Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You can't follow the bible by the letter. It contradicts itself often enough.
    The bible is a book made by man of a certain era. It wasn't in it's current composition for many hundred years. It was changed over the years again and again. Taking it literal is just plain stupid. Take the spirit of it and interpret in a modern way. Else you start burning witches again or sell your daughter or...
    I don't believe in the church anymore, but I think the pope is making some steps in the right direction.

Looking at Trump i have to say it's hard to take him serious. He makes so many logical mistakes, lies and pushes hatred. He looks like a big child. Not saying clinton is a good choice, but she seems the lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    The pope is only a man. He doesnt ACTUALLY speak for God even if you believe in God. I know a whole lot of catholics that couldn't care less what this pope has to say.
    Those aren't actually Catholics then, regardless of what they call themselves. The modern catholic faith requires submitting to the notion of "papal infallibility".

10+ Year Old Account
    The pope is only a man. He doesnt ACTUALLY speak for God even if you believe in God. I know a whole lot of catholics that couldn't care less what this pope has to say.
    But he DOES speak for God, according to Catholic belief. He is an intermediary, papal infallibility is a big part of Catholic doctrine

<- Raised Catholic (but currently atheist), went through Catholic education K-12, my father is almost done his ordination into the deaconhood.
    Putin khuliyo

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    About 90% of those look like excellent reasons to vote FOR him, with the exception of some racist groups endorsing him (which he has no control over, he didnt seek their endorsements). Most of those reasons are treating scumbags like they deserve to be treated. We need a LOT more eye for an eye justice in this world, and less slapping of wrists
    You're apparently a very strong supporter of violence, discrimination, torture, and hatred, then. I really feel badly for you, Orlong, for whatever caused you to be this way.

Cher says she will leave the country
    Mylie Cyrus says she will leave the country
    Whoopi says she will leave the country
    Rosie says she will leave the country
    Al Sharpton says he will leave the country
    Gov. Brown says California will build a wall
    Well hell I was just planning on staying home but this might just be enough for me to make the effort to vote and for him.
    *I'll take any ray of light in this shitstorm........

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    As oppose to keeping the wall and spending money on this?

Or did you mean this?

Second picture is the Trevi Fountain. It is in Rome not Vatican City. Vatican City is opulent enough though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. Trump has nothing to do with it. Pope John Paul would be rolling in his grave
    How does the pope calling out Trump for his new found religion, has nothing to do with Trump?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's Orlong, just don't mind him.
    If he had any knowledge about anything he'd at least know that Catholics are the one that don't follow the Bible by the letter.

That basically are the Roman Catholic values, they have been like that for quite some time around here.
    Love, forgiveness and respect were preached by the Church here for as long as I can remember.

Take your hate-cult to your country and keep it there.
    You are to Christianity what ISIS is to Islam.
    I disagree. Catholics who came out as LGBT, got a divorce, got an abortion, committed adultery, sodomy, and many other things were excommunicated and unable to partake in communion until this Pope came around. Additionally Its the Pope's job to run the church, not to get involved in intentional politics

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ask China how well their wall worked.
    And that was in an age were walls were actually effective.
    I was hoping ol' Rolleyes there would give away my sarcasm...

At least the Great Wall doubles as a tourist attraction, heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I can see why a lot of people would go for a lying, racist, gun-nut. It's America after all.
    Unless you meant to be ironic, you really need to rethink the above.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    You're apparently a very strong supporter of violence, discrimination, torture, and hatred, then. I really feel badly for you, Orlong, for whatever caused you to be this way.
    Trump being against ILLEGAL immigration isnt discrimination. Hes never said anything that discriminates against American citizens. And the violence is all against those who deserve it, mainly terrorists. Anyone who has empathy or sympathy for a terrorist is just as bad as a terrorist. Eye for an eye justice works. What do you have against it? Torture is just fine for those who deserve it. You kill 30 of our citizens, you deserve to be killed in the most excruciating way possible. Id love to see the pear of anguish, Judas Cradle, or brazen bull make a comeback to be used on terrorists
    Last edited by Orlong; 2016-07-26 at 06:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. Catholics who came out as LGBT, got a divorce, got an abortion, committed adultery, sodomy, and many other things were excommunicated and unable to partake in communion until this Pope came around. Additionally Its the Pope's job to run the church, not to get involved in intentional politics
    You don't know what communion is:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucharist

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Those aren't actually Catholics then, regardless of what they call themselves. The modern catholic faith requires submitting to the notion of "papal infallibility".
    That's actually not the way real life works. Even if it were true that the pope was infallible (he isn't), I still have the free choice to accept what he says or not, and that doesn't preclude me from being Catholic. As it is I haven't considered myself actually Catholic for a very long time because of how foolishly they preach that another man has to be the conduit between you and God, but until someone excommunicates me, you are incorrect.

What happens when two different popes think differently? *gasp*

I guess God is want to change his mind with the whims of humanity.

Anyway you missed my point completely. The pope is a man. Most people don't give a shit what he thinks about anything unless it aligns with their ideology. His opinion on Trump is about as important as his opinion on global warming. He needs to stick to God instead of acting like a false profit.
    Last edited by BannedForViews; 2016-07-26 at 06:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You don't know what communion is:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucharist
    Nor do you if you get your understanding from a wikipedia site. really? please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump being against ILLEGAL immigration isnt discrimination. Hes never said anything that discriminates against American citizens. And the violence is all against those who deserve it, mainly terrorists. Anyone who has empathy or sympathy for a terrorist is just as bad as a terrorist. Eye for an eye justice works. What do you have against it? Torture is just fine for those who deserve it. You kill 30 of our citizens, you deserve to be killed in the most excruciating way possible. Id love to see the pear of anguish or brazen bull make a comeback to be used on terrorists
    Trump's proposal is to ban all Muslim travel, which includes US citizens. Trump's wall, would require eminent domain to take American citizen's land. His proposal to kill families of suspected terrorists, is not targeting terrorist. His 'bomb the shit out of them and give their oil to Exxon' is only rationalized as conspiracy theory against Bush, but is Trump's common anecdote. So, no, I am sorry... You are using selective hearing... Just as an FYI, if you say the same about me, it actually confirms him saying it, so will need a better excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I really want Trump to win.

He'll crush the American economy causing the American dollar to tank in value. Then I'll be able to buy comics cheeply again. It'll be great.
    What is it you think you know about monetary issues that nobody else does?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    Nor do you if you get your understanding from a wikipedia site. really? please!
    No, my understanding comes from years of both going to religous school and being a Sunday school counselor. The link provided is for your reference, not mine.

I think people are missing the only real reason to vote for trump.

President Trump.

How robber baron does that sound. It could be the name of the Monopoly man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump's proposal is to ban all Muslim travel, which includes US citizens. Trump's wall, would require eminent domain to take American citizen's land. His proposal to kill families of suspected terrorists, is not targeting terrorist. His 'bomb the shit out of them and give their oil to Exxon' is only rationalized as conspiracy theory against Bush, but is Trump's common anecdote. So, no, I am sorry... You are using selective hearing... Just as an FYI, if you say the same about me, it actually confirms him saying it, so will need a better excuse...
    This sounds to me more like "Selective Hearing" step back , take a deep breath and ..breath.. . i love the "if you say the same about me" that way i can be selective but if u use it on me, i have an out. omg, talk about a dead end argument. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    What is it you think you know about monetary issues that nobody else does?
    What do you mean nobody else does? You think a man who started a mortgage company in 2007, will not scare off trading when he becomes president? This is man who not only didn't see the mortgage bubble, but started a company when the bubble began to burst.