me severe headaches, has me vomiting, meanwhile the devs are unlikely to solve their rendering issues any time soon and will probably revert the zoom nerf. I doubt working on the rending issues is even on the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    If you pay with tokens it's more money in their pockets than a 1 month sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dethavin View Post
    So.... What this is just supposed to be a thread of the Heroic/Mythic raiders circle jerking about how they hate blizz and the camera changes are the end of the world? C'mon Guy....
    Of course not. That is what the official forums are for.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Even if they manage to fix their rendering issues, it still doesn't solve the problem of enormous NPCs, the floppy, flailing animations that are all over the place, and the spell effects which get brighter, flashier, and in greater quantity in every expansion. So there will still be motion sickness, eye strain, and headaches. A $50 box and $15 a month is too much to pay for a game that gives me severe headaches, has me vomiting, meanwhile the devs are unlikely to solve their rendering issues any time soon and will probably revert the zoom nerf. I doubt working on the rending issues is even on the schedule.
    It literally sounds like you have epilepsy.... You are the only person in my 10+ years of wow I have ever heard say the game's graphics and flashing lights makes them literally vomit and makes them sick.

Deleted
    It did affect me in the first day. I still dislike how close my camera is and beeing unable to see full objects (the bosses). My brain doesn't really like that.

With that said, after new addons were out i was able to make the issue less prevelent since i reduced the number of things confusing me and back to something i was more confortable with.

The nameplates were something that really was adding to it. I still don't like them, but i really wish blizz would restore the old nameplates. The new ones make no sense. They are dark, hard to see even enlarged and hard to click (at least make a brighter outline for them). I had to get Kui nameplates to fix it, but i can't say i'm fully pleased. The first addon that lets me revent the nameplates to what it was is getting a download.

So, camera and nameplates. I don't need them to revert the camera to what it was, but i need to be able to zoom out a bit more so i can see what the hell is going on in my screen.

The place where it was worse was in Archimonde trash in LFR. 3 huge models and lots of little adds and stuff on the floor going on at the same time and i keep getting clipped by random stuff, i can't see my character, its a huge mess. Archimonde running around with fire all over the place wasn't very nice either. So, that encounter is definitly the worst so far for me.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-07-26 at 03:13 PM.

Pretty sure i'm more annoyed about the people complaining about the camera issue then the camera issue itself. You can put the camera further now then what you could do before without the Console command, wich imo is already further then what anyone should need to play this game at any level.

And if you really need to see more of the area, you could ... maybe... i gues.... move the Camera!

I know its hard but you should try it....

7+ Year Old Account
    i'm not a fan of the change but i get why they did, i think they could have gone into a middle ground but the old max distance was just WAY WAY to far, you're playing an MMORPG, not an RTS, the max zoom felt like playing warcraft 3 lol, they want you to felt immersed and see what your char is doing, the old max did not alowed that...

Quote Originally Posted by Mnesymne View Post
    Pretty sure i'm more annoyed about the people complaining about the camera issue then the camera issue itself. You can put the camera further now then what you could do before without the Console command, wich imo is already further then what anyone should need to play this game at any level.

And if you really need to see more of the area, you could ... maybe... i gues.... move the Camera!

I know its hard but you should try it....
    If anyone needs more than that to play efficiently and do good in raids/pvp then it is the player so so much.

Yeah, the positives are "people who can't google are no longer at a disadvantage"(even though people are even saying it's not a disadvantage or the increased camera zoom is the disadvantage) and "muh artistic vision of shoving 2323532526 spell effects and pets into melees' faces"
    So you agree that there is another side to this argument that you are simply dismissing because it is convenient to your stance. I am glad to see you can understand both sides.

The reduction of the max zoom annoys me greatly, and I frankly do not understand their reason for changing it. (I've read the blue post, but it doesn't justify the change, at least imo). However, I still enjoy playing WoW with my guild, so as long it survives and we still raid mythic I will be playing Legion.

P.S. Im personally hoping some modder or something can find a way around the max zoom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    people really have to stop making it worse than it actually is...
    the camera distance change is so minor, just get used to it and get over with it.

the majority didnt even know about the console command, so tell me, how can millions still play normally like always but suddenly you cant because "boohoo ma camera diztanzee!!"
    Let me guess... you play mage? Ranged should get out of the argument. This is a melee issue. You were always able to see everything regardless. Get in the face of that Archimonde trash and tell me its all fine.

Here i got a sugestion: further zoom in options for melee only!

Quote Originally Posted by dethavin View Post
    Its not even a raiders only issue. Like i said i first used the script when i joined wow in 2007 i can still remember the convo i had with a friend i was in Eversong Forest, the max distance already bothered me even before i hit level 10 on my very first toon. I had friends bothered by it too even before they get into raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'll be using the action cam when leveling/out in the world regardless.
    Do not do it, it is a trap, too many time using the action cam, and you will end asking for the removal of cooldowns, a further pruning, and hooked to transmogs XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That's a silly easily disproven argument. You can simply zoom in. We can no longer zoom out.

@Tradu: The preferred solution by most people using the old console command is to allow the default UI to extend to the full zoom distance. Completely agree that hiding stuff behind google searches and console commands is a problem.
    Yet objectively in a raiding environment a camera zoom further out provides a competitive advantage. This isn't to say it's a big one, but it is and we play a game where every tiny advantage must be used. So I am forced to give up my enjoyment of a closer zoom to stay competitive. There are always two sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, neither of us is "right", but one of us can no longer play with the camera distance we want, which means you're completely unaffected while I lost something.
    Well Now I can play with the camera distance i want while also enjoying the art more. I am not forced by your side to play at an un-enjoyable camera distance to eek every advantage of the max camera.