Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    As for my own thoughts on Gadot, I thought she alright but not really anything spectacular, although I did get a nerdgasm when she joined the Doomsday fight and the following song started playing:

Yeah, it was a pretty good choice on the part of Snyder to use very 300-esque music for Wonder Woman. I like her theme better than Superman's current theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    A half naked woman with a whip and a sword doesnt make a very compelling superhero

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    A half naked woman with a whip and a sword doesnt make a very compelling superhero
    I think of her more as an amazon, which has real life history. Being a bit narrow minded there imo.

Deleted
    You clearly haven't seen many superheros.

- Supergirl
    - Scarlet Witch
    - Psylocke
    - She-Hulk
    - Mystique [hint: she's naked!]

Oh and how about a man who wears his underwear on the outside?

HER SUIT HAVE COLORS, COLORS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god Zack shitdner has nothing to do with this movie. Jesus christ. The villain is kinda of obvious. They introduce her in a world war (not the first time). The only person that benefit here is Ares, the god of war. World war are when Ares are at his strongest. She has no motive to stop a war that she has no part in, no side in.

Greeks always wear skirts, so I guess you don't like her chestpiece? Sword&shield, rope, seems pretty standard adventurer fare.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

i always found it funny that bad guys always keep on shooting superman/WW even after the first few times, like maybe the next bullet will work

10+ Year Old Account
    I really love the WW music. The music that hits in the trailer at around 2:20 when the WW logo appears. Ahh.

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg

Edit2: just noticed it's Hans Zimmer. That explains why I love it so much.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Yeah, it was a pretty good choice on the part of Snyder to use very 300-esque music for Wonder Woman. I like her theme better than Superman's current theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I really love the WW music. The music that hits in the trailer at around 2:20 when the WW logo appears. Ahh.

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg

Edit2: just noticed it's Hans Zimmer. That explains why I love it so much.

Hans Zimmer explains how he came up with that song @ 8:31. Really neat:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Greeks always wear skirts, so I guess you don't like her chestpiece? Sword&shield, rope, seems pretty standard adventurer fare.
    But not superhero fare. Wheres all the super powers. I see her as just as lame as batman and the green arrow. She would get crushed by a villain such as Apocalypse

But not superhero fare. Wheres all the super powers. I see her as just as lame as batman and the green arrow. She would get crushed by a villain such as Apocalypse
    You realize she has power given by greek gods and their artifacts right? Shes literally the Thor of the DC universe...

Amazon Prowess

Wonder Woman was trained at a young age. She has highly developed fighting skills and is an expert is armed and unarmed combat. She can use the sword, axe and bow. Her amazonian blood gives her enhanced hearing, vision, speed, strength, and great regeneration properties

Flight

Given to her by Hermes, she is able to fly at sub light speeds.

Magical and Physical Resistances

Another gift from the gods. Wonder Woman is near invulnerable and highly resistant to magic and fire. She is also resistant to blunt force.

Animal Empathy

Wonder Woman is able to communicate with animals.

Lasso of Truth

The Lasso of truth is unbreakable and can confine beings as strong as superman. It also forces the victim to speak nothing but the truth.

Indestructable Gauntlets

The gauntlets were crafted from the remains of Zeus's Legendary Aegis shield. They can easily deflect bullets and other projectiles as well as laser beams. When crossed, remnants of the shield form, giving her an impenetrable barrier.
    Aide from Hulk and Superman, no super hero shown in movie form so far could even beat her. Thor is her fair match up. Hell during crossover WW is the only dc hero that can lift Thors hammer by being worthy.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-07-27 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This is the brief description of the movie:

"Diana, princess of the Amazons, was raised on a sheltered island and trained to be an unconquerable fighter. After an American pilot, Steve Trevor, crashes on the island and tells her about a world war that is happening, Diana leaves her home to try to stop the war."

It may very well not be one particular villain.
    it's a hollywood blockbuster. that formula depends on an antagonist. lul.

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    it's a hollywood blockbuster. that formula depends on an antagonist. lul.
    Itll be Ares... its a world war. Shes trying to stop a WAR. One of her nemesis is literally named THE GOD OF WAR. Now that they dropped Zack Snyders, we dont need trailers showing the fucking villain instantly and spoiling 90% of the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder Woman is a very important movie for DC Entertainment. If it is successful, it will mark the first non-Batman and non-Superman DC superhero movie that achieves blockbuster status. After the disappointing Green Lantern film, this is especially needed if they expect to compete with Marvel Studios in the genre. I'm all for competition... it usually yields better products. WW also represents the one thing DC has up on Marvel right now... a female superhero solo film.

I just want this movie to be decent. BVS was such a huge letdown....

But I'm not familiar with the director's work (other than a few episodes of The Killing) and Allan Heinberg's work is awful primetime television dreck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I just want this movie to be decent. BVS was such a huge letdown....

But I'm not familiar with the director's work (other than a few episodes of The Killing) and Allan Heinberg's work is awful primetime television dreck.
    Patty Jenkins directed Monster which won an Oscar for Charlize Theron.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanni View Post
    wut
    Iron man, spiderman, batman, captain america etc. All heroes Wonder Woman or Thor would wipe the floor with.... Hulk and Superman are the only hero that are beyond her capability that made it to the big screen successfuly. I mean i guess we can count that shitty 80s super girl movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Iron man, spiderman, batman, captain america etc. All heroes Wonder Woman or Thor would wipe the floor with.... Hulk and Superman are the only hero that are beyond her capability that made it to the big screen successfuly. I mean i guess we can count that shitty 80s super girl movie.
    They won't make movie Wonder Woman more powerful than movie Thor, even in his mortal mode rather than Asgardian mode. In his Asgardian mode in the comics, he'd completely destroy her.

So, its actually movie Hulk > movie Superman > movie Thor (almost certainly >) movie Wonder Woman.

Also, you're forgetting Jean Grey, even Thor would have a lot of trouble with her planet level mind powers which are far greater than Professor Xavier's. So, a mortal/movie Thor would be toast. I'd be surprised if Wonder Woman was not too.

Silver Surfer, Dr. Manhattan, Superman, some X-Men like Jean Grey (Phoenix) Apocalypse are some that are stronger than WW. MCU Thor and Hulk are too slow, they will just be cut to pieces by movie Diana. Someone like Hancock seemed super strong too.
    Last edited by Essem; 2016-07-27 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    Silver Surfer, Dr. Manhattan, Superman, some X-Men like Jean Grey (Phoenix) Apocalypse are some that are stronger than WW. MCU Thor and Hulk are too slow, they will just be cut to pieces by Diana.
    Apocalypse is a villain not a hero.

Ooh, you sneaked in a star level hero there with Silver Surfer! You're completely right there, he could terminate with extreme prejudice almost all non-immortals, and mostly certainly Wonder Woman. However, that's kinda cheating, since he's a hero with nothing whatsoever to do with human or human-like at all.

But movie Hulk, no way, even there he's a planet level hero. She'd be eviscerated unless she managed to somehow either knock him out during transformation or imprison him. There's literally nothing she can do that can injure him enough to defeat him, unless they pull in some fancy Amazonian tech or god magic.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-07-27 at 10:33 PM.