Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I find it super interesting that all the arguments used for freaking out and doing anything and everything to combat terrorism apply a thousandfold to gun violence in america.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Being proud of America is not exactly part of the democrat platform
    Who is the candidate who says the country isn't great?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Trump? To say "make America great again" implies he thinks it's not great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Trump? To say "make America great again" implies he thinks it's not great.
    "We're the greatest nation in the world!" "But we need to make America great again.. also!"

10+ Year Old Account
    GOP's got the fearmongering covered.

On a side note, why are we still pretending that this election isn't already over?

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Don't they all?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    How many terror attacks do we need to have until its ok for us to show fear or take revenge?
    Land of the Free, home of the Cowards - Make America Great again!

Edit: For your answer, at least as numerous and as frequent as what happens in Israel, and even then, THEY don't seem to be living in fear.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2016-07-26 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Who cares about terrorism. Terrorism is a far smaller concern than unemployment, education or the most important plight of developed nations, tax avoidance. Terrorism is the clickbait of political issues.
    You, I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    GOP's got the fearmongering covered.

On a side note, why are we still pretending that this election isn't already over?
    Both sides do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Just proves if Clinton is elected, ISIS can add 4-8 years to their life expectancy.
    Just because we aren't wetting the bed about ISIS doesn't mean the Dems will do nothing about it.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Don't they all?
    Try again. MAGA right?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Just because we aren't wetting the bed about ISIS doesn't mean the Dems will do nothing about it.
    The good thing too is when the democrats do something about it, the press gives them a free pass. I was just amazed how a drone strike could kill innocent Hostages and no one gave a shit, man if that had happened under Bush...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If your focus would be preventing death here is a laundry list of topics that would prevent many times more deaths than terrorism:

Heart health and obesity, particularly child obesity
    Suicide prevention
    Proper road behavior
    Air polution
    Just better investment in affordable healthcare would already save tons more innocent lives long-term than a magic button that executes all terrorists at once would. In 2015, over 30,000 people in the US died because they couldn't afford the required procedures. In comparison, last year, in all Western countries combined, 658 people died to the acts of terrorism.

It is an issue, of course, but it is so minuscule, compared to what you listed, to unaffordable healthcare, to domestic violence... Indeed, like someone above linked, more people were killed by toddlers last year than by terrorism.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only that but your Snopes link doesnt show any flags either. It just says a couple audience members had small flags but the DNC didnt display any that they showed
    I know the article is a bit long, but the pictures of the flags at the DNC are at the very end. It's understandable that you didn't make there.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The good thing too is when the democrats do something about it, the press gives them a free pass. I was just amazed how a drone strike could kill innocent Hostages and no one gave a shit, man if that had happened under Bush...
    No one gives them any credit either, Osama Bin Laden and a long list of terrorist leaders have died under Obama and republicans still call him soft and weak on terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    No one gives them any credit either, Osama Bin Laden and a long list of terrorist leaders have died under Obama and republicans still call him soft and weak on terrorists.
    Actually, they gave Obama too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Actually, they gave Obama too much credit.
    If you call what republicans say about Obama on terrorists credit, I would hate to see what discredit looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    If you call what republicans say about Obama on terrorists credit, I would hate to see what discredit looks like.
    I'm not talking about republicans, I am talking about the press, pretty sure I was clear on that when I wrote "press".

They didn't discuss sharks either. What's your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Many people dont go out in the rain because of fear of being struck by lightening. Just because you are some super intellectual emlightened being who never experiences fear, doesnt mean that it isnt totally rational for others to express fear. Is it also irrational to get excited when you scratch off 2 $100,000 spots on your instant lottery ticket before you scratch off the last spot because there is a good chance youll lose? People cant control emotions.
    Yes. They can. An uncontrollable fear is a phobia, and it's a mental illness. One that can be overcome through therapy.

And since I presume you weren't talking about phobias, then yes, it's totally controllable, you just don't want to.

No. Im admitting that we need to show the bastards why we are the greatest nation on the earth and remove them from it. Not just handwave them away and act like they dont exist, But our current leadership seems to have a problem with doing so.
    See, this is what I don't get. You claim to be "the greatest nation on Earth", and yet you're afraid of a minor power that isn't even a fully-fledged state, halfway around the world.

This is like claiming you're the best street-fighter in the world, but saying how afraid you are of walking down city streets without armed guards. You're contradicting your own statements.

How many terror attacks do we need to have until its ok for us to show fear or take revenge?
    Revenge is never on the table, unless you're wanting to stoop to their level. Which is effectively you accepting that their attacks are justified, and you want to make it about who has bigger guns, not who's ethically right.

And fear? Maybe if they presented an actual, concrete threat to American well-being. The few minor attacks inspired by ISIS on US soil (an important distinction, since they're not creating or initiating these attacks, themselves) don't even remotely amount to such a threat. Christians have bombed abortion clinics and such; that doesn't mean I'd argue Christians are a threat to the USA. Maybe just stop being frightened of shadows. By all means, punish those who break the law, but the existence of lawbreakers does not mean that law and order has broken down and everything is doomed forever.