Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    People have been killed regularly since the dawn of civilization. Much more so in the past than now.
    Is this a sincere response? An appeal to tradition? For killing people regularly being nothing to talk about?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

I'll take "things only people who want to mock the DNC talk about" for $1000 please Alex.
    I'll Take how to misdirect and fail to offer anything useful to the conversation" for $2000 ..

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont think I saw even a single American flag at their convention either. How pathetic
    Lol your sarcasm just got you +1 internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    That's not a strawman, you should know this.

If you can't monetize your cause, it's not worth it or you're just speaking rhetoric. And that's a waste of time.
    It's the very definition of a strawman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Who cares? Seriously this bipartisan nonsense is ridiculous to watch as an outsider.

One thing I did notice was that the DNC so far was a very positive atmosphere while the RNC was all about doom and gloom and fearmongering.
    DNC looks like an actual political event, maybe a bit naive and staged, but a political event still. While RNC looked more like a cheesy show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Is this a sincere response? An appeal to tradition? For killing people regularly being nothing to talk about?
    No, it is just pretty silly to see the events nowadays as something that needs very special attention, when in reality this has been going on forever. People in Syria are dying in hundreds thousands, and yet people say, "Look, these terrorists have killed a few hundred out of over a billion Westerners in the last 10 years! We should all be scared and call on the war against terrorism, restricting our freedoms and giving up on our ideals for the promises of illusory security!"
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think I saw even a single American flag at their convention either. How pathetic
    Sorry Bro. Whatever dank meme you saw on Facebook was a lie.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's the very definition of a strawman.
    Alright high school forensics... enjoy your mmo stay.

Alright high school forensics... enjoy your mmo stay.
    Says the man who wrote

How much money needs to be spent in order for you to not feel bad inside?
    You resulted to pettiness because you have no leg to stand on.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't believe in facebook memes

Says the man who wrote

You resulted to pettiness because you have no leg to stand on.

- - - Updated - - -
    You seem to be under the sway of 'omg so tragic, can't think rationally, let's start a war' from your inability to answer simple questions. That's just my analysis so far because you haven't made a single point yet (and it's probably hyperbole, but I don't have much to go on).
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2016-07-26 at 06:48 PM.

You seem to be under the sway of 'omg so tragic, can't think rationally, let's start a war' from your inability to answer simple questions. That's just my analysis so far because you haven't made a single point yet.
    LOL You definitely are terrible at reading people because that's not me at all, nor have I said such a thing, so spare me your terrible observations. There should always be a deterrence within reason to protect law abiding citizens. If you don't agree with that, then fine then, just be mature about it.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    No, it is just pretty silly to see the events nowadays as something that needs very special attention, when in reality this has been going on forever. People in Syria are dying in hundreds thousands, and yet people say, "Look, these terrorists have killed a few hundred out of over a billion Westerners in the last 10 years! We should all be scared and call on the war against terrorism, restricting our freedoms and giving up on our ideals for the promises of illusory security!"
    Well if you don't believe the deaths across the globe are worth talking about, I guess that's your outlook. Personally, I'd like to be having more talks about what can be done about it though.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    From what little I caught of the DNC, it was fucking tragic. "Echo chamber" is a more accurate title for the event. "Trump r evil!" for several minutes is all I can take from this shit show.

I don't know what the RNC was like(because I didn't watch it at all), but I can imagine it being similar to DNC.

WTB: Intelligent human beings in politics.
    Amen brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Being proud of America is not exactly part of the democrat platform
    I suppose thats true. I did however see lots of Mexican flags outside the DNC and a few inside. Perhaps this is a convention to nominate a candidate for President of Mexico

LOL You definitely are terrible at reading people because that's not me at all, nor have I said such a thing, so spare me your terrible observations. There should always be a deterrence within reason to protect law abiding citizens. If you don't agree with that, then fine then, just be mature about it.
    We already have deterrents in place. My point was that a mere 50 people dying is no reason to change policy. If nothing changes, we are just as safe as before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont even use Facebook. I never claimed it was banned either. I just said I didnt see a single one during the period of time that I watched the convention. from about 7PM to 9 PM EST. Not only that but your Snopes link doesnt show any flags either. It just says a couple audience members had small flags but the DNC didnt display any that they showed

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Who cares about terrorism. Terrorism is a far smaller concern than unemployment, education or the most important plight of developed nations, tax avoidance. Terrorism is the clickbait of political issues.
    I can understand your argument if, and only if, it also involves all other upsetting issues that doesn't affect particularly many people. Such as police violence against blacks, as an example.

Well, they wanted to talk about terrorism but the guy who introduced himself as "hi, I am that Asian guy who was naked in a movie" bumped that topic as that was more important to their Democratic base.

Plus that all important performance by Demi Lovato was so important to, that terrorism couldn't be talked about either.

If you are keeping tabs, so far the DNC convention has been Demi Lovato, someone who literally said "Hello, I am Marty and I am an alcoholic", and an Asian guy who was naked in a movie.

And they call Donald Trump and the RNC "clowns".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Well if you don't believe the deaths across the globe are worth talking about, I guess that's your outlook. Personally, I'd like to be having more talks about what can be done about it though.
    It is worth talking about, but it's definitely not worth building one's election campaign on it. "Evil people from the outside out to get us" is a common topic for all populists.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I dont even use Facebook. I never claimed it was banned either. I just said I didnt see a single one during the period of time that I watched the convention. from about 7PM to 9 PM EST. Not only that but your Snopes link doesnt show any flags either. It just says a couple audience members had small flags but the DNC didnt display any that they showed
    That link literally shows two pictures with flags on stage, one with physical flags and one with digital

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    you must be unfamiliar with the concept of a party convention. An echo chamber is basically what it is supposed to be.
    Thank you. Going to a convention and expecting new policy is like going to a concert and expecting the band to play a set of all new songs. It is a greatest hits show where everyone spends money to congratulate themselves and talk about how good they are. Political Conventions and Rallies are mostly useless pandering.

Debates on issues are the only important part along with voting records and actual political participation and actual coverage on who the candidate is, but we've got none of that on Trump or Hillary. Someone should be doing docs on Trumps businesses and Hillary's foundations that would be fairly telling of who they really are and not the nice puff pieces both sides keep issuing along with the mud sling from the other side.

The only reason they are getting so much coverage is ratings, both Conventions are just more self-patting on the back and repeats of stances they've been speaking on for almost a year already. I'll be glad when November hits and this shit show is over.