Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[LEGION] UNHOLY Death Knight Guide

Here's the Unholy Death Knight guide, feel free to check it out! I hope this guide helps you.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice video, pretty much sums up most guides I've been looking at out there. (Icy Veins, WoWhead, etc.)

One note though, I'm sure this has been mentioned or discussed in other threads, i just don't want to dig through them. I tested "All Will Serve" in LFR raids today, and on fights with lots of adds (pretty much every single fight in HFC?) he does actually perform really well. He has an ability called Arrow Spray, that does a lot of damage in a big AoE.

Now I'm not entirely sure on its ability cooldowns, but i think it's worth a mention. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

In some fights the skulker was my second highest damage done.

Edit: Also, i felt like Infected Claws provided a more fluent "rotation", but I can't tell if the damage was better or worse. I'd have to sim this to provide better data.
    Last edited by Relidar; 2016-07-24 at 11:56 PM.

With the current set bonus getting more Dark Transformation per encounter is pretty strong, in addition to the normal strength of shadow infusion.

Deleted
    thanks for the simple guide, really easy to understand most guides tend to be overwhelming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    thanks for the simple guide, really easy to understand most guides tend to be overwhelming
    You're welcome, that's great to hear. I'll be making more, the next one will be the Blood Death Knight guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Peroxcyde View Post
    You're welcome, that's great to hear. I'll be making more, the next one will be the Blood Death Knight guide.
    Nice guide mate. I look forward to your blood guide, I can play unholy and frost quite well but for some reason cant get my head around blood.

First off the video is really clean well made and easy to follow, really nice work!

Some notes though
    -Epidemic generating runic power without hitting anything will get fixed, just like how Frostscythe used to do the same and was fixed.
    -Take it to the sims to decide, but I highly doubt that (if this was single target) Pestilent Pustules will lose to Blighted Rune Weapon. As I explained math-wise in a different forum, it saves you a total of two FS and gains 2 CS uses, however loses any room to use anything utility wise. The difference is very small, which is why I am saying sim it out and don't backlash at me for pointing this out. Almost any fight we do we perform some sort of action that fills a global, AMS, DG, WW, ect. So having a rotation where everything falls apart (in that minute) because you had to use one of such abilities, that's not good.
    -If the fight is 1 minute, and you pop a DT right as it starts (at 0), 5~ DC's will get your ghoul transformed again and with that the buff on you again, you should likely be able to use this.
    -Using Epidemic before you cleave with DnD/CS is likely better, you're not charging up any extra charges unless you use it first. Epidemicx3 then you cleave, you will have 2-3 charges built up by the time you have finished cleaving with DnD.
    -And it would be good to add in a footnote on the video that Haste also reduces the GCD, which is a huge part of it's strength

Nice seeing you still around Peroxcyde. As always a very well done video and guide. Can't wait for the Blood DK one.

Offtopic: Where are you raiding in Legion? Let's run some mythic+ in the future! ;-)

Deleted
    i didnt use all the talents you suggested but the only one i didnt go with was the shield spell i went with spell eater cos AMS generates runic power i think

In the video you talk about your WA and macros,, but I don't see any description or where they are,, could you post them as either I'm not understanding or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methosmv View Post
    In the video you talk about your WA and macros,, but I don't see any description or where they are,, could you post them as either I'm not understanding or something.
    He posted them here : http : // www (dot) mmo-champion (dot) com/threads/1997340-LEGION-Unholy-DK-Weak-Auras?p=41532412&viewfull=1#post41532412

Sorry for the spaces et replace the (dot)s, not enough posts to write an URL

Deleted
    Is weaving death coils in when not close to runic cap & you have runes available to proc runic corruption worth it ? And do you hold off on DC if you have the buff active for a chance to proc again? Or does runic corruption stack somehow?
    Last edited by mmocd03f5217c0; 2016-07-26 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keliptic View Post
    Is weaving death coils in when not close to runic cap & you have runes available to proc runic corruption worth it ? And do you hold off on DC if you have the buff active for a chance to proc again? Or does runic corruption stack somehow?
    Runic Corruption works as it always has, if you get another proc it will extend itself. If you DC back to back you could get 6+ seconds of RC (though it's unlikely)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    -Using Epidemic before you cleave with DnD/CS is likely better, you're not charging up any extra charges unless you use it first. Epidemicx3 then you cleave, you will have 2-3 charges built up by the time you have finished cleaving with DnD.
    The AoE rotation is something I've been fairly curious about myself, in terms of what has priority over what. DnD before Epidemic? Epidemic first? Just use one charge first to put it on cd? Spam Epidemic then make sure you have full runes before the DnD for maximum SS/CS during the DnD window? Sims will tell in time, but it's interesting to think about.

On a similar note, how many targets before we ignore wounds when AoEing (without Bursting Sores) in DnD?
    Last edited by Julian5; 2016-07-26 at 11:57 AM.

Somewhat tangent to overall unholy talk question about corpse shield -- what happens with overkill damage on your ghoul ? Does it bleed through to you anyway or disappears completely ?

Quote Originally Posted by Julian5 View Post
    The AoE rotation is something I've been fairly curious about myself, in terms of what has priority over what. DnD before Epidemic? Epidemic first? Just use one charge first to put it on cd? Spam Epidemic then make sure you have full runes before the DnD for maximum SS/CS during the DnD window? Sims will tell in time, but it's interesting to think about.

On a similar note, how many targets before we ignore wounds when AoEing (without Bursting Sores) in DnD?
    Yeah it's defiantly something that is up to sims. Though from my raid last week I would say Epidemic (after some magic number threshold) wins out and should be used first. On a fight like Kormrok where you have ~20 targets, it can do upwards of 30% of your damage, so doing it before CS cleave makes sense. But if there's less, it might not do as well.

On this AoE thing I was using the Icy Veins prio of DnD Cleave before Epidemic and was beating the other Unholy DK I raid with consistently on AoE (anecdotal yes I know, but that's what we are sharing right now). I think truth be told though it's going to depend on how long we get to AoE for, if the adds are only up for 10 seconds then DnD Cleave will win out, for something more sustained then maximising Epidemic use is going to be more important.

It's likely too that burst Epidemic will win as well, so it all comes down to that magic ~10s number where things might come out in favor of DND cleave. I only say that because Epidemic requires 1 less GCD to set up, which brings its burst potential a lot higher for short lived adds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cRawmode View Post
    Nice seeing you still around Peroxcyde. As always a very well done video and guide. Can't wait for the Blood DK one.

Offtopic: Where are you raiding in Legion? Let's run some mythic+ in the future! ;-)
    Nice to see you too! Thanks bud.

I'm raiding in eXample. Sounds good, we sure can do that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Methosmv View Post
    You need to click on the ''Show more'' option under the video and look through there. To make it easy for you here's the link - http://pastebin.com/0PTzCU2f

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    First off the video is really clean well made and easy to follow, really nice work!

Some notes though
    -Epidemic generating runic power without hitting anything will get fixed, just like how Frostscythe used to do the same and was fixed.
    -Take it to the sims to decide, but I highly doubt that (if this was single target) Pestilent Pustules will lose to Blighted Rune Weapon. As I explained math-wise in a different forum, it saves you a total of two FS and gains 2 CS uses, however loses any room to use anything utility wise. The difference is very small, which is why I am saying sim it out and don't backlash at me for pointing this out. Almost any fight we do we perform some sort of action that fills a global, AMS, DG, WW, ect. So having a rotation where everything falls apart (in that minute) because you had to use one of such abilities, that's not good.
    -If the fight is 1 minute, and you pop a DT right as it starts (at 0), 5~ DC's will get your ghoul transformed again and with that the buff on you again, you should likely be able to use this.
    -And it would be good to add in a footnote on the video that Haste also reduces the GCD, which is a huge part of it's strength
    Thanks for your input Maxweii!

You have really made some great notes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jagorath View Post
    Somewhat tangent to overall unholy talk question about corpse shield -- what happens with overkill damage on your ghoul ? Does it bleed through to you anyway or disappears completely ?
    It really shouldn't be that hard to understand. So you're taking 1 really big hit and let's say your Ghoul has 200k HP you take 400k damage. Which would mean 90% of the 400k is 360k which would result into your Ghoul dying and you taking the rest of the damage which is in this case 160k. The cool thing about this is that you can use more defensive abilities at the same time. You can use your own Icebound Fortitude / Anti-Magic Shell and also ofc. the macro with your pet that has it which reduces the damage that your pet takes by 50%. (If you're playing with Sludge Belcher when you use the ability for the damage reduction you don't lose any DPS on your pet - I thought this was a big thing to point out). I hope this helped you out!

Deleted
    Hello there,

Thanks for the guide! I just rerolled to UH DK this expac and this guide was really useful! Thank u!

One question, is the artifact skill (apocalypse) totally worthless? Didnt see nor hear anything about it at all in the video