Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    It shows he is a fraud. He never wanted a "revolution." And he never was against the "elite."
    No, it just shows he has priorities and he's being realistic.

I don't agree with him on many things, but I can't fault him for this at all. Trump is a far bigger threat to the world than Hilary(in sanders mind). Of course he's going to go with the far lesser evil. If that's his reasoning, how can you fault him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    But what is he going to do now.
    *shrug* He's going to try to get her elected. I mean...he got significant seats to influence the party platform and a much louder voice in the Senate. I know it's easy to look at recent events and see Bernie as a victim, but he's actually gained a lot of progress towards his goals. He'll probably keep pushing for election reform (which is already happening -- see the change to how superdelegates are handled) but do so in a way that doesn't hurt Clinton's election chances in November.

Bernie's more realistic than a lot of people want him to be -- many people want him to be a pure ideologue -- the original bernie-or-bust...but that's just not him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Trump is the lesser of two evils.
    Yeah. Stuff like this is why myself, a Finnish man, do not want to see this bloodthirsty warhawk leading the United States. Some people have been baffled as to why I would care about who becomes the next US president; the fact that the rest of us are left to clean up the mess and pick up the pieces when countries get blown to shit, that's reason enough.

There'll be more than enough asylum seekers and refugees moving about the globe without hawkish US presidents going around destroying countries and creating havens of terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I disagree. Trump's an ass but better than her.

Also he could run as independent. He certainly had enough of a following.

that will split the vote and only elect trump which is total fucking insanity if you ask me. is Hillary perfect? no but she isnt a Trump which is the key issue here. And really do you think we can afford to have Trump nominating 3-4 justices to the SCOTUS? really that would fuck civil rights and freedoms for a generation.

As bad as hillary is she is still tons better than the alternative of a racist nazi in the white house.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah. Stuff like this is why myself, a Finnish man, do not want to see this bloodthirsty warhawk leading the United States. Some people have been baffled as to why I would care about who becomes the next US president; the fact that the rest of us are left to clean up the mess and pick up the pieces when countries get blown to shit, that's reason enough.

There'll be more than enough asylum seekers and refugees moving about the globe without hawkish US presidents going around destroying countries and creating havens of terrorism.
    And you think Trump i will bomb them until the sand starts glowing from the nukes will be better for the refugee crisis in the world?

Hillary with a strong progressive senate and house will make sure she is stopped from running to the right wing side of things

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure I see the issue here?

10+ Year Old Account
    PHILADELPHIA — The Bernie Sanders campaign considered demanding a private plane staffed and funded by the Democratic National Committee as part of negotiations with Hillary Clinton heading into this week’s convention, according to a Sanders memo obtained by BuzzFeed News.
    How did I know this was a clickbate thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some things to note here:

1. This is a memo, likely written by an aide, about their strategy going forward. It isn't written by Bernie, or by Hillary to Bernie. (To clear that up)

2. It assumes that at some point, in the wake of defeat for the candidacy, they will be expected to fall in line and back Hillary.

3. Based on that assumption, it is saying that to continue to leverage Sanders' popularity, they will need to keep him in the limelight. That requires keeping the roadshow going, so an idea is to request that the DNC (not Hillary's campaign) foot the bill.

This makes sense, as Sanders would have no source of income during that roadshow, and the benefit is solely for Hillary/DNC.

I think you all want to interpret this as corruption - but if I asked you to tour the country giving speeches for half a year - you would be right to ask me if I planned on at least paying your expenses for doing so.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills watching either side justify voting for Trump or Clinton. I may never have been behind Bernie, but it's sad to see him backing down. Trump may be an idiot but "most dangerous person in the world"? He can't constitutionally back up more than half of what he is saying.

Both of these candidates are awful, and it's sickening that we as a people get to see the corruption and are somehow okay with it, or have rationalized it away. By casting the vote, even in the name of "the lesser of two evils" you are sending a message loud and clear - What you did was okay.

It's not.

Now, I'm not doom-saying, the USA will survive 8 years of either of these assholes, but I will not in good conscience condone either major party candidate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    And you think Trump i will bomb them until the sand starts glowing from the nukes will be better for the refugee crisis in the world?
    People keep saying stuff like this, but there's really nothing to back it up. The only thing people can go back on to prove their claim is that Trump said a thing. Well, Trump says all kinds of things. Then he says the opposite. Then he says the thing again, and then the opposite again. He's a guy who says a lot of things. Nothing indicates that he's a crazy, murderous, bloodthirsty, warmongering warhawk.

Hillary, on the other hand, is, and the proof of that is in her job and voting history.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Whereas other people want personal glory and power in exchange, such as Hillary in 2008, Bernie asked for a tool to help keep fighting for the people?

Now there's a contrast between the greed of Hillary and altruism of Sanders.
    He's also trying to stay in the game. This is the only option.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    No basis in reality?

https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrump...hy_trump_is_a/

What news do YOU listen to?
    Actions > Words.

Clinton has a history of corruption. Trump just says things.

Until he is elected and actually does some of the things the fear mongering left is accusing him of, I will continue to say go pound sand.

Also, you can't control who endorses you. What a stupid way to attack somebody.

Actions > Words.

Until he is elected and actually does some of the things the fear mongering left is accusing him of, I will continue to say go pound sand.

We can only predict what Trump is going to do based on his words. I mean we could look at his failed businesses, his current fraud lawsuit, his lower than average ROI, etc. but in terms of politics we only have his words to go on.

Deleted
    Bernie Sanders: A man who said the system was rigged, was correct the system was rigged, and now is endorsing the person who rigged it.

Yep; he has no self-respect and is a doormat.

Would have made an excellent president!
    The person who rigged it. Go get mental help, never seen this form of retardism before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    The person who rigged it. Go get mental help, never seen this form of retardism before.
    Is it comfortable with your head in the sand?

Is it comfortable with your head in the sand?
    Hilary is not that one that developed the Democrat's primary process, shes just benefited from it and her connections in the party.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Hilary is not that one that developed the Democrat's primary process, shes just benefited from it and her connections in the party.
    Part of the corrupt system either way.

Yes, thats called being apart of the Democrat or Republican party.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2016-07-26 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    Not the creator of the corrupted rules like you wanted her to be. Big difference. Good to see you figured it out, there's hope out there for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actions > Words.

"He hasn't actually started started actually DOING these terrible fascist things he says he wants to do YET. So let's elect him into the most powerful office in the world to see if he will!"
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    He is just more against Trump the Hillary. When facing 2 awful choices you sometimes have to pick the lesser of two evils.
    He's been caucusing with democrats for a long time. He joined the party to run for it's nomination. It's not a case of a lesser of two evils. It's a case of having a considerably more in common with Hillary and being able to shape the democratic platform or handing the country over to a literal fascist. The Bernie or Bust folks have short memories, and can't remember Nader claiming there was no difference between Al Gore and George W. Bush. Heck, they aren't even remembering the Brexit voters who wanted a do-over because they regretted their "protest" vote.

Democracy is consensus through compromise. If more of Sanders' supporters had checked his record, they'd have seen he understands that. I wouldn't have voted for him if he didn't. Sanders delegates have a large say in the platform, don't blow this for us Busters.