Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many Americans have faced an actual terrorist attack in the past 10 years, on a per-capita basis? It's just really not the expansive threat people make it out to be. Sure, the attacks that do happen are tragic, but for example, in 2015, toddlers killed more people in the USA than terrorists did. Why didn't the DNC mention the "threat" of armed toddlers?

7+ Year Old Account
    People are funny with the "fear-mongering" thing.

I think today they are supposed to have a few mothers come up and basically tell us how horrible police are and how police want to murder minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    The Republicans are a bunch of fearmongering sons of bitches. If they would die from a terrorist attack I would laugh my ass off.
    I was waiting for the progressive approach of wishing death on someone.

Deleted
    okay the DNC is a joke, but is this really the best criticism the opposition can think up?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Judging from the lineup of speakers there will be plenty of discussion about terrorist and the middle east.

If you are looking for a non-stop lineup of fear-mongering about terrorism then you should re-watch the RNC.
    RNC and the GOP have nothing but fear to sell you. and having GOP frontrunner saying we need to stop shipping jobs overseas is rich, it is GOP economy plan for the last 45 years we see the fruits of when good paying jobs are gone. Really if you fall for the GOP nonsense from Trump here you deserve to lose your job really you do. since GOP have been against stopping taxcuts to corporations that ships jobs overseas just as recently as in the last session of congress.

That tells you all you need to know about GOP and the lies they are spreading in this years presidential election. smoke and mirrors and fear the arabs and the mexicans and the black and fear something more as well.

Only fearmongering and not a single solution to any of the problems we have, just typical right wing nonsense in other words

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    best way to distract from this email stuff is just to not mention it, most the voters dont care, and the other lot will forget about it pretty quick, so just dont mention it and it wont do much harm
    Yeah, why should people care about a corrupt party and gross incompetence in a person that's going to be the "leader of the free world". I sure don't! /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    The Republicans are a bunch of fearmongering sons of bitches. If they would die from a terrorist attack I would laugh my ass off.
    We can only hope you and your family never have to experience this type of loss...
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The fact-checking website did add the caveat that the Democrats still have three days to discuss terrorism at the convention and the first day of the convention was not meant to focus on foreign policy. Additionally, Hillary Clinton on Monday called for action against ISIL at a rally in Charlotte, North Carolina.

“We need to lead other countries in stopping ISIS, Al Qaeda, and other radical jihadist groups,” she said. "We shouldn’t leave that to the rest of the world to figure out on their own. That won’t keep us safe."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...vention-226202
    The one and only reason she mentioned it was because she was speaking in front of an audience of veterans at a VFW, so of course she had to pander to them

10+ Year Old Account
    Things that frighten me more than Islamic terrorism:

Heart attacks (because I don't eat as healthy as I should)
    Car crashes (because I commute and drive a lot, and often in snow or when tired.)
    Eviction (because my budget is tight enough that sometimes paying rent is difficult.)
    Any sort of mechanical accident (I work around aircraft and supporting equipment, so anything from being ingested into an engine to electrical shock from a GPU is a daily threat.)

Sure, Orlando was recent, sure 9-11 was horrible, but the odds of me dying in a terror event are slim and so random, there's little I can do to prepare, so why bother? There are more threats out there from disease, accidents, stupidity, that are far more common and far more real to me.

So why do I need to be reminded by the political parties that represent me of a distant and relatively rare threat, when there are far more pressing issues that can damage my health and way of life?
    Putin khuliyo

best way to distract from this email stuff is just to not mention it, most the voters dont care, and the other lot will forget about it pretty quick, so just dont mention it and it wont do much harm
    Look at the recent poll data, I think they care

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I was waiting for the progressive approach of wishing death on someone.
    IF someone had killed them earlier, there would be a good chance ISIS would've never existed. I firmly believe that the world would be a better place without them.

I mean, come on. they are following a man that openly advocates war crimes. and I can't wish death upon them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    A relatively small incident in comparison to the numerous daily shootings. Hell you are more likely to die in a car accident.
    Shooting in a high crime area vs a nightclub is a huge difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    From what little I caught of the DNC, it was fucking tragic. "Echo chamber" is a more accurate title for the event. "Trump r evil!" for several minutes is all I can take from this shit show.

I don't know what the RNC was like(because I didn't watch it at all), but I can imagine it being similar to DNC.

WTB: Intelligent human beings in politics.
    RNC wasn't much different. It was "Clinton r evil!"
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Yeah, why should people care about a corrupt party and gross incompetence in a person that's going to be the "leader of the free world". I sure don't! /s
    im not saying they shouldn't care, just that a lot probably wont, so the best tactic for the dnc here is to just act like it never happened

okay the DNC is a joke, but is this really the best criticism the opposition can think up?

They want a contest of who can bomb the sand hardest in the middle east. and i have no doubt trump will start a nuclear war in the world.

And Nato members are rightfully very concerned about trumps talking as of late since he is showing thru as very weak on Russia and that is not something that your fellow nato members in the Baltic states are approving of. It puts a serious doubt into if NATO will respond as they should if Russia does attack to steal the baltic states back into big russia again where they where up until the fall of the CCCP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    not enough fear mongering!
    Seems too many of you dont even know what fearmongering is. IF something is scary but true its not fearmongering. ISIS exists and has been making attacks every week around the world including in the US (we have had 4 attacks (that we know of) in the last 6 months). Fearmongering is making shit up to scare people and nobody was doing that at the RNC

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    So when are either party going to address the problem of high crime areas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    But being randomly shot in a nightclub is absurdly rare. Orlando was shocking and devastating, and I won't say ISIS isn't a threat, but it isn't nearly as much of a threat, on American soil, as people make it out to be.
    Putin khuliyo

Of course our resident White-Supremacist sympathiser, Lockedout, would promote this as some fearmongering bullshit. They will... DNC doesn't fearmonger like you and your racist klansmen do.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-07-26 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Echo chamber" is a more accurate title for the event.
    you must be unfamiliar with the concept of a party convention. An echo chamber is basically what it is supposed to be.