Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    And when the altercation was already started by someone kicking your seat and allowed to continue by the responsible party not doing anything to stop it?

You say that as if he were wearing a "kick me" sign.

And yet the father starting a physical altercation because an elderly man swore at his child is okay in your book?
    That doesn't make one single bit of difference, you should not altercate the situation. He could have notified the usher, but he did not, he started cussing and taunting someone while carrying a gun.

You can handle almost every situation without altercation it, this guy choose to altercate it.

The father did not start anything, otherwise he would have been under investigation too. So it is much more likely at this point that the guy with the gun started the physical bit too.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Ah, his first internetforumwhinyangstyfish. Dad must be proud.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Again, the altercation was not begun by the speech of the old man. It was begun by the ill behaved child which was allowed by the father - whether intentionally or negligently.

I'm not affected by someone saying things to me unless it's a direct threat, but in any case I don't lose my first amendment rights just because I'm exercising my second amendment rights.
    So you as an adult are not above such a child?? I would think that you would be above something like this.

Bla bla bla meh guns bla bla, if you can't be civil you should not own guns.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Street fight? Dude was getting in a fight in the fucking movie theater. This isn't the streets of Harlem where he's having to defend his life from murderers and rapists. He started some shit with someone else's kid and got a righteous beating, and now he's going to jail for drawing a gun because his pride not being the bigger man.
    Son I can tell you have no Goddamn clue as too what you are talking about. Righteous beating? LMAO .... You should be well aware that even a single punch to the head can cause brain damage or even kill. People have got to stop watching movies and TV and think that Hollywood fights are like the real thing. I have trained for many years , been a bouncer for a few years and been in too many fights. THis is what was wrong with many peoples thinking about Trayvon Marten.

Talk to any self defense instructor or trainer and they will all tell you, that if you are getting hit your life is in danger
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    That doesn't make one single bit of difference, you should not altercate the situation. He could have notified the usher, but he did not, he started cussing and taunting someone while carrying a gun.
    I like how the act of carrying a gun makes it so no one around you is responsible for their actions.
    The father did not start anything, otherwise he would have been under investigation too. So it is much more likely at this point that the guy with the gun started the physical bit too.
    Heh, I like how you're now not saying the man has been charged. Another goal post officially moved.

And what if the man isn't charged with anything? I mean, investigations do occasionally turn up with the decision not punish anyone. Does that absolve the man of any wrongdoing in your eyes if the police don't charge him?

You can handle almost every situation without altercation it, this guy choose to altercate it.

We have no evidence of him starting the "physical bit." If he did start this, then he should be charged accordingly. If he is found guilty of a felony (or one of many misdemeanors according to IL and federal law) then his conceal carry permit should be revoked and his firearms confiscated. Until this happens he can be just as big an asshole as anyone else whether or not he is carrying. I'm not condoning anyone armed going about and causing problems, but being armed doesn't reduce your rights to something less than others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Son I can tell you have no Goddamn clue as too what you are talking about. Righteous beating? LMAO .... You should be well aware that even a single punch to the head can cause brain damage or even kill. People have got to stop watching movies and TV and think that Hollywood fights are like the real thing. I have trained for many years , been a bouncer for a few years and been in too many fights. THis is what was wrong with many peoples thinking about Trayvon Marten.

Talk to any self defense instructor or trainer and they will all tell you, that if you are getting hit your life is in danger
    No shit. In my town, while some guys was standing in line, Guy B was making fun of this Guy A's sister. So guy A gets angry and Punches guy B, guy B goes down, hits head on curb and dies. Guy A is now in prison, but at least guy A defended his sisters honor and guy B earned that righteous beating, am I right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well duh, of course they tell you that. Their whole marketing strategy is based on fear.

It is easy to tell that so many young people on here rarely get out and interact with the public face to face. Or that they get out into the real world in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Well duh, of course they tell you that. Their whole marketing strategy is based on fear.
    The actual fuck???? So now self defense training is marketing fear? YOu think that getting punched in the head and face is all good and fine, that serious injury or death can not happen from it? Son you need to join the real world, cause your gonna have a bad time.
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2016-07-26 at 03:38 PM.

So you as an adult are not above such a child?? I would think that you would be above something like this.

Bla bla bla meh guns bla bla, if you can't be civil you should not own guns.
    So only unarmed liberals are allowed to be assholes? Or does it just come naturally?

Deleted
    I like how the act of carrying a gun makes it so no one around you is responsible for their actions.

Heh, I like how you're now not saying the man has been charged. Another goal post officially moved.

And what if the man isn't charged with anything? I mean, investigations do occasionally turn up with the decision not punish anyone.
    You like to turn it around, but when you are carrying a gun you should be responsible for your actions. It really does not matter what other people do, you are the one with a gun, you should act responsibly.

You keep acting about goal posts moved, but they are only in your head. There was nothing there about the father being charged or investigated, but the man was. So, as it is now, it was the man with the gun escalating things.

- - - Updated - - -

So only unarmed liberals are allowed to be assholes? Or does it just come naturally?
    You mean people to the right are assholes, because you know liberals are right wing...

But anyway, if you have a gun, you should act responsible.
    Last edited by mmoc4a3002ee3c; 2016-07-26 at 03:40 PM.

You like to turn it around, but when you are carrying a gun you should be responsible for your actions. It really does not matter what other people do, you are the one with a gun, you should act responsively.

You keep acting about goal posts moved, but they are only in your head. There was nothing there about the father being charged or investigated, but the man was. So, as it is now, it was the man with the gun escalating things.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean people to the right are assholes, because you know liberals are right wing...

IF the father was the first one to get physical, and the 64 year old was being beat on, then pulling his weapon was acting responsibly.

Deleted
    IF the father was the first one to get physical, and the 64 year old was being beat on, then pulling his weapon was acting responsibly.
    That is a big IF considering that the father is not being investigated. And even then, the guy with the gun should have just gone to the father in a civil way, if that didn't work there is always the usher. There was no need for this what so ever.

You like to turn it around, but when you are carrying a gun you should be responsible for your actions. It really does not matter what other people do, you are the one with a gun, you should act responsively.
    And no one else is responsible for their actions? The father is not responsible for his child acting up or for not stopping the child when the child's behavior was brought up by someone else?

I was under the impression everyone should act responsibly, even a man taking his child teenager out in public.
    [You keep acting about goal posts moved, but they are only in your head. There was nothing there about the father being charged or investigated, but the man was. So, as it is now, it was the man with the gun escalating things.
    Apparently you are not familiar with the term, or just plain have poor reading comprehension. In the post you quoted I was pointing out that earlier you were stating the elderly man was charged and using that as proof of no wrongdoing on the father's part. I pointed out a while back that there's no word of any actual charges being made, and while you ignored it at the time you are now stressing that the elderly man being investigated as proof of no wrongdoing on the father's part.

That is a goal post move.

Plus you didn't answer the question.

Everyone, everywhere, at all times should act responsible. It took poor behavior from 3 parties in this case to escalate things to point of a firearm being involved.

In general the majority of those that carry firearms legally will act much more responsible than the normal. They are already exercising personal responsibility by accepting the responsibility of defending themselves.

My point is that legally nor morally someone carrying should not be held to a different standard than everyone else.

That is a big IF considering that the father is not being investigated. And even then, the guy with the gun should have just gone to the father in a civil way, if that didn't work there is always the usher. There was no need for this what so ever.
    There was no need for the teenager to be kicking his seat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    No, football with all the head injuries.
    You mean handegg with crash helmets

Deleted
    And no one else is responsible for their actions? The father is not responsible for his child acting up or for not stopping the child when the child's behavior was brought up by someone else?

I was under the impression everyone should act responsibly, even a man taking his child teenager out in public.

Apparently you are not familiar with the term, or just plain have poor reading comprehension. In the post you quoted I was pointing out that earlier you were stating the elderly man was charged and using that as proof of no wrongdoing on the father's part. I pointed out a while back that there's no word of any actual charges being made, and while you ignored it at the time you are now stressing that the elderly man being investigated as proof of no wrongdoing on the father's part.

That is a goal post move.

Plus you didn't answer the question.
    It really doesn't matter if he was charged or investigated, he is the one that is blamed for this by the police. You can keep nit picking all you want, but its a fact that the father went free.

Everyone is responsible for their actions, but we should hold higher standards to people who are allowed to run around with guns then the standards we apply to 14 year olds. And this is something you keep ignoring.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no need for the teenager to be kicking his seat.
    Aaaw out off arguments?? xD

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone, everywhere, at all times should act responsible. It took poor behavior from 3 parties in this case to escalate things to point of a firearm being involved.

In general the majority of those that carry firearms legally will act much more responsible than the normal. They are already exercising personal responsibility by accepting the responsibility of defending themselves.

My point is that legally nor morally someone carrying should not be held to a different standard than everyone else.
    Yet there was one guy who could have avoided this all by being responsible. This guy should be acting responsible, because he was allowed to have a gun on him.
    This guy was not acting responsible in any way, the only responsible thing to do was going to the usher if you really are unable to be civil.

Its so obvious to tell the people who have never been in a real fight or actually hit in the head/face.
    If the 64 year old just pulled his weapon during a verbal exchange that would be one thing. But during the verbal exchange the father physically attacked him and started beating on him, then that is self defense. HE used a force multiplier tool to end the threat and he did it with out having to fire a a shot. Lesson learned for the father, Control your kid, dont start physical fights with older people or any one , cause your slap happy ass could end up dead.

Deleted
    Its so obvious to tell the people who have never been in a real fight or actually hit in the head/face.
    If the 64 year old just pulled his weapon during a verbal exchange that would be one thing. But during the verbal exchange the father physically attacked him and started beating on him, then that is self defense. HE used a force multiplier tool to end the threat and he did it with out having to fire a a shot. Lesson learned for the father, Control your kid, dont start physical fights with older people or any one , cause your slap happy ass could end up dead.
    All evidence points to the man with the gun starting the physical altercation too. He is the one being investigated.