Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machin3x View Post
    How aren't they glaives.
    they are only glaives in model.

they are swords mechanically, and that might make the demon hunters wield them differently than actual glaives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I like how there are people in here saying "legendaries ain't rare". Yeah, because they have a real common drop-rate across the board. There is most definitely an aspect of rarity and infrequency to the ones who have a drop associated with starting or progressing. Yes, it is easily doable with enough attempts and dedication (in some cases years of it), but that doesn't mean it's not rare for some people.

Legendaries/Oranges are not solely just a "quality," and I'm fairly certain Blizzard has never made that official statement. If they have, please show us. Cite it.
    you're right, legendaries aren't solely a quality. there are also legendary weapons like ashbringer and felo'melorn that literally ever person is going to be wielding this expansion, legendary weapons like quel'delar and quel'serrar that anyone can transmog right now.

there's no real argument against transmogging the oranges.

Farming them for TW will be moot because of our Artifacts, they are going to be BiS for TW.

I like how there are people in here saying "legendaries ain't rare". Yeah, because they have a real common drop-rate across the board. There is most definitely an aspect of rarity and infrequency to the ones who have a drop associated with starting or progressing. Yes, it is easily doable with enough attempts and dedication (in some cases years of it), but that doesn't mean it's not rare for some people.

Legendaries/Oranges are not solely just a "quality," and I'm fairly certain Blizzard has never made that official statement. If they have, please show us. Cite it.
    The problem is that any argument against allowing us to transmog our old legendaries is a complete joke. They serve no purpose right now since they can't be mogged. They're even piss-easy to acquire. It doesn't matter when you farmed them or how hard you worked to get them; because of Blizzard's neglect they are literally junk to decorate your bank/void storage. Blizzard needs to find some way to give them value, to make them worth their text color, otherwise their opposition to making them moggable is invalid and falls back under their general laziness toward quality of life changes.
    Last edited by ITZxRazor; 2016-07-26 at 12:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    For what? Cant transmog legendary
    yeah, definitely this. I have one glaive on rogue which dropped during a random kill, I just use fangs of the father.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kot0005 View Post
    yeah, definitely this. I have one glaive on rogue which dropped during a random kill, I just use fangs of the father.
    Then how else my main DK called xxillidanqtxx would be a proper illidan?

No idea why you quoted me. My argument isn't to make their appearances be used. I only commented about the fact that people were saying Legendaries aren't highly uncommon, at least some aspects of obtaining them. Again, not sure why I was quoted.

To say they serve no purpose and that they are junk is completely your perspective and opinion. I still feel they are very cool to have across my toons. Up until artifacts they are extremely cool in Timewalkings, but that'll be nullified once artifacts release. The only thing I agree with you on is that their argument for not letting us mog them is a joke. "Everyone would do it..." etc, etc. So what? Let us do it. There will STILL be more people that A) Have the weapons and don't mog them because nonconformity is cool, or B) They don't have the weapons.

Seems like balance to me.
    I would have quoted a plethora but yours was just the most recent that tried to dispute legendary as nothing more than a quality tier. Mechanically, once Timewalking is gone, their function will be nonexistent due to neglect, as you said. I want Blizzard to change that so I can show off my Thori'dal on my hunter or my glaives on my DH. I want my DK to sport Shadowmourne and my warrior to boast his Sulfuras. I don't care if other people are using theirs too. I worked for those weapons; why not let me use them? Because Blizzard has some disillusioned view on what the meaning of legendary is as they hand out mythical weapons to every player like candy? No.

It's just a meaningless restriction, a laziness to flip the switch that enables all legendary appearances to be collected as well.

Its something I'll do eventualy, maybe when ive not go anything else to d, or just feel like smashing BT for the sake of it, same with Thunderfury, but it isnt something thats on the top of my priority list.

Also those people going "why bother you cant use them" so what? its nice to just have them, you dont need to get something just to go and wave it in someones face, fuck what others know or see about your char, as long as it makes YOU happy who gives a damn?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

No one cares about the legendary cloak, we only care about the legendary weapons.
    I care... I use the legendary cloak as transmog now that we can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ITZxRazor View Post
    I would have quoted a plethora but yours was just the most recent that tried to dispute legendary as nothing more than a quality tier. Mechanically, once Timewalking is gone, their function will be nonexistent due to neglect, as you said. I want Blizzard to change that so I can show off my Thori'dal on my hunter or my glaives on my DH. I want my DK to sport Shadowmourne and my warrior to boast his Sulfuras. I don't care if other people are using theirs too. I worked for those weapons; why not let me use them? Because Blizzard has some disillusioned view on what the meaning of legendary is as they hand out mythical weapons to every player like candy? No.

It's just a meaningless restriction, a laziness to flip the switch that enables all legendary appearances to be collected as well.
    Just because you don't agree with their reason does not make it any less true. And for the record, legendary items in the past, required a lot of (harder) work. Both vanilla items were expensive, Warglaives were grindy, Ulduar hammer and the rest were grindy. A grind that required doing the current content. Back then they held value, now they do not hold any value, and the only way blizz can hold on to their value is to restrict them. You may ask how that helps hold their value, but it is rather simple. It prevents all the casuals running around with them transmog. If I see everyone with those glaives how are they speical? They are just an item then with no meaning. People still do complain. Maybe having the same restrictions as the PVP gear for level 60 would be better.

Again, just because you disagree with their logic, does not mean it is wrong. I agree with it! If they treat them the same as MoP legendary cloaks (limited time and transmogable) that would be a different matter.
    Last edited by mmoc3711817e2e; 2016-07-27 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    Then how else my main DK called xxillidanqtxx would be a proper illidan?
    By getting shit kicked out of him by a real Death Knight? Just like how Arthas beat Illidan?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    Just because you don't agree with their reason does not make it any less true. And for the record, legendary items in the past, required a lot of (harder) work. Both vanilla items were expensive, Warglaives were grindy, Ulduar hammer and the rest were grindy. A grind that required doing the current content. Back then they held value, now they do not hold any value, and the only way blizz can hold on to their value is to restrict them. You may ask how that helps hold their value, but it is rather simple. It prevents all the casuals running around with them transmog. If I see everyone with those glaives how are they speical? They are just an item then with no meaning. People still do complain. Maybe having the same restrictions as the PVP gear for level 60 would be better.

Again, just because you disagree with their logic, does not mean it is wrong. I agree with it! If they treat them the same as MoP legendary cloaks (limited time and transmogable) that would be a different matter.
    Stop kidding yourself. If it's unrestricted then they became every other item. They'll hold value for the people who actually care about the items themselves and their contribution to their character's appearance. Their legendary quality means absolutely nothing now, and in Legion it will continue to. Unless they're made moggable of course, in which case the people who have them will give the items their own value.

I wouldn't mind if they removed all the previous legendary items and then allowed them to be transmogged when Legion hits; then people who get a boner off of having shiny things others don't can be satisfied. I have the items I want, I just can't use them because Blizzard's stubborn for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    But shamans can't wield swords, at all
    because blizzard decided to give Rogues Axes instead of Swords to Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    because blizzard decided to give Rogues Axes instead of Swords to Shaman
    who was shocked about that? shaman vs anyone, blizzard will give it to anyone, except maybe ret paladins, shamans have thrall rets have ashbringer, we should be happy with that, forever no matter how bad our class gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    If Blizzard would make legendaries x-moggable then we'd see everyone with them, thus won't be that "legendary".
    yeah right lol ??? they dont understand this lol^^

Think about it.. What if Blizzard did something super crazy... Like an Expansion where you start a Quest and the Reward you get is some SUPER LEGENDARY CAPE WITH AMAZING EFFECTS, Holy fuck this would be so cooooooool !!!!!! Or even better imagine Khadgar the badass Mage gives you a Quest where you have to gather different stuff so he can help you forge a LEGENDARY RING WITH INCREDIBLE POWER. fuck me Blizzard i want this MAKE IT HAPPEN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Uhm... That's hipocrisy? If they're hard to get, then playesr with legendaries have right to feel special.

That's right and I fully agree, but when I saw someone with legendary(not ring or cloak), when they were still BIS items (glaives in TBC, Shadowmourne in wotlk etc.). Then I think that they were "someone" on the realm.

It' like saying to a war veteran "No one should respect you, the war is over!". Of course I'm exagerrating, but you get my point. :-)

Yes they were, first rogue with 2 glaives went for almost ~10k $ on Ebay.
    There were about 4-5 Shadowmournes on our realm(Azuremyst), people with them were topping DMG meters and were highly respected.

Also - you said first that orange means the quality of item, not how rare they were, but then you say that the only reason why they were rare was because not everyone had acces to them... Which is exactly the same thing.

Ferraris are not that rare because they have Ferrari logo on their cars, they're that rare because they're expensive and not everyone have enough money for them.

If that doesn't make then legendary then I don't know what would...
    I'm sorry to say this but the only ones able to wield Shadowmourne that could come close to topping meters was fury warriors.

Rogues, both assassination and combat and fire mages where topping meters in wrath end game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ITZxRazor View Post
    Stop kidding yourself. If it's unrestricted then they became every other item. They'll hold value for the people who actually care about the items themselves and their contribution to their character's appearance. Their legendary quality means absolutely nothing now, and in Legion it will continue to. Unless they're made moggable of course, in which case the people who have them will give the items their own value.

I wouldn't mind if they removed all the previous legendary items and then allowed them to be transmogged when Legion hits; then people who get a boner off of having shiny things others don't can be satisfied. I have the items I want, I just can't use them because Blizzard's stubborn for no reason.
    Actually you are correct. I am wrong. The main reason they can not be transmogged is because of Demon Hunters. A selling point of Demon Hunters is to finally use Warglaives. Letting rogues and warriors transmog to them would devalue that. By how much? Well that is a matter of opinion. You will say very little but I say a lot.

I may be wrong previously with my reasoning, but the fact of the matter is still the same. It is keep their value. Your desire to transmog into them is clouding your rational thinking. This is of course only related to Illidans Warglaives. The other legendaries? I am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    What does the Cursed vision of sargeras look like tmogged....knowing we have a blindfold already on? Out of curiousity
    You do like Kakashi, you wear 2 Blindfolds :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The Main-Hand Glaive droppen on my DH on Beta the first Time i go in just for Fun because i was doing the Illidan Quest now i think they will never drop again for me anywhere because that was my luck for the next 100 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    I may be wrong previously with my reasoning, but the fact of the matter is still the same. It is keep their value. Your desire to transmog into them is clouding your rational thinking. This is of course only related to Illidans Warglaives. The other legendaries? I am not sure.
    What the hell are you smoking? They hold no value. There's nothing to keep. They're a pretty icon to sit in your inventory/bank/storage and serve literally no other purpose. Maybe some shitty RPer will find use in it, who knows, but in general Blizzard has failed to uphold their viewpoint on legendaries. What they could do, in regards to your first point, is have the glaives be an achievement-based artifact appearance. Since there's already a Warglaives of Azzinoth achievement, they could easily have them be demon hunter-exclusive and still serve the same function as an xmog.

I think they could do the same so I could keep using Shadowmourne on my DK, dunno 'bout the other ones.
    Last edited by ITZxRazor; 2016-07-29 at 06:46 PM.

Q&A said they're looking at trying to give us the model to use in some shape or form in the future.

Deleted
    Did they say in the QA if we'd be added onto the classes than use it?