Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Anyways when it comes to NX still take shit like this with a grain of salt however eurogamer has more cred then hacks like Emily or Liam, they where on top of the neo/scorpio months before the companies ever mentioned them.
    liam and emily both said these leaks were going to come a couple days ago and that they had already heard about them..
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    There was a rumor a while ago that the NX will have 3 SKUs. So this makes perfect sense. One for the actual system, the handheld. One for the docking station, and one for them both.

To your question about the docking station, one of their patents showed that the docking station for a handheld also acted as a SCD (Supplemental Computing Device) that boosted the power of the handheld, I believe that's what the dock will also act as. If the handheld will be using the next gen Tegra chips, it'll more than likely be somewhere in between the XB1 and PS4 power levels. So with the SCD (or dock), I think that it will achieve near Neo levels of power.

Pure speculation on my part, but if the dock acts as a SCD then it makes perfect sense. It would bring Nintendo up to current gen power levels while also retaining their originality. I just really, really hope that they include some kind of pro gamepad into the mix. Otherwise I'll have to pass. I detest separate controllers acting as one (a la wii mote).
    IGN just posted that it will have Nvidia Tegra, so no Neo levels lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no way. the handheld will probably be a little bit stronger than the vita and the console part will be a little bit stronger than the regular xbox one
    Even if it's a custom Tegra X1, that already blows the vita out of the water. An X2 will, on it's own, be on par with the Xbone. The article states that it's very likely to be an X2 because the X1 that's being used on the dev kits are actively cooled.

With a docking station that also acts as an SCD, it's not a stretch to say that it could boost it up to a processing power somewhere in between the PS4 and Neo.

But, this is Nintendo we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    IGN just posted that it will have Nvidia Tegra, so no Neo levels lol.
    If it's an X2 (which seems to be likely) and if the dock also acts as an SCD, it's possibly. A man can dream, lol.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2016-07-26 at 05:02 PM.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

liam and emily both said these leaks were going to come a couple days ago and that they had already heard about them..
    Rumors are still rumors and The only place with credit that has reported anything is eurogamer
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Again where are you getting this bologna from? Because the news that Eurogamer broke today sure as hell does not mention any extra power gained from a "console part". Only that you can play the games on your TV if you wish. Major difference buddy.

What you see with the handheld's power is likely what you get. Any "console part" or "console dock" is simply there to send the image to your tv and up scale it to 1080p.
    we have had patents for supplemental computing addons for months.

they arent gonna sell a handheld with an hdmi cable they arent retarded
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Even if it's a custom Tegra X1, that already blows the vita out of the water. An X2 will, on it's own, be on par with the Xbone. The article states that it's very likely to be an X2 because the X1 that's being used on the dev kits are super cooled (which means the chips are overclocked atm).

With a docking station that also acts as an SCD, it's not a stretch to say that it could boost it up to a processing power somewhere in between the PS4 and Neo.

Taking raw power of chip in a mobile device means jack shit when you can almost never use the full power due to power draw concerns. There is a reason you can't play Xbox One level games on a tablet, hell ever tried gaming on a decent gaming laptop WITHOUT having it plugged in? Good luck on that 2 hour battery life if you even get that.

Even if it's a custom Tegra X1, that already blows the vita out of the water. An X2 will, on it's own, be on par with the Xbone. The article states that it's very likely to be an X2 because the X1 that's being used on the dev kits are super cooled (which means the chips are overclocked atm).

a nintendo console at neo levels would not be succesful. in order to be succesful they have to market this as a cheaper supplemental console.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Rumors are still rumors and The only place with credit that has reported anything is eurogamer
    rumours are still rumours until they turn out true.

we have had patents for supplemental computing addons for months.

they arent gonna sell a handheld with an hdmi cable they arent retarded
    Something that sends an image and upscales it is a supplemental computing addon.

Cloud power is supplemental computing addons.

Both are more likely then your bullshit scenario where you think nvidia engineered some magical port that allows two separate devices to combine powers and become captain planet. 1) even with SLI like technology that's not feasible at cost/performance ratios, 2) it would force Nintendo to sell the devices separately which would just make the "console dock" worthless as it would sell jack shit and soon be discontinued.

a nintendo console at neo levels would not be succesful. in order to be succesful they have to market this as a cheaper supplemental console.

- - - Updated - - -

rumours are still rumours until they turn out true.
    Well until they are true stop acting like they are.

Also Nintendo could release a Neo level system or one close and still sell it cheaper then the ps4/xb1.

As it stands none of us know jack shit and we only know a couple games coming to it..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Something that sends an image and upscales it is a supplemental computing addon.

Both are more likely then your bullshit scenario where you think nvidia engineered some magical port that allows two separate devices to combine powers and become captain planet. 1) even with SLI like technology that's not feasible at cost/performance ratios, 2) it would force Nintendo to sell the devices separately which would just make the "console dock" worthless as it would sell jack shit and soon be discontinued.
    why would they combine powers? the dock can be its own seperate thing and the handheld just turns into a controller

- - - Updated - - -

Also Nintendo could release a Neo level system or one close and still sell it cheaper then the ps4/xb1.
    the nx isnt being sold for a loss. so please tell me how they can magically have neo level machines cheaper than the base models of ps4 and xbox one?

- - - Updated - - -

not to mention the nx has been in development since around the time the wiiu came out and hardware was finalized a long time ago. wheras the neo and scorpio are just xbox ones and ps4s with slightly better hardware to upscale to fake 4k

why would they combine powers? the dock can be its own seperate thing and the handheld just turns into a controller
    You do realize the cost of such a system would be higher then $400 right? Even if it released at Wii-U levels of power to run a system that is both handheld and console would cost alot.

Nintendo would also HAVE to sell it together. If they spit it into two things it would kill the "Console" part of it. No one is going to want to drop $200 and then another $200 for a addon.

So you just killed your "supplemental computing" argument already? First they combine, now they don't. EG reports on a single solitary device and you somehow dream up magic scenarios in your head that likely don't exist?

That's how this all went down right? Liam is that you?

the nx isnt being sold for a loss. so please tell me how they can magically have neo level machines cheaper than the base models of ps4 and xbox one?

not to mention the nx has been in development since around the time the wiiu came out and hardware was finalized a long time ago. wheras the neo and scorpio are just xbox ones and ps4s with slightly better hardware to upscale to fake 4k
    First off how do you know what the NX is being sold for?????

Second if you think the hardware upgrades to the Ps4 Neo and XboxOne Scropio is slight you clearly don't know anything about hardware.

Third yes the hardware was finalized a long time ago...... BUT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HARDWARE IS.

That's the part your not understanding, you assume some random twitter post is legit. The only legit news that has came out about the NX has been from Eurogamer and they are saying its one system.

So you just killed your "supplemental computing" argument already? First they combine, now they don't.
    no, the supplemental computing part was about the little box from the patent that connects your nx to other peoples nx's to give you better graphics just like titanfall does on the xbox ones cloud computing. i never said they combined powers.

- - - Updated - - -

First off how do you know what the NX is being sold for?????

Second if you think the hardware upgrades to the Ps4 Neo and XboxOne Scropio is slight you clearly don't know anything about hardware.

Third yes the hardware was finalized a long time ago...... BUT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HARDWARE IS.

That's the part your not understanding, you assume some random twitter post is legit. The only legit news that has came out about the NX has been from Eurogamer and they are saying its one system.
    because nintendo said its not being sold for a loss but that it will still be affordable for families with a competitive price.

yes, they are slight. because it isnt a new gen and it isnt real 4k its just upscaled. for most games it will just give better fps.

no, the supplemental computing part was about the little box from the patent that connects your nx to other peoples nx's to give you better graphics just like titanfall does on the xbox ones cloud computing. i never said they combined powers.
    Titanfall does not do that at all. Titanfall uses "cloud computing" for dedicated servers, that's it. Microsoft has yet to deliver on their promises to boost graphical fidelity with their Azure cloud tech, and will likely never deliver on it with the Scorpio coming out. It was a bullshit promise that will never become a thing.

And did you just say that other peoples consoles will boost your own consoles power?...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And did you just say that other peoples consoles will boost your own consoles power?...
    thats what the patent said, that other people could leave their consoles in sleep mode and that you would be compensated in some way for allowing it.

Ummmmm LOL.

Cloud computing does not do that for Titanfall. Thanks for showing you don't have a clue about hardware/software or what your talking about.

10+ Year Old Account

While the bolded made me burst out laughing, that's simply not true. Both AMD and Nvidia have SCD's that work as intended. Also, the patents for Nintendo's SCD clearly shows exactly what the console is. A handheld that attaches to a docking station that gives it more processing power. It also mentions something about cloud computing but that kind of eludes me. So I don't understand why you're saying it's not feasible. When with current tech, it clearly is.

They could sell the beefed up "docks" as different SKUs. There was a rumor a while ago that there would be 3 SKUs for the NX, so it makes sense.

This scenario could get expensive (probably $400 for the whole package), but the beefed up docks could be marketed towards the more hardcore gamers. We'll find out in September.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

thats what the patent said, that other people could leave their consoles in sleep mode and that you would be compensated in some way for allowing it.
    Are...are you serious? I'm completely confused as to why on earth you think this is a thing that would ever happen in any reality.