View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You see that..... nope I guess its because it went over your head.

You came into the thread ranting about X when it had nothing to do with X and is about Y. Sorry you look foolish but that is no one else fault about your own.
    I see what you were trying to do. You were trying to argue against me because what I think isn't what you think but your reading comprehension is terrible. It's like you just pick random posts, have a fight and then claim victory be saying shit went over peoples' head when you don't understand what is going on. You have a history with that sort of arguing tactic. No. You are right. I feel the fool. I let myself be dragged into a professional MMO-"champ" argument. I'm sorry champ.

p.s. I fixed your spelling errors in the quote I used. You are welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Mayb go see a fucking doctor if it's that big an issue, camera isn't that different and really shouldn't make you sick either way. If you're even considering quitting over this then just do because the game doesn't want you.

It bothers me a lot but I won't quit Legion over it. I'll adjust to it eventually but so far I find it really hard to keep track of what's happening around me in a bossfight without shaking my camera around like crazy. I never really played melee, only healers and casters, but I'd find it more relaxing if I was able to zoom out further. Right now I feel like I'm playing in first person.

Is it really worth asking people if they will quit? People claim they will quit over absolutely everything on these forums and 99% of the time they will still be here in 2 years and still shouting they are quitting over whatever the most recent changes are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously don't know how people can play like that anyway. I can see zooming out a little bit to like Diablo levels but all the way? If someone is actually going to quit over this then...wow. Here I thought quitting over no flying mounts was stupid.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    Tbh that video looks awfull especially considering this hunter does jack all concerning raid mechanics and is 100% tunnelvisioning. He might as well turn of his raid frames.

He isn't even trying to bait felseekers like the others in the raid, doesn't surprise me though since he can't see them doing this since they run out of view.

I can't even see how they are handeling wraths and surprise this hunter does not soak/do jack, not to mention p2 I can't see jack what is going on.

I also can't see gaze handeling in p3, it is out of view (and again this hunter doesn't soak or do jack).
    Can only see half the shadowforce in p3 too so can't see how the other side is handeling it.

This video is plain awfull and painfull to watch... Would have been worse with people being hit by felseeker or being spread out due to errors, you can't even get a fix on them as a raidleader. This is a farm kill but imagine progression with people being mispositioned frequently.
    Not a farm kill when everyone gets the achievement though

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I seriously don't know how people can play like that anyway. I can see zooming out a little bit to like Diablo levels but all the way? If someone is actually going to quit over this then...wow. Here I thought quitting over no flying mounts was stupid.
    You underestimate the stupidity of the wow community mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I went into interface options and backed the slider all the way out then zoomed the camera back in the game. There's a difference but it's not a world-crushing difference like people are going on about. I have to wonder how many people complaining about this don't know about the slider control in interface options. Certainly nothing I'm going to quit over and find it faintly ridiculous that other people believe this to be the single most important decision about whether or not they stay or leave. Seems that if this is enough to push you out of the game you are already mostly out to start with.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I actually play this game in 3D with a 3D monitor (WoW in 3D is absolutely gorgeous), so I would wager that I have paid more attention to the details of the art than most here actually. There is SO much more to this game than the bosses foot everyone keeps complaining about. The environment has detail that is all but invisible unless you are zoomed in more. Heck there are art details that are invisible to the 99.9% of the players who play in standard 2D and not stereoscopic 3D. If you thought Ulduar looked good before, you should see the level of mind blowing detail that is really there in 3D. Even the world outside of instances has a lot of subtle detail which becomes so much more relevant with world quests. Regardless, the world loses so much of this detail when you zoom way the hell out in favor of a mechanical advantage.

Do you actually play on full ultra in raids? I do, and I don't really find any issues with the resolution of the models....I mean it isn't a 200+ visual mod skyrim level of detail (it's wow after all), but the resolution is good for the art style they follow.
    Yes I play full ultra in raids, and no I've hated ulduar's aesthetic since day 1. I'd also STRONGLY argue that 3D is not the intended audience and has absolutely 0 relevance to any discussion regarding the wider playerbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the slider broken, or is it per character? It seems to reset on me often, but I have been shifting around on alts a lot since the patch hit. I was wondering if it resets on log in or maybe getting into combat screws with it. The difference in distance with max slider isn't terribly noticeable, and those issues are relatively minor, so I won't be quitting over this change.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Good thing i don't raid anymore, otherwise i would be furious.

But this is by far the most idiotic decision blizzard have done with this expansion, sometimes i just have no fucking clue what even goes through their seemingly empty heads, being able to zoom out my camera as a melee and especially the times where i was a raid leader was crucial, and after trying maxing the camera as we have it now in LFR was not even remotely good enough, i am not interested in staring at Archimonde's green glowing balls, i am interested in seeing what is going on with the raid and get a full view of the models and environments i am up against.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    If the new max camera has you vomiting with severe headaches i would go see a doctor personally. That doesn't sound normal.
    This is most video games, not just WoW. I can play fighters and old 2D games, but never an FPS or flight/driving/boating sim, and MMO's are hit and miss. In WoW I could avoid symptoms by just zooming out using the console command I found in about 30 seconds of Google search shortly after buying the game. I don't get these issues in normal day to day activities like driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Interface-Camera- Chnge the default from Near to Far. That is very far from what I looked at last night.
    Scroll down to the "Camera Zoom Distance" segment
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ion-UI-Changes

The top set of images are were taken on 7.0

The bottom set are from 6.2

The camera distance in Legion is nothing like the old max camera distance.
    Last edited by MrLordDariusCrowley; 2016-07-26 at 04:51 PM.

Why does there have to be anti-complainers that complain about the fact that people complain about legitimate problems? Did you finish wanking and have nothing better to do or do you enjoy trolling too much but lack the skills to troll properly?

To clear things on this shit camera change: it was an optional change that could only be done with a command, it wasn't in the default interface settings. So it cannot affect anyone's playstyle negatively as they can't accidentally press it, they have to ask around or google the thing. All-in-all it's something that people want to have, many people, the ones that actually play the content; not the ones that just afk LFR while having dinner cuz dey busy business ppls - no it's not for you, you can play with ur face in ur char's crotch ez.

This change is also linked to the no-flying change. Why? Cuz blizzard wants us to see all that pretty art that that chinese guy is drawing, not just when we afk, but ALL THE TIME, so we need to be zoomed in close enough. The problem comes when in reality we only see bosses from the bellybutton down, we see dragon paws, we get to be inside galleon's head, all-in-all we get to see some buggy shit, that the game didn't intend for us to see, or w/e they did, but they didn't. It's like wanting to have sex, but not wanting to get it sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    If people get motion sickness from maxing out camera distance, then why the fuck do they max out the camera distance? Is it some Darwin bullshit? Blizzard should rather have a motion sickness warning in the slider. But i suspect in the grand scheme of things, this is done for another purpose, which they'd lie to keep hidden. Wouldn't be the first time.

*cough*consoles can't handle it*cough*
    I meant that as in the current max is not far enough out, thus causing motion sickness. Sorry if that wasn't made clear.

Personally I don't have that issue unless I zoom in to about half of the current max, but I can easily understand how it effects some people at further distances.

Annoys me, but I will defenetely play through questing and so on. Afterwards I will either be used to it or I wont and stop raiding. I asume its going to be option 1 - humans are good at adapting.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

If Blizzard introduce that you can log in 4 hours a day / character, people will still defend that:
    -4 hours is enough
    -I haven't played 4 hours before, why would I need more?
    -those who are playing more than 4h/d are getting an unfair advantage
    etc etc

Deleted
    Bothers me quite a bit. I was doing Dragon Soul after the patch and noticed how it's much more frustrating to target drakes on the stupid protect aspects + thrall event and then on the airship boss. It won't make me quit but it's annoying as fuck on some occasions.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except I know for a fact it does impact me negatively. And seeing as the change literally doesn't affect you at all, why would it be a problem if they reverted it to accomodate those of us who the change DOES affect negatively?
    Resembles conversations had with anti-flyers, doesn't it.
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    People who use "/thread" are not morons - even morons aren't that fucked up.
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

True, if you "can't" raid because of the change, that is false or you are doing something wrong.

IMO the new camera distance is better to watch on a stream than the old. With the old view everything was like a top down view that looked more like an old 2d game. Now many players are using more of an angle to be able to see select things, there is gameplay in this. As I said before, if you are not a keyboard turning clicker, this will make you an even better player than the average.