Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Politifact: Democrats never mentioned terrorism on Day One of DNC

Republicans’ claim that Democrats did not mention terrorism or ISIL on the first night of the Democratic National Convention is correct, Politifact said Tuesday morning.

Following Monday night’s speeches, Republicans blasted the Democrats for a lack of focus on terrorism from the 61 speakers.
    Story Continued Below

“Based on our searches of C-SPAN closed-captioning text, Congressional Quarterly transcripts and other video archiving services, we couldn’t find any speaker who mentioned "ISIS," "Islamic" "terror," "terrorist," or "terrorism" during the first day of the convention,” Politifact wrote.

The fact-checking website did add the caveat that the Democrats still have three days to discuss terrorism at the convention and the first day of the convention was not meant to focus on foreign policy. Additionally, Hillary Clinton on Monday called for action against ISIL at a rally in Charlotte, North Carolina.

“We need to lead other countries in stopping ISIS, Al Qaeda, and other radical jihadist groups,” she said. "We shouldn’t leave that to the rest of the world to figure out on their own. That won’t keep us safe."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...vention-226202

They didn't discuss it on day 1 of a multi day convention.

Oh the shock and horror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Well it's not really a big issue in the USA right now, so I guess that makes sense.

You think they would to distract from all the email scandals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Well it's not really a big issue in the USA right now, so I guess that makes sense.
    Yeah, that night club shooting, I'm over it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Republicans’ claim that Democrats did not mention terrorism or ISIL on the first night of the Democratic National Convention is correct, Politifact said Tuesday morning.
    If this is the best criticism the GoP can come up with they are in far worse shape than I thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You think they would to distract from all the email scandals.

- - - Updated - - -

best way to distract from this email stuff is just to not mention it, most the voters dont care, and the other lot will forget about it pretty quick, so just dont mention it and it wont do much harm

10+ Year Old Account
    But if they don't chant it, how will we know to be afraid and buy guns?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Republicans are a bunch of fearmongering sons of bitches. If they would die from a terrorist attack I would laugh my ass off.

Don't bash political parties
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-07-26 at 06:08 PM.

Thats a good thing the last we need is to bomb more in hte middle east. really if you cant see how wrong US politics have been on these issues for the last 25 years i feel sorry for you. US attacks and bombings is what created ISIS,

The removal of Saddam in Iraq and the lack of religious knowledge reignited a 1400 year old conflict in the region. And that conflict is spreading across the world. And i can promise you, bombing it away is impossible. It will just generate more determined terrorists in even larger numbers.

The fact-checking website did add the caveat that the Democrats still have three days to discuss terrorism at the convention and the first day of the convention was not meant to focus on foreign policy. Additionally, Hillary Clinton on Monday called for action against ISIL at a rally in Charlotte, North Carolina.
    so..the end of thi click bate thread?

NM the usual will chime in on how Hillary is a traitor, spawn of satan, ect for 5 pages

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging from the lineup of speakers there will be plenty of discussion about terrorist and the middle east.

If you are looking for a non-stop lineup of fear-mongering about terrorism then you should re-watch the RNC.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are reaching locked out. Also its very rich that Republicans complain about lack of policy in the DNC speeches.

not enough fear mongering!

Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    The Republicans are a bunch of fearmongering sons of bitches. If they would die from a terrorist attack I would laugh my ass off.

And they will go you stopped us from open carry in this place and this is what happens. if all of us had been allowed to carry the AR-15 nothing would have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    They didn't discuss it on day 1 of a multi day convention.

Oh the shock and horror.
    You can hand waive it's expected.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    A relatively small incident in comparison to the numerous daily shootings. Hell you are more likely to die in a car accident.

<grabs popcorn>

Hey look everyone....It's a strawman!!
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    You are reaching locked out. Also its very rich that Republicans complain about lack of policy in the DNC speeches.
    I'm reaching? It's an article on Politifact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, Republicans didn't mention climate change once at the entire convention.

But on topic, I don't really have a problem with this. I'd certainly expect them to mention it a bit in the coming days.
    Eat yo vegetables

From what little I caught of the DNC, it was fucking tragic. "Echo chamber" is a more accurate title for the event. "Trump r evil!" for several minutes is all I can take from this shit show.

I don't know what the RNC was like(because I didn't watch it at all), but I can imagine it being similar to DNC.

WTB: Intelligent human beings in politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.