ps4s and xbox ones are both just pcs with their own operating systems. they have the exact same insides as pcs just different software.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    would work out just like a ps4 if i was running the same software on the hardware.
    The fact you think that shows you don't have a clue about hardware. Once again consoles can push hardware to its limit unlike PC's.

Go run GTA V on a quad core with 512mb ram and let me know how that works out for you.

- - - Updated - - -

ps4s and xbox ones are both just pcs with their own operating systems. they have the exact same insides as pcs just different software.
    And that software is the reason the consoles can do it.

Consoles don't have all the bloat BS pc's do.

If you think different make a PC with 512mb ram and a quad core then run GTAV on it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What part of it won't be cheap if they do that are you not understanding?

They ether A) Sell together at a loss and it still isn't cheap or B) sell it separately and one of them dies due to lack of sells.

XboxOne Kinect is a perfect example on WHY you don't do it separately or bundled and make it cost a fuck ton.
    kinect is a perfect example of something that has nothing to do with a console.

the kinect isnt its own system. you cant buy a kinect and play with it without an xbox

if i buy a 3ds i can play my 3ds, if i buy a wiiu i can play my wiiu. if the wiiu was able to also play 3ds games i could then play my 3ds games on my tv.

its the same concept as the gameboy players that nintendo made for multiple generations until they stopped with the ds except built into the system
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

kinect is a perfect example of something that has nothing to do with a console.

the kinect isnt its own system. you cant buy a kinect and play with it without an xbox

if i buy a 3ds i can play my 3ds, if i buy a wiiu i can play my wiiu. if the wiiu was able to also play 3ds games i could then play my 3ds games on my tv.

its the same concept as the gameboy players that nintendo made for multiple generations until they stopped with the ds except built into the system
    As I said you clearly don't understand hardware or software.

To be honest do I think the XboxOne Scrop will do 4k native? Nope but they can make a lier out of me because I know consoles can push hardware to its limit.

Go make a PC that is a quad core CPU or (equal to Xbox360/Ps3 spec ) and 512mb ram. Show us how well GTA V runs on it.

This topic really ended when you said that cloud power improved titanfall's graphics on Xb1.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The fact you think that shows you don't have a clue about hardware. Once again consoles can push hardware to its limit unlike PC's.

Go run GTA V on a quad core with 512mb ram and let me know how that works out for you.

- - - Updated - - -

And that software is the reason the consoles can do it.

Consoles don't have all the bloat BS pc's do.

If you think different make a PC with 512mb ram and a quad core then run GTAV on it.
    if they optimized gtav for pc the same way they do for consoles i could. has nothing to do with whats in the console. and optimization takes time. you cant just pop in new hardware and instantly get 6 year plus optimized graphics otherwise halo 3 would look just as good as halo 4, launch ps3 games wouldve looked the same as the last of us.

consoles dont just come out looking great. it takes years and years of devs knowing exactly how everything works. meanwhile pcs are constantly updating and changing and brute forcing their way to better graphics

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest do I think the XboxOne Scrop will do 4k native? Nope.
    so you're just arguing for the sake of being a dick. got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh snap. I think, for once, 10k was actually right! 12 hours ago he posted that the handheld would be Tegra..and here we are. Maybe this is just the handheld and we will be seeing a proper home console unveiling as well?
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    Oh wow, that's very interesting in itself. It would make online gameplay pretty damn neat if it comes to fruition. Regardless, the handheld + docking station/SCD = more power is a thing that's being showcased in the same patent..and here we are with this (credible) rumor on what the NX is. All I'm saying is that it's very likely that that's what this thing will be. A hybrid capable of keeping up with current gen systems and future proofing itself on the console side.
    The credible rumor listed a single handheld unit that is able to connect to a TV. It said nothing about any additional power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    Oh snap. I think, for once, 10k was actually right! 12 hours ago he posted that the handheld would be Tegra..and here we are. Maybe this is just the handheld and we will be seeing a proper home console unveiling as well?
    The tegra rumor has been around for a long time now. https://mynintendonews.com/2016/05/1...gra-based-soc/ 2 months ago. EG just adds credibility to it.

so you're just arguing for the sake of being a dick. got it.
    How about yo read the rest of that line you quoted. To be honest I don't trust Microsoft on anything, they can say the sky is blue and I won't believe them until I look for myself.

(Sony is getting to that point with me as well to be clear).

Depending how demanding the games are will depend if they can be 4k on that hardware or not. I am 100% sure it can run Rogue Legacy at 4k native.

As for the optimiztion....THAT'S MY FUCKEN POINT. They can optimize games on consoles much better then PC and that is why even with as shit as the hardware is they can be pushed to a the limit.

Go build a PC with the same hardware as a ps4 and try to run Doom at 1080p/60fps I promise you it won't happen. As a matter of fact I can show you it won't even in a better PC.

All 3 PC's in that video are better then a Ps4 and yet can't do a stable 60fps like ps4 and a lot of the time drops to 30fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The credible rumor listed a single handheld unit that is able to connect to a TV. It said nothing about any additional power.

- - - Updated - - -
    The dock adding processing power is pure speculation on my part based on the patent. I don't think we're seeing the full picture here, honestly. But, if it's just that, and HDMI output, then it is what it is.

The tegra rumor has been around for a long time now. https://mynintendonews.com/2016/05/1...gra-based-soc/ 2 months ago. EG just adds credibility to it.
    Fair enough. If this is the case then, maybe the home console is yet to be leaked and this is only a piece of the NX puzzle.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

How about yo read the rest of that line you quoted. To be honest I don't trust Microsoft on anything, they can say the sky is blue and I won't believe them until I look for myself. .
    except they never even said it. all they said was 4k gaming support. they never said it would be native 4k just that it would work with 4k tvs aka upscaled. and your whole "push hardware more argument" still doesnt work with fucking 4k. because 60fps at 4k is not possible for even most top of the line pcs

except they never even said it. all they said was 4k gaming support. they never said it would be native 4k just that it would work with 4k tvs aka upscaled. and your whole "push hardware more argument" still doesnt work with fucking 4k. because 60fps at 4k is not possible for even most top of the line pcs
    Microsoft was as unclear about the Scorpio as they were about the initial Xbone when they had their press conference. Case in point, you had some folks saying it was purely for 4K and nothing else, others saying it was for whatever devs wanted, and others saying various mixtures of the two.

Also, yes, they did say 4K native. Here's Phil Spencer saying that to Verge http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11...eality-e3-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Microsoft was as unclear about the Scorpio as they were about the initial Xbone when they had their press conference. Case in point, you had some folks saying it was purely for 4K and nothing else, others saying it was for whatever devs wanted, and others saying various mixtures of the two.

Also, yes, they did say 4K native. Here's Phil Spencer saying that to Verge http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11...eality-e3-2016
    he either misspoke or hes lying.

Edged proved you wrong. So here is a small list of things you have been proven wrong about on the last couple pages.

1) Titanfall graphics being improved by cloud power
    2) XboxOne Scrop not doing 4k native
    3) Consoles not being able to push the limits of hardware better then PC's
    4) Anything Nintendo related.
    5) GTX 1080 not being able to do 4k gaming.

We have a credited source and you have a patent. You do realize company's file patents all day long right? Anyone remember the one Sony did where they was suppost to be able to spy on you or some shit.

- - - Updated - - -

he either misspoke or hes lying.
    So you know what the system can do better then the guy who runs the company making it?

Dude just accept when you are wrong and move on.

Seeing the latest news about the NX: Isn't this basically akin to the PS TV, but with the novelty of half-function controllers you can undock at home? I'm already playing games on my Vita on the go, then firing up the PS TV at home to continue my progress.

This is going to be another case of peripheral bloat for Nintendo where you're compelled to buy full controllers for home use, as the default one isn't nearly as functional as the modern standard dual-analog ones.

Edged proved you wrong. So here is a small list of things you have been proven wrong about on the last couple pages.

1) Titanfall graphics being improved by cloud power
    2) XboxOne Scrop not doing 4k native
    3) Consoles not being able to push the limits of hardware better then PC's
    4) Anything Nintendo related.
    5) GTX 1080 not being able to do 4k gaming.

We have a credited source and you have a patent. You do realize company's file patents all day long right? Anyone remember the one Sony did where they was suppost to be able to spy on you or some shit.

- - - Updated - - -

So you know what the system can do better then the guy who runs the company making it?

Dude just accept when you are wrong and move on.

a 1080 cant do stable 4k at 60fps.
    consoles dont "push the limits of the hardware" better than pcs. if pcs stagnated and stayed the same for 6 fucking years it would look the same. if you compare launch titles of consoles to pcs of similar specs the performance is pretty much the same.

and the xbox one cant do native 4k unless its 1000$+ my 1.7k gaming pc cant do 4k at 60fps you think an xbox will have the newest hardware possible? the 1080 wasnt even out when they were picking the hardware for the scorpio.

also nowhere in eurogamer does it say the console part DOENST add power.

dude just accept when you are wrong and move on, youve even said yourself you dont believe the xbox one can do native 4k so youve already admitted you're just trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Seeing the latest news about the NX: Isn't this basically akin to the PS TV, but with the novelty of half-function controllers you can undock at home? I'm already playing games on my Vita on the go, then firing up the PS TV at home to continue my progress.

This is going to be another case of peripheral bloat for Nintendo where you're compelled to buy full controllers for home use, as the default one isn't nearly as functional as the modern standard dual-analog ones.
    i dont understand anyone who cant use the wiiu gamepad.

I was speaking more to the situation with the original Wii, and the penchant for Nintendo to make first-party games with custom controllers like Donkey Konga. And the WiiU still maintains alternate controller support, doesn't it? Sorry I don't own a WiiU, can't justify the cost for playing like 3 games.

a 1080 cant do stable 4k at 60fps.
    First that's not what you said. You said

1080s cant do good solid fps at 4k.
    Second ya it can, did you not check the details I posted under the 1080 video?????

Witcher 3 was running on ultra (without hair) and getting around 40fps, if you drop it to high it can reach 60fps. If you cap the fps it will run at 30fps. Don't know about you but for a lot of people 30fps ultra witcher 3 and 60fps high witcher 3 is quite playable.

You have been proven wrong by me and everyone else in this thread, hang your head and move on. I am not going to touch on everything else u said because once again you have been factually proven wrong time and time again.

consoles dont "push the limits of the hardware" better than pcs.
    Yes they can, and they do. That's what happens when you have 5-8 years to work with the same hardware as well as potentially direct access to the console manufacturer to assist on the software end of things. It lets you max out hardware power efficiently in a way that PC's can't.

and the xbox one cant do native 4k unless its 1000$+ my 1.7k gaming pc cant do 4k at 60fps you think an xbox will have the newest hardware possible? the 1080 wasnt even out when they were picking the hardware for the scorpio.
    That's Microsoft's claim, and if the game has low enough graphical fidelity they can definitely hit 4K native resolution.

And again, comparing a PC to a console when talking about optimization and efficient use of hardware/software is silly. Stop doing it, you're undermining any possible credibility that you'd want to have in this argument.

also nowhere in eurogamer does it say the console part DOENST add power.
    But it doesn't say it does have it, either. You'd think that a detail that significant would be included from their sources, no?

dude just accept when you are wrong and move on,
    ...Are you really going to say this after I literally proved you wrong and you tried to pretend you were still right?...

youve even said yourself you dont believe the xbox one can do native 4k so youve already admitted you're just trolling.
    There's a difference between, "Microsoft said Scorpio will be 4K native and I don't believe them", which is an opinion on something Microsoft actually said, and "Microsoft never said 4K native for Scorpio!" which is objectively false.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There's a difference between, "Microsoft said Scorpio will be 4K native and I don't believe them", which is an opinion on something Microsoft actually said, and "Microsoft never said 4K native for Scorpio!" which is objectively false.
    I think that part was a shot at me.

Because I don't believe the XB1 will do 4k but then again I don't believe anything Microsoft says(Sony and Nintendo is getting to that point with me as well). I am open minded (even tho the thread I made seemed different) and can be proven wrong.

With the hardware it has I don't expect Halo 6 4k native 60fps. But it can do 4k native games, Like you said it just depends the graphical fidelity of them.

I think that part was a shot at me.
    It's not, because I'm skeptical as well, especially with Microsoft's lack of a unified message for their spokespeople on the console. I think if anything, we'll likely see the additional power used for higher/more stable framerates and/or more graphical goodies for a while. There's not enough 4K TV's to make pushing 4K native resolutions too attractive.

I mean, when one of your spokespeople is literally saying that folks who don't have a 4K tv will see no benefit, there are major issues with their external messaging : P