10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotun View Post
    I was talking about me getting an infraction for calling him out for what he is.
    I know, just saying that mods could see that too once they get the undeniable proof of the poster's dishonesty. And I'm not sure this was very much understood until now. If I'm not mistaken, the first time he wasn't even banned for anything he did here, it was for something he wrote somewhere else.

Edit: also, he was banned once before. I suspect he'll be back sooner than we'd like.
    True, but the bolded part is the reason why this ban should last a bit longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for Blizzcon for WC2 announcement. That franchise NEEDs the sequel, cause I'm pretty sure developers, especially Duncan himself, learned their mistakes and will avoid them during the sequel making.
    Personally i want them to make this:
    1)Better editing; it was god awful.
    2)Less innovative operator work (i mean, some of the shots were made in such angle, that made me feel uncomfortable).
    3)Less green screens. I understand and honor their desire to recreate well known places, but, if they will try hard, I'm pretty sure they can recreate them pretty well using the real environment and landscapes. Our planet isn't limited by New Zealand only, it has hundreds of places that could be used as the replacement of lush forests of Elwyn or volcanic slopes of Blackrock mountain. In the sequel btw it would be easier to achieve cause large part of the movie will take place in the Barrens and Durotar. Barrens is typical Earth-like savannah, and there are many place in the Earth with red sand (remember Martian) to simulate Durotar.
    Just use real landscape as fundament and add some rocks on the background using VFX to make it look like Durotar. And thats it. GoT developers used it great.
    Why its important? Because green screen in the WC1 didn't have the level of depth that make us believe its essential. It didn't create the feeling of space and scope. Many people mentioned that most locations looked like space inside the little box.
    I watched Kong trailer that used some real landscapes and damn that looks GOOOD, it looks essential, it gives the feeling of freedom and vastness. WC1 didn't give me that feeling on most scenes except those that were filmed in real environment. But it should has. Scene with Draka in river was filmed in real river and goddamn it looks so better, the last scene with Trall's basket was filmed in real river and it looks amazing and essential, it felt right.
    4)In house composers. I dont buy these "Oh they are inexperienced in making the movie soundtracks". BS. Neal Acree, brilliant genius who made most of the memorable WoW tracks, also made the soundtracks for various movies and TV-shows, just check his profile. He definitely know how to do this. Listen to his recent Anduin theme from Legion. The whole Jawadis score sucks hard compared to that theme alone. They just need to bring him and other people to make the score for WC2.
    5)Dont introduce character if you know you aren't going to use their potential as well as plot lines. I mean, Lothar's son. What a wasted plot line. And make really good scenario with memorable dialogues.

Thats pretty much were the problems i see in the WC1.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2016-07-26 at 04:34 PM.

If he was truly honest he would just post a screenshot of the "post edit history" site .

I think they will talk about the possiblity for a sequel at Blizzcon. I think its too early to ANNOUNCE a sequel already. But I AM excited

Wanna know something sad? Over the last few days, that troll was pretty much the only person keeping this thread from falling off the first page of the subforum.

He kept bumping it by posting misinformation and bullshit. Now it's likely it'll become irrelevant unless there are some news.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Now it's likely it'll become irrelevant unless there are some news.
    isnt that how it should be for a movie thats been out this long?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    isnt that how it should be for a movie thats been out this long?
    In a forum about its franchise? One would hope not.

why? most people who were gonna see it have already seen it and talked about it, theres nothing left to talk about.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Its a 1000 page thread how big do you want it jeez, the movie is over move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Looking for Blizzcon for WC2 announcement. That franchise NEEDs the sequel, cause I'm pretty sure developers, especially Duncan himself, learned their mistakes and will avoid them during the sequel making.
    Personally i want them to make this:
    1)Better editing; it was god awful.
    2)Less innovative operator work (i mean, some of the shots were made in such angle, that made me feel uncomfortable).
    3)Less green screens. I understand and honor their desire to recreate well known places, but, if they will try hard, I'm pretty sure they can recreate them pretty well using the real environment and landscapes. Our planet isn't limited by New Zealand only, it has hundreds of places that could be used as the replacement of lush forests of Elwyn or volcanic slopes of Blackrock mountain. In the sequel btw it would be easier to achieve cause large part of the movie will take place in the Barrens and Durotar. Barrens is typical Earth-like savannah, and there are many place in the Earth with red sand (remember Martian) to simulate Durotar.
    Just use real landscape as fundament and add some rocks on the background using VFX to make it look like Durotar. And thats it. GoT developers used it great.
    Why its important? Because green screen in the WC1 didn't have the level of depth that make us believe its essential. It didn't create the feeling of space and scope. Many people mentioned that most locations looked like space inside the little box.
    I watched Kong trailer that used some real landscapes and damn that looks GOOOD, it looks essential, it gives the feeling of freedom and vastness. WC1 didn't give me that feeling on most scenes except those that were filmed in real environment. But it should has. Scene with Draka in river was filmed in real river and goddamn it looks so better, the last scene with Trall's basket was filmed in real river and it looks amazing and essential, it felt right.
    4)In house composers. I dont buy these "Oh they are inexperienced in making the movie soundtracks". BS. Neal Acree, brilliant genius who made most of the memorable WoW tracks, also made the soundtracks for various movies and TV-shows, just check his profile. He definitely know how to do this. Listen to his recent Anduin theme from Legion. The whole Jawadis score sucks hard compared to that theme alone. They just need to bring him and other people to make the score for WC2.
    5)Dont introduce character if you know you aren't going to use their potential as well as plot lines. I mean, Lothar's son. What a wasted plot line. And make really good scenario with memorable dialogues.

Thats pretty much were the problems i see in the WC1.
    While I agree with a lot of things, I think you're being way too brash. The movie should not have had the amount of criticism it had. And ontop of that, let's see an extended cut or what the director envisioned before it being mowed down by producers/studios.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546964528894025/

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I'm pretty sure they can recreate them pretty well using the real environment and landscapes. Our planet isn't limited by New Zealand only, it has hundreds of places that could be used as the replacement of lush forests of Elwyn or volcanic slopes of Blackrock mountain.
    That's very expensive. There was a reason why it was filmed entirely around Vancouver with a big part of Canadian actors.

That ban didn't last long, did it?

Nope, it did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I think they will talk about the possiblity for a sequel at Blizzcon.
    Blizzard does not decide whether sequel is made or not. They only provide the IP.

Also, Blizzcon is just a month away from DVD release embargo ending in October, so it would be too early to calculate the home entertainment profits.

Also, I doubt they will continue to employ Duncan Jones after his movie flop, so even if there will be some profits after all, the sequel risking end up in the development hell again.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't think we'll hear any news about the possibility of there being one it at Blizzcon. As you said, it's far too early right now, and I don't think any future plans have even been made yet. I think the most you'll get is a fan asking them, and they'll replay by saying "It's possible" and nothing more.
    Ye. If ANYTHING, next year they may have decided there will be a sequel and begin with the script. Then filming begins at the end of 2017. Movie at the end of 2018 or in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Blizzard does not decide whether sequel is made or not. They only provide the IP.

Also, Blizzcon is just a month away from DVD release embargo ending in October, so it would be too early to calculate the home entertainment profits.

Also, I doubt they will continue to employ Duncan Jones after his movie flop, so even if there will be some profits after all, the sequel risking end up in the development hell again.
    define flop.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

he think the entire world is the USA and USA alone, china doesn't exist, nor any european country, only the USA, so of course the movie was a flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    define flop.
    The movie with $160M budget and $110M advertisement made $47M in USA and $165M worldwide save China. 250 vs 212. We cannot say what real numbers are there behind $221M in China, but that is too risky to build a sequel on that. What if it will gather only $80M in China? $300M is a big flop for a $160M movie.

As for DVD sales, a 1080p digital copy has leaked since some time. That will hurt streaming and probably even disk sales.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-07-27 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    $300M is a big flop for a $160M movie.
    Good thing it did far more than that then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    did far more than that then.
    Well, it did at least $212 and a very fishy sum in China. I doubt $221M is a true number.