Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    The legendary ring (and cloak) is/was very accessible, but they should really keep the story in game, makes no sense indeed that some people may miss out on Khadgar's epicness and the little tidbits of lore (and seeing those old, old characters from pre-WoW games).
    Oh, this point I do support against the removal. The questline itself is sad to see gone, the item gated away isn't so sad.

An easier fix could just be rudction in legendary achievement points.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    I still mourn the removal of Druid quests from Vanilla and tBC, I have no idea why they removed them tbh, they are a big part of what made me fall in love with my Druid in the first place. I'm still waiting to hibernate and enter into the Emerald Dream, that was promised back in Vanilla
    I still have my medicine pouch somewhere! In general, loved the old class quests. I squeeled when I saw the polearm from Blood Elf paladins finally available to me once more. Though, that in mind, it doesn't change my view that some things just change.

Just like in Legion, they claim they are changing for the better of class/profession quests.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    You know what's far worse?

People in denial who bitch about removing content because they want to feel special too

You and the snowflakes are two sides of he same coin.
    You know what is truly pathetic? People like you, who contribute nothing, just whine about "whiners" all the time. You are the literal cancer of web2.0.

Just to show you how idiotic your assuming is: I have multiple rings and multiple cloaks. Does that suddenly make me an asshole who desires to deny other people access to content, just to feel somewhat superior to them? No, that doesn't. Do I /spit on pathetic excuses for humans who want to deny other people's access to content, so they can feel somewhat superior to them? Why yes, yes I do. Surprise surprise, the world is not as binary as you thought.

Its not that hard to remove actual legendaries alongside with grind parts, but leave lore quest parts alone. That will give special snowflakers items to fap over, while at the same time leave some story to experience for other people. But oh well, that's work, work is not allowed. Cutting stuff away is much easier. Less is more, yay!
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-07-26 at 11:42 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

The legendary ring (and cloak) is/was very accessible, but they should really keep the story in game, makes no sense indeed that some people may miss out on Khadgar's epicness and the little tidbits of lore (and seeing those old, old characters from pre-WoW games).
    I agree with this. Although I'm not bothered that they removed these chains and their rewards, I could see them keeping the questchain in the game with some other form of reward so people can still enjoy the story tied to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post

So far, whole legendary quest line from Pandaria, and now from Draenor. I don't understand what's the reason exactly.

If you make a new char, or start WoW now as new player, you lose one of the best quest chain from the expansion. I don't get it. Is only for that achievement so much noise or what? Seriously, elitists can take a break, I am taking about a beautiful game here chopped with no real reason.
    I don't mean to be rude but take this however you want.

It's because of statements like this and crying like this that Blizzard removes exclusivity from the game.

I remember back in Vanilla getting whispers like "awesome gear!" and "where is that from?!". Moreover I remember whispering people with those same questions. Nowadays every mook can get everything. Yeah, people who can put in the hours, can wreck in PvP, can smash the PvE content DESERVE to be unique. They worked for it. I don't wanna hear the "you're not a unique and beautiful snowflake", because noone is. What the hardcore players are are invested, determined, motivated. You take away that motivation and there's no reason to play. We play this game because it's fun, because it's an escape from reality, be it bullies in school, crap job, down on your luck, or whatever else. And some people just play it as nothing more but a pastime activity.

Think of it this way, you work for a big company and your yearly bonus is a company car. You worked hard, long hours, you earned it. And then next year the boss decides even the janitor gets one. Nice feeling? I think not. It's not about others being miserable so the invested players can feel unique or that they earned something, it's about respecting the people that put the time and effort in in the first place.

So stop with this constant and pointless whining, stop ruining the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kri4o View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but take this however you want.

It's because of statements like this and crying like this that Blizzard removes exclusivity from the game.

I remember back in Vanilla getting whispers like "awesome gear!" and "where is that from?!". Moreover I remember whispering people with those same questions. Nowadays every mook can get everything. Yeah, people who can put in the hours, can wreck in PvP, can smash the PvE content DESERVE to be unique. They worked for it. I don't wanna hear the "you're not a unique and beautiful snowflake", because noone is. What the hardcore players are are invested, determined, motivated. You take away that motivation and there's no reason to play. We play this game because it's fun, because it's an escape from reality, be it bullies in school, crap job, down on your luck, or whatever else. And some people just play it as nothing more but a pastime activity.

Think of it this way, you work for a big company and your yearly bonus is a company car. You worked hard, long hours, you earned it. And then next year the boss decides even the janitor gets one. Nice feeling? I think not. It's not about others being miserable so the invested players can feel unique or that they earned something, it's about respecting the people that put the time and effort in in the first place.

So stop with this constant and pointless whining, stop ruining the game.
    What's the problem with leaving the quest chain on with the same grinds?

The rewards are no longer powerful anyway, so I don't know why you are discussing "working for it" at all, but whatever, what's the problem with just leaving these things where they are? Why remove them?

(I mean, I know why they are removing them, but that's a bad reason for the player.)

Deleted
    I would rather them have left things like the Battle for Undercity and Wrathgate in really as scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by kri4o View Post
    You can't prove your point using wrong analogy. This is not work, you all pay money to be able to play the game. Here's the right analogy: you and the bunch of other kids come to play to a sandbox, and those kids who came to play a week ago get unique black sand and custom toys to play with, while kids who joined today get default yellow sand and basic plastic toys. Since the payment is the same for all kids to be able to start playing, an equal access to toys and sand should be maintained.

Also: no, the "hey, since me and my friends built this awesome sand castle, we should be totally the only ones who are allowed to play with black sand and custom toys, respect our effort, dammit, and don't give our toys to that scrubs who came today, waaaah waaah!" is not a arguement, and never was.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-07-26 at 11:55 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    You know what is truly pathetic? People like you, who contribute nothing, just whine about "whiners" all the time. You are the literal cancer of web2.0.

Just to show you how idiotic your assuming is: I have multiple rings and multiple cloaks. Does that suddenly make me an asshole who desires to deny other people access to content, just to feel somewhat superior to them? No, that doesn't. Do I /spit on pathetic excuses for humans who want to deny other people's access to content, so they can feel somewhat superior to them? Why yes, yes I do. Surprise surprise, the world is not as binary as you thought.

Its not that hard to remove actual legendaries alongside with grind parts, but leave lore quest parts alone. That will give special snowflakers items to fap over, while at the same time leave some story to experience for other people. But oh well, that's work, work is not allowed. Cutting stuff away is much easier. Less is more, yay!
    You seem pretty adamant on trying to establish some sort of "i'm better than you" while also being a general asshat.. judging by your posts in this thread at least.

As for the "removing the legendary and keeping the quests".. neither i, nor most of the other people you have quoted and attempted to.. i guess.. attack to feed your ego.. have disagreed with that notion. So perhaps before coming into threads such as this, go outside once in a while, get some sun, then you don't have to try and provoke everyone for having an opinion that may differ even slightly to your own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Numptydumbty View Post
    I would rather them have left things like the Battle for Undercity and Wrathgate in really as scenarios.
    I agree with this. Those two were amazing parts of the game that i miss dearly!

It is stupid that they take it out so snowflakes can stroke it on how superior they think they are.

At least leave the quest chain in there so you can do the achievement
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    The quest was available for what? Two years?

If you didn't do it during that time oh well. Try for whatever they have going in the next expansion.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    To me, most interesting is how they kept old legendaries like Sulfuras, Shadowmourne and others.
    What is so different between those ones and cloak/ring ones? Did Blizzard ever explain this removal?

Got a friend who is coming to WoW for the first time ever and ,knowing him as story-telling fan, he is missing a lot by not having oportunity to do those quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    To me, most interesting is how they kept old legendaries like Sulfuras, Shadowmourne and others.
    What is so different between those ones and cloak/ring ones? Did Blizzard ever explain this removal?

Got a friend who is coming to WoW for the first time ever and ,knowing him as story-telling fan, he is missing a lot by not having oportunity to do those quests.
    This is Blizzard of old, who were successful, and Blizzard of new, who have / think they have to employ tricks to be successful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its one of the ways to force people to sub at least for 2-3 months during expansion to get it done - they are afraid that people wouldnt play it at all only be doin it 4-5 years later.

if game is shit then devs have to do stuff like this to up sub numbers

And yet, if this sort of exclusivity would have been done in Classic or TBC, the same people saying its bad now would be bending over backwards to praise the brilliant vision that the game had at the time, how "epics back then were epic omg guis", etc etc the usual bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    And yet, if this sort of exclusivity would have been done in Classic or TBC, the same people saying its bad now would be bending over backwards to praise the brilliant vision that the game had at the time, how "epics back then were epic omg guis", etc etc the usual bull.
    No, there'd simply be more disillusioned players earlier and the game would likely have had fewer players today.

Because that's just a trick to get more people to sub when they don't really want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    a lot of games have timed events, having these events aka quests run an entire expansion is like that.

Aion had events that ended and rewards could no longer be obtained.
    Swtor did
    LOTRO Did
    Rift Did
    Wildstar Did
    Skyforge Did

get my point.

its good to make things prestigous so you can see who has slugged it out and put in the most effort in the game.

kind of defeatws the purpose of playing the current content if you can go back 3-4 expacs later and get the same rewards that people strived for while it was current.

removing things from the game also makes them more valuable at the time, and kind of drags people back into the game to achieve them.
    GW2 has so many timed events and gear that goes with, it will make your head spin.

This would be the best choice, imo.

Remove the item at the end and maybe the achivement and just keep the quests.

So far, whole legendary quest line from Pandaria, and now from Draenor. I don't understand what's the reason exactly.

If you make a new char, or start WoW now as new player, you lose one of the best quest chain from the expansion. I don't get it. Is only for that achievement so much noise or what? Seriously, elitists can take a break, I am taking about a beautiful game here chopped with no real reason.
    I am totally with you here.

For one: especially legendary cloak + ring is an ongoing story imo
    Two: it's just a beautiful quest with a beautiful story, so why remove it at all?
    Three: no, I don't want to be a special snowflake after the fact, I've got at least 4 of these cloaks on my toons.
    Four: I'd like to play through these quest chains every once in a while
    Five: why remove something they put so much effort into creating. For example there is a special music theme for Wrathion with choir and everything that can only be heard while interacting with him in the legendary quest chain. This can never be heard ingame anymore. WHAT A WASTE!!!
    SIX: since the current WoW dev team really SUXXX donkey balls at creating new original good content it is a mystery to me why they are even removing content that others created with such love and care the new devs seem incapable of...

Its to keep you subbed you fools.

How are you losing one of the "best quest chain from the expansion" if it's only for elitists?
    You can't make the claim that they are important to the xpac and for elitists only at the same time dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I can mostly understand it with Legendary Quest Chains. However, I believe that the BMAH can supplement the remainder of such things.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!