Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Well right now Disc is putting out more HPS than any other spec and doing a very big amount of DPS.
    It depends entirely on how good you are.
    Are you speaking of pre patch or beta? Pre Patch HPS/DPS isn't indicative how a class will play at 110. Far from it actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Are you speaking of pre patch or beta? Pre Patch HPS/DPS isn't indicative how a class will play at 110. Far from it actually.
    Pre patch, just like the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Kinda hard to make that claim right now. At this moment my Dpriest is outhealing all other healers and doing an additional 30k+ dps on all fights. Seems pretty strong for progression (pushing phases/mechanics, which was a very big part of progression in HFC).
    Do you have any public logs? I'd love to show pessimistic guildies some examples of the potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I haven't seen any videos that show Disc pulling ahead of the other healers in HPS. As stated by Blizzard, they are a support class now, so you won't really see that happening. Are they useless? No... but their HPS won't be higher and using meant to be.
    Blizzard has made plenty of statements in the past about classes which turned out to be wrong (mind spike, auspicious spirits, mistweaver monks).
    If Disc is going to be a new role (support) they need to add a support role to the dungeon/raid system. Otherwise all they will achieve is a weaker healer. Nothing else.
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithsonian View Post
    Do you have any public logs? I'd love to show pessimistic guildies some examples of the potential.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1P8xNKq7nMRVgQXY/

This is my raids Heroic HFC run. I tried my best to push out as much healing and dps as possible but since a few people were overgeared the encounters didn't last as long as normally.

Pre patch, just like the OP.
    OP Could be speaking about Beta feedback. It was a steep learning curve for me on Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    OP Could be speaking about Beta feedback. It was a steep learning curve for me on Beta.
    But why would he make the thread only now?
    And there's not much of a difference in terms of mechanical play between pre-patch and lvl 110, with the exception of artifact abilities.

No i dont have beta access, but i know how it plays at 110 i watch a lot of twitch streamers.

But why would he make the thread only now?
    And there's not much of a difference in terms of mechanical play between pre-patch and lvl 110, with the exception of artifact abilities.
    Some people got into the game late, and true it's very similar in terms of play style, minus our awesome possum artifact ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    No i dont have beta access, but i know how it plays at 110 i watch a lot of twitch streamers.
    That's fine, but this is disc's new playstyle. I actually like it.

I must say I've been very Anti-Disc since Late-Cata up until now. The spec had been messed up very badly and had a very low skill ceiling compared to others. As you got stronger all the other healers got weaker. I'm glad its gone but the damage is done, I myself quit healing due to how disc ruined the experience for other healers.

I even made a thread a long time ago when Demonology got the nerf hammer for no reason (There was a reason and it was the unannounced demon hunter) why didn't disc get nerfed like demonology. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ike-Demonology

I'm very glad to see the back of disc even as a tank now, so I'm sorry if spamming shields no longer makes you feel like top healer but seriously take a look at the healing meta as a whole 1 spec shouldn't be able to push out everyone else.
    Last edited by PhilUK; 2016-07-26 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Corrected my intention I meant old disc.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUK View Post
    I must say I've been very Anti-Disc since Late-Cata. The spec has been messed up very badly and had a very low skill ceiling compared to others. As you got stronger all the other healers got weaker. I'm glad its gone but the damage is done, I myself quit healing due to how disc ruined the experience for other healers.
    Kinda weird to post this now, when Disc is objectively the most difficult healing spec in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1P8xNKq7nMRVgQXY/

This is my raids Heroic HFC run. I tried my best to push out as much healing and dps as possible but since a few people were overgeared the encounters didn't last as long as normally.
    You are pushing your absolute max(90%+ in your bracket), which is around 30k dps and 40k hps, whereas your other healers are pretty much afking (ilvl bracket 5-40%). Logs like these are worthless unfortunately - you are basically solo or duohealing there.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, this is HFC - current content. You understand that it's much different in BETA and will be in Legion, yes? Disc aren't performing like this.
    I thought we were discussing the mechanics of disc priests, as the OP said?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You are pushing your absolute max(90%+ in your bracket), which is around 30k dps and 40k hps, whereas your other healers are pretty much afking (ilvl bracket 5-40%). Logs like these are worthless unfortunately - you are basically solo or duohealing there.
    Honestly there was no way for me to heal less, except by totally ignoring people and letting them die.
    I just pop atonement on some people and then start doing my rotation on the boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly there was no way for me to heal less, except by totally ignoring people and letting them die.
    I just pop atonement on some people and then start doing my rotation on the boss.
    Yes and the point is that if the other healers had been actually healing, your effective hps would have been 10k. Anyways, there wasn't really much to heal if all healers have 60% overhealing.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Completely agree - the other healers are playing terribly. I mean the holy priest took Circle of healing and also only cast prayer of mending 3 times the entire fight and only cast renew 4 times. You seriously think this log is representative?? The druid didn't cast regrowth once and only cast swiftmend 3 times - didn't even have a cast in the first 20 seconds of the fight. The monk only cast enveloping mist 2 times!!! Revival has been gutted and he cast it once and it was his number one heal with only 1 mill healing - pre-patch you could have 3-4 mill revivals.

These logs are such an awful way to try to say disc is top healing. It is misleading and will not help anyone.

Deleted
    I have no beta access but I've been playing some during the pre-patch.

First of all, out of the specs I've played, Disc is IMO by far the most difficult healer to play as. It's much more difficult than both Resto Shaman and WoD Disc Priest, at least. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was easily the most difficult healer spec in the game. Still, it's interesting. There are several potential rotations depending on what the situation calls for and Disc's performance still seems to be alright in mana preservation mode.

Disc's strongest aspect seems to be AoE fights. I believe that for those you would forego Schism and go with Castigation, multidotting with Purge The Wicked and casting Penance on cooldown while spending the rest of your time on spamming Atonements. Halo also does crazy amounts of damage and actually Atonement heals for the full amount(Divine Star's atonement only procs for the first hit). Because of these factors, I'm very doubtful about the perceived "difficulties" Disc would have in 5man dungeons. You have 8 Purges ticking and you barely need to do anything else in addition to that and PWS in scenarios where other healers wouldn't have to use special cooldowns, either.
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2016-07-26 at 06:09 PM.

I love the new disc playstyle but I don't agree with the changes. I would much prefer instead of completely change how the class played that they add more specs. instead they made it from one of the easiest classes in the game to play to one of the hardest.

on top of that they basically said in interviews if you don't like it well there is holy...

I understand the want to move away from absorption spells but I don't think they needed to destroy it so badly. like instead of rapture spirit shell would have felt better. sure rapture will be great with the tier but why cant the spell work well without tier...

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Do you guys think disc will be like this all of legion or will blizz will change it if they get enough negative feedback?
    Blizzard has come out and specifically said (back in the big community interviews they had) that they are perfectly fine with people not liking the new Disc. That is why they did it to priests and not to Monk (who had the hybrid style first during MoP) because if you don't like it then go Holy.

So no, complaining about it will not help unless you have legitimate issues with how certain spells interact with the kit and fantasy of Disc priests.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

disc is a wild card spec. it's a good spec, but too risky to take if you're progressing at world first level

because of the risk involved in using disc (over say, holy priests/resto druids/resto shamans) you are likely not to see them. it doesn't mean discs are in a bad spot, it's just that they are too risky to progress with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well right now Disc is putting out more HPS than any other spec and doing a very big amount of DPS.
    It depends entirely on how good you are.
    Not necessarily true. While disc can put out good numbers right now, the throughput potential of nearly every other class is much higher still. Just look at top logs for every fight in hfc pre patch. It's almost entirely mw, Druids, and pallies, with the occasional disc thrown in for every 30 of the other classes.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."