Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    the real question should be when are they going to take out the Legendaries from Vanilla, BC, Wrath and Cata?

The Cloak and Ring feel a lot more rewarding since you cant get them anymore.

Omaigosh, they remove one questline which was available for 2 years. Focken Blizzard, they remove content whenever they can!

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    SIX: since the current WoW dev team really SUXXX donkey balls at creating new original good content it is a mystery to me why they are even removing content that others created with such love and care the new devs seem incapable of...
    The dev team isn't the one making decisions on what they keep/remove/change, they simply do as they're ordered.
    And Legion has more legendaries than all previous expansions combined (not including artifacts).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    It is stupid that they take it out so snowflakes can stroke it on how superior they think they are.

At least leave the quest chain in there so you can do the achievement
    If you think this is the reason, you must be really delusional.
    It's a reward for doing the content when it matters.

If you think people are "pretending to be superior" by having the ring post-WoD, then why care at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    The dev team isn't the one making decisions on what they keep/remove/change, they simply do as they're ordered.
    And Legion has more legendaries than all previous expansions combined (not including artifacts).
    It's not about obtaining legendaries, I don't particularly like the legendaries galore concept of Legion, it's about beautiful content and stories that are being removed.
    The term "devs" for me includes everyone that is involved in making the game, not only one single dude...

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    The legendary ring (and cloak) is/was very accessible, but they should really keep the story in game, makes no sense indeed that some people may miss out on Khadgar's epicness and the little tidbits of lore (and seeing those old, old characters from pre-WoW games).
    Now I'm starting to feel like I should've done this quest past Skyreach.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its one of the ways to force people to sub at least for 2-3 months during expansion to get it done - they are afraid that people wouldnt play it at all only be doin it 4-5 years later.

if game is shit then devs have to do stuff like this to up sub numbers
    You sir, reached all time low of idiocy. Sorry for somewhat flaming, but thats ridiculous. You arent forced to do anything. Say it with me slowly- You, are not, forced, to do, the, legendary, quest line, at all, ever. Nobody has a gun to your head, nobody but yourself is making you do the legendary quest line. I never finished the WoD legendary questline and thats because the only person who decides if I do it or not is me.

The only person that decides whether you do the questline or not is yourself. Nobody is forcing you. Not blizzard, not your mom whose basement your obviously dwelling in, not anyone. Stop blaming Blizzard for your addiction to WoW, they arent forcing you to play and they arent forcing you to do the quest line unless they have a gun to your head, but they dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    That's what WoWWiki is for. Or Youtube. Let's be honest, anyone that didn't play Warlords and finish their ring does not care one potato about the quest storyline. I certainly don't.

And here I thought the OP had a legitimate complaint, like removing an entire raid tier. Nope. A crappy, outdated quest chain. They removed the quest lines for hunters and priests in Cataclysm for their level 60 epic weapons. Sometimes, stuff just gets retired. Sunrise, sunset. As long as you're having fun in current content, what the hell does it even matter? Exactly.
    Because reading up shit instead of experiencing it yourself is so fun and awesome. In a game where most complaints come from lack of content. Each. Goddamn. Expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Omaigosh, they remove one questline which was available for 2 years. Focken Blizzard, they remove content whenever they can!
    Apparently, you did not read a word from whole thread. If a friend of you or anyone else pick up WoW in 2 months from now, get chopped content, no matter how many years old is. The are a lot of examples, I just pointed major ones.. I can remind you warlock quest line for mount, or paladin one.. and so on. If you don't give a crap about quest and about beautiful world that is inside WoW you can buy a legal a character boost to lvl 100 from Blizzard store and your good to go wherever you like. So, why you argue about old content? Old content was golden.. I play from 2004, I know what I say.

So...why not leave the stuff like old CMs and Legendary quests in the game. Convert the rewards into a new type of heirloom item, and leave the original items as a cosmetic xmog for the special snowflakes so they don't get butthurt over their "accomplishments being diminished"(as though ANY of that crap matters in the current xpack).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post

So far, whole legendary quest line from Pandaria, and now from Draenor. I don't understand what's the reason exactly.

If you make a new char, or start WoW now as new player, you lose one of the best quest chain from the expansion. I don't get it. Is only for that achievement so much noise or what? Seriously, elitists can take a break, I am taking about a beautiful game here chopped with no real reason.
    what content? you mean the quests? because its unique? and its story you can find online, and the quests themselves are just meh, or ok at best
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Use legendaries that aren't current in timewalking dungeons. It's relevant again.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Timed events are good for the game, makes certain aspects actually feel a bit special.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    They said this was for rewarding current players with something speshil that no one else has.
    I can agree with that, easily. I have no problems with them removing the rewards.

It's just the laziness of ripping out huge questlines that tell the story of the expansion. Just put different rewards in, like a recolored mount or something. New players should be able to get the interaction with Wrathion and Khadgar in the future, while playing.

The legendary quest lines are far too integral to the WoD and mop story to be removed. They should just remove the legendary ring itself but keep the questline active.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    The quest was available for what? Two years?

If you didn't do it during that time oh well. Try for whatever they have going in the next expansion.
    So new players who start in Legion, just fuck them, right? Or players who are returning after quitting in Wrath or Cata.

Now they get to level through content where the story isn't fully told. That's just great design, ain't it?

But hey, you got yours, so fuck everyone else, amirite?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So...why not leave the stuff like old CMs and Legendary quests in the game. Convert the rewards into a new type of heirloom item, and leave the original items as a cosmetic xmog for the special snowflakes so they don't get butthurt over their "accomplishments being diminished"(as though ANY of that crap matters in the current xpack).
    Well, I think it's obvious, the current dev team doesn't care much about old content, and just want to funnel everyone into the latest, with the character boost. It's easier, for one. No matter how much Ion talks about leveling being broken, their actions pretty much tell you all you need to know - if you want to play the previous expansions, they don't care. You're on your own. Didn't get the whole story? Tough luck - it was easier for them to rip the whole thing out than rebuild it with a non-legendary reward.

same as vanilla? there was an epic hugely long grindy AQ gate opening questline, thats gone from the game, that rewarded the only legendary mount in the game if you did it within 12? 24? hours of the first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Use legendaries that aren't current in timewalking dungeons. It's relevant again.
    as long as you don't use the legendary ring it's pure trash, the 715 one is better 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    same as vanilla? there was an epic hugely long grindy AQ gate opening questline, thats gone from the game, that rewarded the only legendary mount in the game if you did it within 12? 24? hours of the first.
    That questline is probably one of the most epic they've ever done. And, correct me if I'm wrong, it was removed finally because of the Cata changes removed or changed locations for the quests, and it was going to be difficult to rebuild it? It wasn't just a random decision to remove it, if I recall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    That questline is probably one of the most epic they've ever done. And, correct me if I'm wrong, it was removed finally because of the Cata changes removed or changed locations for the quests, and it was going to be difficult to rebuild it? It wasn't just a random decision to remove it, if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    yeh it was epic even if i did do it at 80, and it was indeed removed because of cata screwing it all up, but then again the reward was already gone, you got nothing the mount reward was gone years ago.

i think if blizzard kept the questline in and removed the reward the playerbase would go ape shit now, but no-one is really making a huge deal about the scarab mount so it's best they stick to letting everyone know it's going and remove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because they like to cause special snowflake syndrome in their players.

I'm still pissed they removed the cloak questline, I really enjoyed it and wanted to replay it when the grinding became much easier (As in when the raids became soloable and I didn't have to do LFR a thousand times for my last titan runestone that refused to drop). Pity they're doing it to the ring too. It sucks when they remove content.