View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Let me guess... you play mage? Ranged should get out of the argument. This is a melee issue. You were always able to see everything regardless. Get in the face of that Archimonde trash and tell me its all fine.

Here i got a sugestion: further zoom in options for melee only!
    i also play a warrior and still see no issue.
    same with my dk and rogue.

but hey, apparently i have only 1 character

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    In all honesty I like it when I feel like Blizzard is making changing to the game to steer it in a clear direction rather than just kissing the ass of the playerbase. I like it when they do shit I don't like and I know they know well that no player likes because their vision is different from what the current state is. For that reason I don't want to see them back out of max camera distance changes. I want to see Blizzard make the game they want and then I'll decide whether or not it's worth paying for.
    This is great n all until you see them caving on nearly every other thing and it just loses all meaning.
    @Kretan have you seen the art when you zoom in? Once again the gigantic boss models are NOT good resolution when you zoom in. They are NOT made to be viewed that close. The giant ogron in BRF & in legion krosus both share this issue - proving it's not even about 'new' legion stuff.

As mentioned if you are in melee on archimonde trash you physically cannot see past them, or around them properly. How is this better? You might as well have gigantic squares for the models if we can't even really see them in combat (that is half~ of a raid group - on in context half of the raiding population)
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-07-26 at 03:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because as they said, the game experience wasn't designed around numbers above the default UI slider.
    But people don't like that excuse, so they conveniently ignore it.
    Not liking an answer is one thing, but dismissing it without providing any other argument other than it being "bad" is not fine.
    You have been able to do the console command for 12 years. A change like this has no logical reason because it has been in the game for once again 12 years.

If they said something about performance with legion it would be more believable.

ill get use to it and it being removed isn't a big deal to me. Doesn't change the fact its annoying as fuck and there excuse is bullshit. They said it was removed due to giving people a unfair advantage over others.. Well so does addon's and a small percent of the player base use's those.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    It is if you are a melee or tank. Can't see anything but poorly rendered boss legs.
    But that's not any different from the previous.
    In many (majority) encounters there are ceilings and walls that limit your camera positioning anyhow.
    As a tank your head is always up the bosses arse, don't see how this is any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This is great n all until you see them caving on nearly every other thing and it just loses all meaning.
    @Kretan have you seen the art when you zoom in? Once again the gigantic boss models are NOT good resolution when you zoom in. They are NOT made to be viewed that close. The giant ogron in BRF & in legion krosus both share this issue - proving it's not even about 'new' legion stuff.
    I actually play this game in 3D with a 3D monitor (WoW in 3D is absolutely gorgeous), so I would wager that I have paid more attention to the details of the art than most here actually. There is SO much more to this game than the bosses foot everyone keeps complaining about. The environment has detail that is all but invisible unless you are zoomed in more. Heck there are art details that are invisible to the 99.9% of the players who play in standard 2D and not stereoscopic 3D. If you thought Ulduar looked good before, you should see the level of mind blowing detail that is really there in 3D. Even the world outside of instances has a lot of subtle detail which becomes so much more relevant with world quests. Regardless, the world loses so much of this detail when you zoom way the hell out in favor of a mechanical advantage.

Do you actually play on full ultra in raids? I do, and I don't really find any issues with the resolution of the models....I mean it isn't a 200+ visual mod skyrim level of detail (it's wow after all), but the resolution is good for the art style they follow.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    But that's not any different from the previous.
    In many (majority) encounters there are ceilings and walls that limit your camera positioning anyhow.
    As a tank your head is always up the bosses arse, don't see how this is any different.
    If you can't see the difference then you didn't play with the command. Sorry but the difference between now and then is night and day.

Like I said before it annoys me but its whatever. But to say there is no difference is a lie.

The difference is looking at X from 1 foot away and looking at X from 10 feet away.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    All you prove with shit like this is that you had no idea that you could use a Console command BEFORE the patch to move the camera out to WAY further than the max that new slider provides now.

I am not a fan of the hyperbole being thrown around myself but I do miss the max distance I used to have from the console command. Jesus, someone even went to the effort of posting a direct comparison of actual screen footprints, something you clearly missed or wilfully ignored. Try to actually read the thread or do some research on a topic before you spout insults.
    Doesn't prove that at all. Asking me to read a thread when you cant even read one post. As some one who CAN read, I know that you can move the camera further away than what some people are saying. They are saying that it is right up at face level. Comprehension is hard for a 6 year old where I am from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Honestly, I don't get all this bitching around camera distance. Many people started to complain they get epilepsy with this camera distance, but what is the difference? 10px vs 15px models on your screen? Camera didn't move so close like when you play FPS, you can still put in on the moderate distance. Really, I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Honestly, I don't get all this bitching around camera distance. Many people started to complain they get epilepsy with this camera distance, but what is the difference? 10px vs 15px models on your screen? Camera didn't move so close like when you play FPS, you can still put in on the moderate distance. Really, I don't get it.
    People are viciously very vocal when they disagree about something, and the internet gives them the megaphone to yell it. Combine the internet with passion for something and you get topics like this and vanilla servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you can't see the difference then you didn't play with the command. Sorry but the difference between now and then is night and day.
    But I did. And it was good. Whenever encounter design allowed it. Many encounters didn't though, you'd have low ceiling, a wall or something else in your way, forcing your camera closer.

Nice to know I can come back to these forums after months or years and still see people claim the sky is falling over something less than trivial. If you can't play with this current max distance on live you should just quit anyway because you're a terrible player.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Doesn't prove that at all. Asking me to read a thread when you cant even read one post. As some one who CAN read, I know that you can move the camera further away than what some people are saying. They are saying that it is right up at face level. Comprehension is hard for a 6 year old where I am from.
    It was an exaggeration, because they are comparing default UI options zoom to console zoom. And yet you went ahead with your tutorial on how to move the camera slider LOL making you look clueless about the topic. No...shhhhhhhhhhhh...*puts finger on your lips and whispers* just leave buddy, you're done.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-07-26 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    LOL for someone who knows how to read you dont even have the slightest clue about what people are talking about on this thread
    Lol. You can't even comprehend one post and YOU'RE asking me if I understand an entire thread? I understand it alright. There are some people who are having a cry because they can't move the camera back as far as before. There are also people you are just flying off the handle without even looking for a solution that is sitting right in the interface camera options. They are jumping onto unofficial forums and having a bitch about something that they would easily solve if they would just calm down and READ. There are others who think the camera thing is a non issue and think people are over reacting. The OP has demonstrated that he is part of the second group. You have demonstrated that all you are doing is finding posts to argue with.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    But I did. And it was good. Whenever encounter design allowed it. Many encounters didn't though, you'd have low ceiling, a wall or something else in your way, forcing your camera closer.
    What encounters? I never had to zoom my camera as close as it is now (and yes my settings in options is maxed).

At most I may have had to angle my camera a different way but it was still at a much far distance.

I like seeing the fights and when fighting archy I don't see the fight...I see his legs. Maybe Legion addresses this but I find that annoying.

But like I said to say there is no difference is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    It was an exaggeration, because they are comparing new zoom to console zoom. And yet you went ahead with your tutorial on how to move the camera slider LOL making you look clueless about the topic. No...shhhhhhhhhhhh...*puts finger on your lips and whispers* just leave buddy, you're done.
    So you admit that it was an exaggeration and that there isn't a problem at all? I agree with you OP is full of shit and doesn't know what he is talking about. Thank you for clearing that up.
    why so mad bro

Lol. You can't even comprehend one post and YOU'RE asking me if I understand an entire thread? I understand it alright. There are some people who are having a cry because they can't move the camera back as far as before. There are also people you are just flying off the handle without even looking for a solution that is sitting right in the interface camera options. They are jumping onto unofficial forums and having a bitch about something that they would easily solve if they would just calm down and READ. There are others who think the camera thing is a non issue and think people are over reacting. The OP has demonstrated that he is part of the second group. You have demonstrated that all you are doing is finding posts to argue with.
    The bolded shows you don't know what the problem and this thread is about...

People are saying even with that maxed out its still to dam close.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was really annoyed when I first logged in and the settings were changed. I honestly had no idea I could go into the settings and zoom out more, so for about a week I was playing totally zoomed in. It sucked and yes it absolutely gave me a headache. Now that I can zoom back out some I’m okay with it. It’s still not enough for raiding, even in LFR I’m getting frustrated, I can’t imagine how raiders will deal with this. Hopefully there will be an addon that can give them a better distance view.

Deleted
    Looks like everyone is having different problems.
    While max camera distance reduction dont bother me much, I am thinking of quiting over dwarf running animation with new animation got forced on everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The bolded shows you don't know what the problem and this thread is about...

People are saying even with that maxed out its still to dam close.
    Thank you for bolding some of my post. I think it is probably the most important part and having someone else quote and bold it makes it really stand out. I think you will find that what I bolded in your post is the same as what I said just before the stuff you bolded. If English is not your first language I can try putting the post into google translate for you to try and making it more clear.
    why so mad bro

Thank you for bolding some of my post. I think it is probably the most important part and having someone else quote and bold it makes it really stand out. I think you will find that what I bolded in your post is the same as what I said just before the stuff you bolded. If English is not your first language I can try putting the post into google translate for you to try and making it more clear.
    You see that..... nope I guess its because it went over your head.

You came into the thread ranting about X when it had nothing to do with X and is about Y. Sorry you look foolish but that is no one else fault about your own.