View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    True, if you "can't" raid because of the change, that is false or you are doing something wrong.

IMO the new camera distance is better to watch on a stream than the old. With the old view everything was like a top down view that looked more like an old 2d game. Now many players are using more of an angle to be able to see select things, there is gameplay in this. As I said before, if you are not a keyboard turning clicker, this will make you an even better player than the average.
    ....So you're defending this change because it makes it better for you to watch other people play the game?

What, i don't even.
    What?

Also, running around in Highmountain on the paths with tree cover over them looks far better zoomed in than it did zoomed out. Sure it's my "opinion" that not seeing just a bunch of leaves because I'm zoomed out past the tree cover is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit a game over Max camera distance?

A bit of an over reaction.

My vote was it is fine and will play Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    ....So you're defending this change because it makes it better for you to watch other people play the game?

What, i don't even.
    What?
    I do both. Thanks for asking.

Non-issue is non-issue.

Also, running around in Highmountain on the paths with tree cover over them looks far better zoomed in than it did zoomed out. Sure it's my "opinion" that not seeing just a bunch of leaves because I'm zoomed out past the tree cover is a good thing.
    Why were you zoomed out then in the open world
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    Nothing at all wrong with the change to the camera distance, as many of us have been playing with the regular camera (not maxzoom 50) for years, and so much hyperbole surrounding it.

The change is fine, and it's time for people to #AdaptOrQuit.
    Yea, no. The change isn't fine. You're probably the same troll on the official forums spouting the same stupid shit. If you don't like being zoomed that far out, then DON'T ZOOM THAT FAR OUT. It's simple. But stop pretending like taking options away from players is okay.

After someone pointed out there's actually a max distance slider in the options, I logged in and tried it out ... wasn't aware that it existed.

I take back my previous statement that Blizzard overdid it a bit. It's an absolute non-issue. The current maximum distance is absolutely sufficient. Anyone whining about it is either a) unaware of the slider setting like a was or b) a ridiculous clown who's complaining for the sake of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Saishan View Post
    Even after changing to far in the interface max zoom is less than half what many of us have been using with the CVar command for years and years and before someone says it was an exploit or similar rubbish Blue's and GM's have been suggesting people use it for years.
    First time I remember using the console command for this was back on Loot Reaver in The Eye to watch out for (whatever that spark/orb thing was called). I cant say I have zoomed that far out regularly since then - but I cant see why they need to change it. Personally I have it set to max on the slider - but most of the time I am zoomed in a bit further with my mouse wheel and change as needed. Really though for me (both melee and ranged) the current slider is more than adequate.

I can see for those that were totally used to always being far..... this is a big change though and with no clear reason why it makes it worse to accept.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean quit already if you're that unhappy. They obviously capped it because that's their vision for the game. Vote with your wallet. I have been raiding and enjoying the game fine with the changes. Sure it took a little getting used to, but damn... it really isn't even that big of a deal. Literally had zero impact on my ability to tank and not stand in shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Why were you zoomed out then in the open world
    Because I don't want to re adjust the camera after each 5man or raid. Yet another reason this is a good change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    After someone pointed out there's actually a max distance slider in the options, I logged in and tried it out ... wasn't aware that it existed.

I take back my previous statement that Blizzard overdid it a bit. It's an absolute non-issue. The current maximum distance is absolutely sufficient. Anyone whining about it is either a) unaware of the slider setting like a was or b) a ridiculous clown who's complaining for the sake of it!
    Hey, look! Someone who has no basis of a comparison trying to pass off their uneducated opinion as fact. Super cute!

Just get a 4k Monitor, then you actually see adds as soon as they reach cast range! No need for the old max camera. Cant afford a 4k Monitor? Well you are fucked then.

Quote Originally Posted by burlap View Post
    Yea, no. The change isn't fine. You're probably the same troll on the official forums spouting the same stupid shit. If you don't like being zoomed that far out, then DON'T ZOOM THAT FAR OUT. It's simple. But stop pretending like taking options away from players is okay.
    Yeah, the change is fine.

If you don't like to fly, then DON'T USE YOUR FLYING MOUNTS.

This camera distance change is a non-issue. The change is good.

Stop pretending that the horrendous zoom allowed before the patch was in any way required to play.

Yes, I'm posting in the Legion beta forums in support of this change. I'm also posting my support of this change to them via Facebook, twitter, and the in-game suggestion feature.

This is a change I will do everything I can to ensure doesn't get reverted with the same fervor I used to help see that their stance on flight in WoD got changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    Yeah, the change is fine.

If you don't like to fly, then DON'T USE YOUR FLYING MOUNTS.

This camera distance change is a non-issue. The change is good.

Stop pretending that the horrendous zoom allowed before the patch was in any way required to play.

Yes, I'm posting in the Legion beta forums in support of this change. I'm also posting my support of this change to them via Facebook, twitter, and the in-game suggestion feature.

This is a change I will do everything I can to ensure doesn't get reverted with the same fervor I used to help see that their stance on flight in WoD got changed.
    So you're pathetic. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by burlap View Post
    So you're pathetic. Got it.
    Nah, the pathetic ones are the people whining about this change.

This poll is proof now that people are just crying too much. Get over it and play the game or don't. I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    This poll is proof now that people are just crying too much. Get over it and play the game or don't. I don't care.
    Then get off the forums surrounding the subject. kthx

Because I don't want to re adjust the camera after each 5man or raid. Yet another reason this is a good change.
    This is why your zoom is by default bound to scroll, so it's convenient to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Not a big deal to me. Even if it was, I wouldnt quit legion over it. Its a really really stupid reason to quit. The world first raiders who this affected the most arent quitting over it, no reason why anyone else would need to.

I would have preferred if they just told everyone about it by making an announcement rather than removing it, but eh. I never knew about it prior to this and Ive raided heroic in Mop and a bit of mythic in WoD, so it doesnt really affect me since Im really used to the normal camera distance.