Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    In previous expansions, doing things like this would actually benefit you because you could get ahead of the crowd and into zones they couldn't get to yet. However in Legion, everyone can go everywhere. So there really is zero benefit from doing this other than getting to 110 a few minutes ahead of the others. Which still means jack all because you can't do heroic/mythic content by yourself.

It's on average 15 hours to level to 110 by mediocre levelers I know in beta. 15 hours. For people who can level quick, that will drop to around 10. What's the point of trying to rush that even more? I plan to have 3 toons to 110 (for profs) by day 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post

World quests = content. It doesn't die out. Plus it means you get to do all the new zones at max level sooner meaning better gear.

- - - Updated - - -

They will drop max level gear with this method.
    You seem to be misinformed in some ways. The drops scale to your level, yes. But the ilvl of the drops still remains. All zones other than suramar cap at set ilvls. Suramar can't be done until the other 4 zones are and that is where the higher end gear drops. World quests, if I've heard correctly, drop comparable gear to suramar. So if you are saying you plan to hit 110 and do the first areas to get better gear, you will fall behind those that did the zones leveling and got to suramar.

All questing gear is replaced after a few hours of dungeons at max lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Here you go.... everyone is having a cry about this so it will probably get nerfed.

Personally I don't see a problem with it, at the end of the day you have to do all the zones to unlock world quests anyway. Also there is no world first achievements any more so whats the point really. People should be able to level how they want and if that means doing 5 levels before even getting your artifact then go for it

Ya too bad this will be impossible to do for people who actually played the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    All questing gear is replaced after a few hours of dungeons at max lvl.
    Well even more reason to level faster.

Yeah, the 30 minute advantage is crucial for the gear you will wear when raids open 22 days later.

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing I want to really test is.. because quests scale and so do relics and everything.. because if you skip 5 levels of content, you have "5 levels worth of" 110 content now, which would mean that you have way more chances at higher lvl relics and ilvl gear procs.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Deleted
    As always, there are many ways to increase your leveling speed. Stacking quests, if done correctly can be a small boost, but it's really gonna be minor.

As someone who has made numerous attempts at Server First achievements for leveling, I can tell you that stacking current quests is never worth it. You'll feel a surge of XP sure, but that precious time you've spent handing them in, flying around to hand in the rest, and then traveling to the new zone(s), has cost you more than you've gained.

The very best methods tend to be secrets and exploits. If you're looking for a fast way to level;

1) Play through the zones yourself, and note any quests that are particularly difficult and not worth doing.
    2) Have more than enough consumables. Potions, Flasks & Food can shave off a good hour or two over the whole leveling process.
    3) Install addons that handle the accepting & handing in of quests.
    4) Have notes next to you, or on another monitor, to remind you about specifics regarding some of the more annoying quests, and any hints you've picked up along the way.

Speed running is about being efficient, and handing in old quests has never (in my experience, and several attempts) been the most efficient manner to level up fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the 30 minute advantage is crucial for the gear you will wear when raids open 22 days later.
    That's not the point at all.

For some the race is one of the most exciting parts of a new expansion, I know it is for me. Then there are those hardcore raiders who need ~8 characters ready to raid, and so shaving off a couple of hours worth of work per character, really adds up.

And then there are those (also like myself) who just hate leveling overall. It's about the end-game PvE for me, not leveling. I want to get into Dungeons, Raids and much more with the best possible chances, and that means being the best geared, and that means the sooner I hit 110, the sooner I can get my hands on gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    The thing I want to really test is.. because quests scale and so do relics and everything.. because if you skip 5 levels of content, you have "5 levels worth of" 110 content now, which would mean that you have way more chances at higher lvl relics and ilvl gear procs.
    Which are going to get replaced in a few hours of dungeon spam.

BTW your video should mention it only "works" for characters that did not quest in WoD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which are going to get replaced in a few hours of dungeon spam.

BTW your video should mention it only "works" for characters that did not quest in WoD.
    I do. So even more reason to rush to 110 then haha.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

No, normal quests (not world quests) cap at 779 / 789 / 799 (if came with epic upgrade) at lvl 110, isnot worth do do them later becouse spend time in any another thing in 110 rewards better gear

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Good to know if one wants to hit level cap faster or just be ahead of the mob. Still gotta go back for a number of important quests unfortunately. I miss the days of being able to skip zones with no regret while doing dungeons as a healer or tank.
    And what is the point? Since you can level in any zone - all zones will be crowded equally. And what if you hit 110 first? There is no one you can dungeon que with. Well, Suramar will be empty, so you will be able to do some objectives there alone, though, this wont help much, since a lot of the content is gated.

I am the one who will rush to 110 - gonna do it in my first day in Legion, but I plan to do it normal way - with friends thought Legion zones and quests, not that stupid shit, like exploits or old quest collecting.

From my experience in Beta questing in Legion is quite fast and enjoyable. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    That's not the point at all.

For some the race is one of the most exciting parts of a new expansion, I know it is for me.
    After the achis were removed there are probably all three of you left

Then there are those hardcore raiders who need ~8 characters ready to raid, and so shaving off a couple of hours worth of work per character, really adds up.
    First, there are no guilds requiring 8 chars, second, it is not a couple hours per char, it is about 30 minutes, third, it still is irrelevant in the process of gearing for raids, since it is gated behind weekly resets.

I want to get into Dungeons, Raids and much more with the best possible chances, and that means being the best geared, and that means the sooner I hit 110, the sooner I can get my hands on gear.
    Again, your 30 minute advantage is completely irrelevant to this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I do. So even more reason to rush to 110 then haha.
    You don't.

Mobs scale in Legion to your level, nice try. Laugh harder.

- - - Updated - - -
    Do the mobs scale with your ilvl too? Nope, they don't - have fun in your level 100 gear killing 110 mobs...that was his point, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Suramar can't be done until the other 4 zones are
    Wrong. You get the starting quest to Suramar right after you hit 110, though there is not much to do. Your actual aim is to get Honored with major Legion factions to unlock World Quests, which can reward you with up to 835 ilvl gear - at least from my experience on Beta.

Yes. Lets burn out the first day and then complain like fuck that there is nothing to do later on.

Mobs scale in Legion to your level, nice try. Laugh harder.

- - - Updated - - -

So why are you in this thread? Clearly it's not aimed at you.

- - - Updated - - -

World quests = content. It doesn't die out. Plus it means you get to do all the new zones at max level sooner meaning better gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Mobs scale to your level not ilvl. So you'll be in level 100 gear trying to kill 105+ mobs. Have fun with that. Also - zones have ilvl caps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

After the achis were removed there are probably all three of you left
    Myself and a few of my friends all like to rush for Server First. Just because the achievement is gone (sadly), doesn't take away from the race and excitement.

First, there are no guilds requiring 8 chars
    Some top end guilds require you to have multiple, if not all classes, available in the event a specific boss is only doable in the first few weeks with class stacking. Include the fact that some people like to have multiple characters as well, you soon find yourself in some guilds (not most though) needing to level and gear about 5 - 8 characters. Maybe you don't see it, or need to do it, but it does happen.

second, it is not a couple hours per char, it is about 30 minutes,
    It is a couple of hours. My first attempt (on the Beta) for Mists of Pandaria leveling, compared to my Third, there was a dramatic difference in the speed. If you're leveling multiple characters, even just ~3 for the first week of raiding, you could easily shave off ~3 hours in total time for all characters with a good speed run strategy.

third, it still is irrelevant in the process of gearing for raids, since it is gated behind weekly resets.
    Except, it's not. Gathering Materials, running Dungeons for Sockets, Tertiary Stats and Warforged (or whatever it's called now) is all more effective if you're at Level 110 faster. That extra few dungeons you can run sooner before the raid, can add a lot of impact.

Again, your 30 minute advantage is completely irrelevant to this point.
    Again; It's not 30 minutes, and your point is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Myself and a few of my friends all like to rush for Server First. Just because the achievement is gone (sadly), doesn't take away from the race and excitement.
    Yeah, some people enjoy cybering in Goldshire, but let's not waste time on irrelevant topics.

Some top end guilds require you to have multiple, if not all classes, available in the event a specific boss is only doable in the first few weeks with class stacking. Include the fact that some people like to have multiple characters as well, you soon find yourself in some guilds (not most though) needing to level and gear about 5 - 8 characters. Maybe you don't see it, or need to do it, but it does happen.
    As I said, there are ZERO guilds requiring 8 raid ready alts, and saying "if not all classes" just makes you sound even more ignorant so please, stop.

It is a couple of hours. My first attempt (on the Beta) for Mists of Pandaria leveling,
    Cool. But let's stick to LEGION beta where handing in 25 WoD quests nets you 30 mins as I've already tested.

Gathering Materials, running Dungeons for Sockets, Tertiary Stats and Warforged (or whatever it's called now) is all more effective if you're at Level 110 faster. That extra few dungeons you can run sooner before the raid, can add a lot of impact.
    That extra 1-2 normal/hc dungeons you will be able to run in the 30 minutes you gained will have zero impact on your gearing for raids.

Again; It's not 30 minutes
    Yeah it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly find it just hilarious how many people just get all up in rage and angered when other people like to try to rush to max level when an expansion launches. Like the legit hate and anger about it is hilarious.