View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Not a big deal to me. Even if it was, I wouldnt quit legion over it. Its a really really stupid reason to quit. The world first raiders who this affected the most arent quitting over it, no reason why anyone else would need to.

I would have preferred if they just told everyone about it by making an announcement rather than removing it, but eh. I never knew about it prior to this and Ive raided heroic in Mop and a bit of mythic in WoD, so it doesnt really affect me since Im really used to the normal camera distance.
    I'm laughing my ass off at people saying they will quit personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Why do people spread such misinformation? I have read this way too often. Even on Max setting the cams distance isn't even close to what was possible before... .
    far as hell sounds about right. before the change the max was just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by burlap View Post
    Then get off the forums surrounding the subject. kthx
    Nah, need to voice my opinions too. Forums aren't always about complaining. Quite a bit of us actually enjoy the game ktnx.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Same, makes for good entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This is why your zoom is by default bound to scroll, so it's convenient to change.
    Or I can just leave it at the new max and Bliz can make content around that new max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't we just set the camera to first person so no one can have any advantages?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    I won't quit the game over it but I may stop raiding. It's not enjoyable for me to play as tank or melee with the camera zoomed in this much. The current max (yes I have adjusted the slider) is nowhere near good enough imo. On Beta I am constantly scrolling my mouse down trying to zoom out. I can't get used to it, and tbh it is one of those things that is a definite huge negative for me. If more negatives crop up during Legion, the camera change will definitely be a massive contributing factor of me moving ship to an alternative MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    Tbh that video looks awfull especially considering this hunter does jack all concerning raid mechanics and is 100% tunnelvisioning. He might as well turn of his raid frames.

He isn't even trying to bait felseekers like the others in the raid, doesn't surprise me though since he can't see them doing this since they run out of view.

I can't even see how they are handeling wraths and surprise this hunter does not soak/do jack, not to mention p2 I can't see jack what is going on.

I also can't see gaze handeling in p3, it is out of view (and again this hunter doesn't soak or do jack).
    Can only see half the shadowforce in p3 too so can't see how the other side is handeling it.

This video is plain awfull and painfull to watch... Would have been worse with people being hit by felseeker or being spread out due to errors, you can't even get a fix on them as a raidleader. This is a farm kill but imagine progression with people being mispositioned frequently.
    First off, it is our first kill and not farm and the Hunter does exactly what he is supposed to be doing, don't you worry

"He isn't even trying to bait felseekers"
    We don't need to do this because it is inherent in our strat, no one places the felseeker in the boss or something and if so, you can tell easily. Some people try to place them further out, which is nice but not necessary since we hit all the DPS timing we wanted. I have zero idea what this has to do with camera distance, since I saw every felseeker from the view of someone whpo is not even raidleading.

"I can't even see how they are handeling wraths and surprise this hunter does not soak/do jack"
    So you don't understand our strat and thats why camera distance is important? Makes sense. We soak 4 wraths around a Mage/Hunter in the middle of the boss at predetermined pistions (raidmarkers). Simple. No matter how far you zoom out, you don't make Mannoroths model disappear, you know. And if you cannot tell if the debuffs are being soaked, maybe get a raid frame or look at the DBM-panel for the stacks or whatever. Seriously...

"I also can't see gaze handeling in p3, it is out of view (and again this hunter doesn't soak or do jack)."
    You just proved that your just clueless about the game. Everyone stacks at the back of the boss, predesignated people soak the Gaze. Done. The Hunter does not soak because he has the Wrath debuff and would potentially kill other players, which you would know if you were truly a "mythic" raider and had at least seen this fight.

"Would have been worse with people being hit by felseeker or being spread out due to errors, you can't even get a fix on them as a raidleader."
    Say what now? You cannot tell if someone got hit by a felseeker? Try the combat log.

I really don't see how the camera helps you?!

I know where you're comming from, since there is so many shit raids that completely rely on one person telling every other person what to do in real time. But if you're that good and perceptive, "sometimes maybe" having to turn your camera shouldn't be a problem. It certainly isn't for me or anyone I know.

I'm not quitting but I'll play it by ear.

I play the game to raid. The boss sizes etc are just getting fucking ridiculous these days and now we have to be closer to the skyscraper?

It makes no sense. I can get that people don't care but ones actively saying they'll lobby against the option to zoom out further? Do you have aspergers or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Looks like everyone is having different problems.
    While max camera distance reduction dont bother me much, I am thinking of quiting over dwarf running animation with new animation got forced on everyone.
    lol. please quit. like today, right now. please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I'm not quitting but I'll play it by ear.

I play the game to raid. The boss sizes etc are just getting fucking ridiculous these days and now we have to be closer to the skyscraper?

It makes no sense. I can get that people don't care but ones actively saying they'll lobby against the option to zoom out further? Do you have aspergers or something?
    Honestly to lobby either way over something so insignificant and stupid, you'd have to have aspergers either way. If you can't raid with this camera you shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of a car either because you're obviously completely inept.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    Or I can just leave it at the new max and Bliz can make content around that new max.
    How about informing blizzard of that because they aren't right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It's annoying as fuck, but I'm in a guild, can't just abandon them.

It was a debug mode variable players were never supposed to find out about that they left in for over a decade because they had bigger fish to fry. They designed raids around not using it, they tested raids around not using it, and they prefer addressing motion sickness by dealing with the actual causes rather than obscuring the graphics through miniaturization.

I raided melee on the highest difficulty for years and never touched it. Mythic players claiming the game is now unplayable are completely full of it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Me as well I facepalm every time I visit the Blizz forums and see the whining, bitching and moaning over this change to the camera.. Been playing as melee in beta and have no major problems with how the camera is now.. I can't wait for Legion to go live so I can kick some demon butt..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    I won't quit the game over it but I may stop raiding. It's not enjoyable for me to play as tank or melee with the camera zoomed in this much. The current max (yes I have adjusted the slider) is nowhere near good enough imo. On Beta I am constantly scrolling my mouse down trying to zoom out. I can't get used to it, and tbh it is one of those things that is a definite huge negative for me. If more negatives crop up during Legion, the camera change will definitely be a massive contributing factor of me moving ship to an alternative MMO.
    Good luck finding an MMO that even comes close to the amount of zoom WoW has..

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post

Honestly to lobby either way over something so insignificant and stupid, you'd have to have aspergers either way. If you can't raid with this camera you shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of a car either because you're obviously completely inept.
    Who are you to decide whats insignificant and stupid to other people?

Also, not everyone is saying they can't raid like this, some just that its less enjoyable. Inept applies nicely to your lack of comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by burlap View Post
    Hey, look! Someone who has no basis of a comparison trying to pass off their uneducated opinion as fact. Super cute!
    What do you know about a "basis of comparison"?

You're just a whiner after all. And as the topic proves, one of the most ridiculous kind.

Pretty annoying to have to play with it zoomed in this far, but I will still play. PVP and different raid mechanics will just take some getting used to as melee/tank, but hopefully nothing too major at this point. Just feels like I have blinders on after playing zoomed out further for 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    So as many of you know since the Pre-Patch the maximum distance of the camera has been reduced to facesitting levels.
    Which would have been easier on the eyes if we had more big female bosses but sadly we have to make due with Archimonde or Mannoroth.

To follow the discussion on US (over 6 capped threads):
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747685700

To follow the discussion on EU:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2331418?page=1

If Blizzard manages to fix the other graphical issues causing people to get dizzy and sick as you can read here.

Would you continue playing WoW with this new camera distance if it would not make you ill/sick? Would you be willing to play a game where camera micromanagement will become a major element of gameplay in raids?

I wanted to make a poll to get a feel how people feel about it.
    In addition post your perspective in the game like Mythic Raider, Heroic Raidleader, PvP, Dungeons only, LFR only etc.... please

So as an example:
    I am a Mythic raidleader and fall in the 3rd category. It is game breaking for me but I won't quit right away because I already bought Legion and I have strong social ties binding me to the game (Wife, RL-friends, guild). I can see myself doing 1 or 2 tiers before I rather want to slam my head into a brick wall instead of spending one more minute into camera micromanagement in raids.

I would like to hear your stories and perspectives on this.
    I would be more likely to drop subscription because of the way they have forced us to group with latin american servers in outdoor and capitol zones.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic/bit of Mythic raiding and Rated PvP player and it's a nonissue here.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Me as well I facepalm every time I visit the Blizz forums and see the whining, bitching and moaning over this change to the camera.. Been playing as melee in beta and have no major problems with how the camera is now.. I can't wait for Legion to go live so I can kick some demon butt..

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck finding an MMO that even comes close to the amount of zoom WoW has..
    Quoted for truth. FF14 has less zoom. Still playable but I wish I could scroll out a bit more. Again people are overreacting about nothing.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-26 at 06:37 PM.