Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

because nintendo said its not being sold for a loss but that it will still be affordable for families with a competitive price.

yes, they are slight. because it isnt a new gen and it isnt real 4k its just upscaled. for most games it will just give better fps.
    Microsoft claims native 4k on the XboxOne Scrop and sony hasn't said what it will be.

So please do provide proof its only upscaled.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Are...are you serious? I'm completely confused as to why on earth you think this is a thing that would ever happen in any reality.
    nintendo filed a patent for it. as shown above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Microsoft claims native 4k on the XboxOne Scrop
    no they dont. the scorpio isnt going to be over 1000 dollars..
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Yes, it's an image showing that the console is capable of connecting with other consoles and dedicated servers. Like every console has been able to do for many, many years.

I'm not sure how you get slaving others hardware to supplement power from that, seems to simply show that it can communicate with other devices. You know, online play.

--snip--
    Ya that would totally be cheap....

It would be oculus rift levels of cheap. Also consoles can already do that but what your saying they will do won't be cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

no they dont. the scorpio isnt going to be over 1000 dollars..
    I think sony filed a patent to make ur pee smell like roses so why is such a product not on the market?????

Because company's file patents all day long and most don't even make it to testing.

So you know everything the Scorpio can and can't do? Do you own one and your just under NDA or something?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's an image showing that the console is capable of connecting with other consoles and dedicated servers. Like every console has been able to do for many, many years.

I'm not sure how you get slaving others hardware to supplement power from that, seems to simply show that it can communicate with other devices. You know, online play.
    That's only the picture of the patent. If you read it (and understand it), it states that it could draw processing power by connecting to other nearby devices via cloud. I think there was a maximum number of 3, but it was a bit confusing. Some tech savvy individual on Neogaf ELI5'd it for everyone.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

no its showing that you can share your devices power

[0007] FIG. 5 illustrates a flow diagram of a process for providing some form of compensation to a user who shares resources of a supplemental computing device coupled to a game console of the user to other users in a network.

Detailed descriptions

[0009] In some instances, a supplemental computing device may also be used by other "remote" game consoles--or game consoles that do not locally (e.g., physically) couple to the supplemental computing device. For instance, the supplemental computing device may include a wireless communication interface (or may utilize the wireless communication interface of its local game console) to communicate with the remote game consoles over a network. The remote game consoles may then use the processing and/or storage resources of the supplemental computing device similar to how the local game console utilizes these resources, albeit in a wireless manner.

[0013] In some instances, a user may be compensated based on an amount (e.g., time, raw resources, etc.) that the user shares his or her supplemental computing device or indicates that he or she is willing to share the supplemental computing device. This compensation may comprise any form of value, include access (e.g., time) to other supplemental computing devices maintained by other users, discounts on games, access to certain game content, points for redemption for digital or physical goods, information for display (e.g., as a badge) on a social network, or the like.

[0020] In instances where a game console utilizes resources from a remote supplemental computing device, the game console may couple to a supplemental computing device that is relatively "close" within a network. That is, the game console 102, or the coupled supplemental computing device 104, may identify other supplemental computing devices that have a threshold connection strength with the game console 102 or the supplemental computing device 104, or through which communications between the respective endpoints are less than a network latency threshold. By coupling to these devices, the techniques described herein limit the latency between the devices. The other supplemental computing devices could be within a relatively short distance (e.g. within the same household, building, or neighborhood) or could be some distance away. In some embodiments, the network distance can affect the types of functionality that the supplemental computing devices may provide. Network distance can be a measurement of latency between the game console and the respective supplemental computing device and/or the actual or estimated number of network hops between the console and the network computing device, for example. Thus in terms of network distance, a network computing device that is "close" has relatively low latency or hops, and one that is "far away" has relatively large latency or numbers of hops. Relatively close supplemental computing devices may be able to provide services at a nearly real-time speed (e.g. processing real-time graphics and sound effects), while relatively far away devices may only be able to provide asynchronous or supplementary support to the events occurring on the console (e.g. providing for weather effects in games, artificial intelligence (AI), etc.). In some cases the supplementary support provided by the supplemental computing devices could be based on a best-effort basis. For example, in a computer chess game, some amount of onboard AI may be possible on board the console to provide relatively quick analysis, but supplemental computing devices may perform additional AI analysis. If the additional analysis is not received from the supplemental computing devices within a threshold time, the console can use what is available to it (e.g. the analysis done by the console or by any supplemental computing device that has returned its respective AI analysis).

[0023] As described in further detail below, a game console may also couple to multiple supplemental computing devices to even further increase capabilities of the resulting game system. For instance, multiple supplemental devices may be daisy-chained to one another and/or the game console may be physically coupled or wirelessly coupled to other supplemental computing devices.

The example console (just for reference)

[0024] FIG. 2 illustrates select example components of the game console 102 and the supplemental computing device 104 from FIG. 1. The game console 102 may take the form of any suitable type of computing device, e.g., mobile, semi-mobile, semi-stationary, or stationary. Some examples of a game console may include a "dedicated game console" in which the sole or primary purpose is to cause output (e.g., visually and audibly) of games for play by a user, potentially with use of a remote control, but potentially without. The game console may include its own display and/or be configured to be easily connected to external displays like televisions and projectors. In other instances, game consoles may take the form of tablet computing devices, smart phones or mobile communication devices, laptops, netbooks and other portable computers or semi-portable computers, desktop computing devices, terminal computing devices and other semi-stationary or stationary computing devices, wearable computing devices, or other body-mounted computing devices, or other computing devices capable of sending communications and performing the functions according to the techniques described herein.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1150086
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    That's only the picture of the patent. If you read it (and understand it), it states that it could draw processing power by connecting to other nearby devices via cloud. I think there was a maximum number of 3, but it was a bit confusing. Some tech savvy individual on Neogaf ELI5'd it for everyone.
    Yes, but processing power via cloud computing does stuff like manage the AI in games like Titanfall and Halo 5 online, and manages world destruction in the up coming crackdown. It does not boost graphical fidelity in any way shape or form, just takes a minor load off of the system itself by computing something for it that can be done server side.

Am I the only one finding it hilarious that Immitis still thinks everything Nintendo filed a patent on in the last 2 years is going to be in NX?

no its showing that you can share your devices power
    And bet you think this is real as well.

Once agian Eurogamer has reported its a single device. You are saying its two devices.

But for giggles lets say you are right, that would make it cost as much as a ps4 current. THAT ISN'T CHEAP.....

Also all that the "Cloud" will do is deal with shit like AI. It will NOT give you a graphic boost.

Ya that would totally be cheap....

It would be oculus rift levels of cheap. Also consoles can already do that but what your saying they will do won't be cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

I think sony filed a patent to make ur pee smell like roses so why is such a product not on the market?????

Because company's file patents all day long and most don't even make it to testing.

So you know everything the Scorpio can and can't do? Do you own one and your just under NDA or something?
    do you have any comprehension of how much 4k gaming costs right now? even 1080s cant do good solid fps at 4k.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Am I the only one finding it hilarious that Immitis still thinks everything Nintendo filed a patent on in the last 2 years is going to be in NX?
    Nope I think its funny as well.

He thinks a patent failed 2 years ago holds more credit then a report just yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but processing power via cloud computing does stuff like manage the AI in games like Titanfall and Halo 5 online, and manages world destruction in the up coming crackdown. It does not boost graphical fidelity in any way shape or form, just takes a minor load off of the system itself by computing something for it that can be done server side.

Oh wow, that's very interesting in itself. It would make online gameplay pretty damn neat if it comes to fruition. Regardless, the handheld + docking station/SCD = more power is a thing that's being showcased in the same patent..and here we are with this (credible) rumor on what the NX is. All I'm saying is that it's very likely that that's what this thing will be. A hybrid capable of keeping up with current gen systems and future proofing itself on the console side.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

do you have any comprehension of how much 4k gaming costs right now? even 1080s cant do good solid fps at 4k.
    Do you understand that consoles can push hardware more far then PC's can? Why do you think we get games as graphic demanding as Bloodborn and they run 1080p/30fps on a moble CPU.

Also ummm...1080s can in infact do a solid 4k and hell even the GTX 980 can and the GTX 970 can on some games.

The Division, Ultra, SMAA, DX11 - 00:02
    The Witcher 3, Max Settings, Post AA, No HairWorks, DX11 - 01:38
    Rise of the Tomb Raider, Ultra, SMAA, DX12 - 02:42
    Ashes of the Singularity, Extreme, No MSAA, DX11 - 03:59
    Far Cry Primal, Ultra, SMAA, DX11 - 05:37
    Hitman, Ultra, SMAA, DX12 - 06:25
    Project Cars, Ultra, SMAA - 08:17
    Assassin's Creed Unity, Ultra High, FXAA - 08:55
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-07-26 at 05:32 PM.

youve been wrong multiple times about the nx. you didnt even think it would be announced this year until nintendo said it would be. im simply pointing out ways its possible for the nx to have better performance using things that are actually from nintendo. is it how they'll do it? maybe, maybe not, but it shows that it is possible.

Eurogamer also said Nintendo realizes the confusion from Wii U marketing and wants the message to be clear.

Meanwhile Immitis thinks there is going to be all these different kind of skus and addons for the thing LMAO.

Also Nintendo remember what launching a handheld at $250 did, it bombed and it bombed hard. Let alone when sony tried to launch one at $299.99. This thing is looking at a $199.99 price tag for sure.

Good thing Immitis is not the Nintendo CEO, they would be bankrupt in a year(if that's even possible with their stockpile, he would find a way to spend it all on stupid ideas).

- - - Updated - - -

youve been wrong multiple times about the nx. you didnt even think it would be announced this year until nintendo said it would be.
    Prove it my man.

Do you understand that consoles can push hardware more far then PC's can? Why do you think we get games as graphic demanding as Bloodborn and they run 1080p/30fps on a moble CPU.

Also ummm...1080s can in infact do a solid 4k and hell even the GTX 980 can and the GTX 970 can on some games.
    there is not a single game on the ps4 or xbox one that my pc cant play better and at higher fidelity.

consoles dont "push hardware more" devs just get better at optimizing for them because they have one set of hardware they program for over 6 years. neo and scorpio arent going to make devs have an easier time optimizing things.

No, the image you first linked just shows an online network. The more recent images show what you're actually talking about, and looking through the further information that makes more sense.

Even so, I can't imagine a world in which Nintendo would think that consumers would find this acceptable. Either way, with current networks and tech it's not really that feasible. Remember all those times Microsoft hyped up how Azure servers would give the Xbone far more graphical fidelity through simultaneous cloud computing? When they were talking up to 3 Xbones worth of computing power? Yeah, about that...

I'm sorry, but if Microsoft can't manage to deliver it on a single game in 3 years I can't see Nintendo coming close to delivering what that patent lays out. Seems very much like one of the many, many, many patents for the sake of patenting something.

Eurogamer also said Nintendo realizes the confusion from Wii U marketing and wants the message to be clear.

Meanwhile Immitis thinks there is going to be all these different kind of skus and addons for the thing LMAO.
    what is unclear about one part being a handheld and one part being a console?

all they have to say is you can play your games on the tv with better graphics and people will immediately know what it is.

also im not digging through all your posts the past year just to prove a point i have better things to do with my life

there is not a single game on the ps4 or xbox one that my pc cant play better and at higher fidelity.

consoles dont "push hardware more" devs just get better at optimizing for them because they have one set of hardware they program for over 6 years. neo and scorpio arent going to make devs have an easier time optimizing things.
    OMG wtf does the bolded have to do with anything??????

Take the hardware that is in a PS4 or XB1 and build a PC out of it. Then try to run Witcher 3 and tell us how that works out.

OMG wtf does the bolded have to do with anything??????

Take the hardware that is in a PS4 or XB1 and build a PC out of it. Then try to run Witcher 3 and tell us how that works out.
    would work out just like a ps4 if i was running the same software on the hardware.

what is unclear about one part being a handheld and one part being a console?

all they have to say is you can play your games on the tv with better graphics and people will immediately know what it is.

also im not digging through all your posts the past year just to prove a point i have better things to do with my life
    What part of it won't be cheap if they do that are you not understanding?

They ether A) Sell together at a loss and it still isn't cheap or B) sell it separately and one of them dies due to lack of sells.

XboxOne Kinect is a perfect example on WHY you don't do it separately or bundled and make it cost a fuck ton.