Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    yeah, would prolly sim overpower better than dauntless too with the legendary hand + iftk

The Mortal Strike gloves are real good. But I hate both them and the enrage helm for Fury. Because the spec obviously has to be balanced around them, and they are core resource mechanics. Both specs feel 100x better with those two legendaries as compared to without them. Arms is especially noticeable, and fury just becomes incredibly smooth with Rampage use once you get the helm.

Designing a specialization around a legendary item which randomly drops and you have to be a bit lucky to get it shows the quality of the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by By the sword View Post
    Designing a specialization around a legendary item which randomly drops and you have to be a bit lucky to get it shows the quality of the devs.
    Except they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Except they didn't.
    Yeap! Of course why would they? :P

Quote Originally Posted by By the sword View Post
    Yeap! Of course why would they? :P
    Because Blizzard has been consistently stubborn about how Arms should just generate rage through auto attacks and that 3+ second downtime's in ability uses are okay. The Gloves were added as an "optional" item for players who wanted some form of active rage generation.

Obviously the spec functions better with a rage generator. Anything that mechanically gives a player more control over their performance is going to feel better. Auto attacks are just a ridiculously dated mechanic as is. Tying resource generation to them only further shows its age.

So no, they didnt balance the spec around it. They just are okay with the spec having unfilled globals. Watch one of the WoD dev interviews where someone asks about specs with huge downtime, they throw a snotty hissy fit over that question.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't been following warrior too closely, let alone Arms, but... Arms has no way of generating rage other than autoattack? I had planned on trying it out, along with Unholy, but if that's how it is, I won't even bother...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I hadn't been following warrior too closely, let alone Arms, but... Arms has no way of generating rage other than autoattack? I had planned on trying it out, along with Unholy, but if that's how it is, I won't even bother...
    It's true, but as long as you have decent RNG the spec feels a very large portion of it's globals. Once you hit execute phase it kind of goes to shit, but before execute it's a pretty active spec.

Deleted
    You can always leap + charge in PvE, but in PvP you "might" need those skills for mobility itself.

edit: PvP***
    Last edited by mmoc653cdc43e9; 2016-07-26 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiris View Post
    You can always leap + charge in PvE, but in PvP you "might" need those skills for mobility itself.

edit: PvP***
    For pvp you'll take the Rage Machine pvp talent which should mostly solve any resource issues on that front.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    The warrior pvp dream is over imo, warrior will definitely be viable but there is barely any utility to do any really cool plays, decided that I am gonna level a rogue first, they have more cool tools to play around with and can take care of themselves to a certain degree if played well

Will level warrior later when I feel like mashing dmg button, warrior can still be fun but only in short bursts now, needs more intricacy for pvp. Rotation is pretty decent but the toolkit is very underwhelming and bland, only cool thing left is spell reflect.
    The problem with Warriors in pvp is that we're just designed around Pain Train and Sharpen Blade in PvP. Everything else is irrelevant. I have no idea how something like Pain Train is going to be allowed to go live with how powerful it is.

The pvp talents across all classes are awful. None of the tiers are even close to being balanced there's always one that's clearly better than the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The problem with Warriors in pvp is that we're just designed around Pain Train and Sharpen Blade in PvP. Everything else is irrelevant. I have no idea how something like Pain Train is going to be allowed to go live with how powerful it is.

The pvp talents across all classes are awful. None of the tiers are even close to being balanced there's always one that's clearly better than the rest.
    I think Pain Train is appropriate with the class really. With no self-healing and the necessity of outgunning the opponent, it only makes sense that Pain Train allow our allies do the same. That's where our support utility comes in PvP. Sharpen Blade further expands on that by limiting the healing on the target during that burst window.

Arms has always been about tactical nuking during specific windows. It's the only real way to have the Arms class fantasy make sense.

I do agree that the other talents need to be brought up to par. Echo slam for example seems OK but it doesn't compare with a Focused Rage MS boosted by 30%. The other talent doesn't even deserve to be mentioned.

Echo slam is actually one of the strongest talent in the game right now. Sharpen Blade is weak compared to it, especially since warrior's one shotting style got shutdown. Give it a try. See targets melt while spamming colossus smash ferociously along with Shadow of the Colossus, double your overall damage dealt in an arena compared to anyone who wouldn't use it. Feels like being an unstoppable truck. As long as colossus smash resets, that is. Haha.

Try abilities and talents, think twice before you draw a conclusion.

I would like it to be nerfed before the release of Legion, because I don't want to feel gimped when choosing a character and a spec is already over.

Quote Originally Posted by Yassy View Post
    Because Blizzard has been consistently stubborn about how Arms should just generate rage through auto attacks and that 3+ second downtime's in ability uses are okay. The Gloves were added as an "optional" item for players who wanted some form of active rage generation.

Obviously the spec functions better with a rage generator. Anything that mechanically gives a player more control over their performance is going to feel better. Auto attacks are just a ridiculously dated mechanic as is. Tying resource generation to them only further shows its age.
    Except, the gloves don't provide active rage generation. They don't make MS free and generate 15 rage. With the gloves, MS still costs 20 rage, then you get 15 rage back (just like how Dauntless works). So you still need 20 rage to use MS with the gloves on, and you ultimately end up with 5 less rage than you had before pressing the button. That's a far cry from active rage generation. It mitigates the rage cost of MS - it does not make it an active rage generator. Even if you take Dauntless and wear the gloves, you still need 20+ rage to use MS and it ends up effectively costing 1 rage. That's definitely NOT active rage generation.

I'm not a fan of the model of rage only via AA that Arms uses. But let's be accurate about what we're talking about.

Deleted
    It's not as bad as it sounds - I loathed how slow arms felt in WOD, felt it was ruined between that and whirlwind filler.
    Legion revamp (so far) has brought back the spec I love, feels good most of the time, has enough going on without it feeling spammy and the 2hander feeling devalued and whirlwind even looks fitting.

Can run into dry spots which I really wish arms had a small rage gen CD to help bandaid, but for the most part it's nice feeling. One of the more enjoyable specs I've played since the pre patch hit.

We have an active rage generation tool, it's called Charge.

Out of the legendarys available for Arms the MS gloves are the worst ones that's a still a DPS increase. The best one for single target is the Leap = CS ones, and for AoE the best one is the WW one. The worst one that should be good is the Execute ring, which is currently a DPS loss unless unless you do some really funky things.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand the fact that Quartermaster Durnolf has to fucking move every 5 seconds. It's like you're just mindlessly selling vendor trash and he just has to fucking move and if you don't move with him the vendor page disappears.

Annoying. Why can't he just sit still like 99% of the other vendors in this game.

Isn't the point of playing a warrior to generate as much rage as possible? Blizz just wants us to be more immersed with our class!
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post

The pvp talents could be better, at least it helps them with overall class balancing I guess. As for the arms ones, both pain train and sharpen blade will stay because arms is more designed around less utility and more damage alongside having Mortal Wounds, the loss of customization sucks but whatever, I imagine maybe sometimes in playing comps like WLD Shadow of the Colossus would make more sense.

Melee cleaves will be abundant with warriors at the forefront because of pain train, other classes have alot of crazy shit in their pvp talents as well, example being outlaw: they get access to adrenaline rush when someone is CC'd and also other crazy things like fucking dismantle or if dismantle isn't applicable in the comp you are vsing just take a whole other crazy ass DPS cd.. Outlaw will be the bane of melee cleaves (of course this is assuming if none of these crazy ass talents get changed before next season).

Deleted
    @Sarri The legendary ring is a DPS loss? :O How so