Thread: Healing addon

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing addon

HI all

i used Healbot but lately its making some problems and weird things
    like i tried to make that right click will target and when i am out of combat its heals instead

anyway what healing addons you use? and do you recommend them ?

Used Healbot for years, then tried Grid + Clique.. Am now using Vuhdo and imo its great - it also gets updated pretty quickly so you likely wont have too many issues when new patches come out.

Deleted
    have used healbot, the original grid & for the last 5 years or so have used vuhdo & i cant see myself changing.

Deleted
    Can also recommend Vuhdo, it has a lot of nice features and the set-up is logical and easy to understand. I am using the Legion beta version on beta and it is working fine.

+1 for VuhDo and mouseover macros. Only thing I need to figure out is how to copy over the changes I make to 1 profile to the rest of them without overwriting the specific HoT icons I have set up for each class / spec.

VuhDo is the best group/raid frame for healers, period. It's insanely customizable, and has click-casting and mouseover casting built right into it, so you don't need to use Clique or Healbot or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yurimeta View Post
    +1 for VuhDo and mouseover macros. Only thing I need to figure out is how to copy over the changes I make to 1 profile to the rest of them without overwriting the specific HoT icons I have set up for each class / spec.
    It is possible to set up VuhDo to have different profiles for each of your characters/specs. On my Priest, I have different HoT icons and different click-casting for both my Holy and Disc specs.

What you do is go into the "Tools" tab, and enter a name into the box(or select the one you're already using), then click "Apply", and then "Save". You can then check one of the boxes (Spec 1, Spec 2) etc, and VuhDo will automatically switch to that profile when you switch to that spec.

Then, go to the "Key Layouts" page within the Tools tab, and do the same thing. Type a name and click "Save As...", and then you can go into the Spells tab and set whatever click-casting you want. Do the same thing with the Spec check-boxes.

That way, when you switch between specs, VuhDo will automatically switch between different configurations, that you set.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-26 at 07:23 PM.

Deleted
    How does Vuhdu show Atonement buff on raid frames?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You can set it as a HoT.
    How do I do that?

Deleted
    Might be an odd suggestion but have you tried the default raid frames from blizzard? I know some people that were using addons a long time ago (pre cata) and just never explored the default options since. They've come a long way and cover all of my needs, there are also a bunch of mini addons to enhance the blizzard frames (for things like showing raid marks, which for some reason still isn't default)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I believe this guy did it differently (debuff), but here's a video on it. You can also do it as a HoT, if you prefer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6cxNIyYeki8
    As a debuff I can do it but I want a circle or a square that becomes smaller and smaller instead of an obnoxious icon that not only is in the incorrect location but where I have zero way of knowing how close it is to expiring without actually reading and then processing the numbers. I have to switch raid frames because they cannot track the most crucial thing of the entire spec? Is there a reason why I can't select Atonement in HoT order but can manually type it in Debuffs? How about manually typing in HoT order? I can't believe this can be so difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    VuhDo is the best group/raid frame for healers, period. It's insanely customizable, and has click-casting and mouseover casting built right into it, so you don't need to use Clique or Healbot or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

It is possible to set up VuhDo to have different profiles for each of your characters/specs. On my Priest, I have different HoT icons and different click-casting for both my Holy and Disc specs.

What you do is go into the "Tools" tab, and enter a name into the box(or select the one you're already using), then click "Apply", and then "Save". You can then check one of the boxes (Spec 1, Spec 2) etc, and VuhDo will automatically switch to that profile when you switch to that spec.

Then, go to the "Key Layouts" page within the Tools tab, and do the same thing. Type a name and click "Save As...", and then you can go into the Spells tab and set whatever click-casting you want. Do the same thing with the Spec check-boxes.

That way, when you switch between specs, VuhDo will automatically switch between different configurations, that you set.

So I have this setup this way for my priest as well between disc and holy. I suppose what I mean is I have the profiles for each spec setup to change dimensions (the actual health bars) depending on what size group I am in. So the problem is each size layout I have setup as a different profile with it checked to, for example "If I am in a group of 10 then activate this profile."

However let's say I tweak a color or one option on my 5 man layout profile I have to go through each separate 10, 15, 25 man etc group profile to make the same exact change. If i just copy over the first change it'll overwrite my layout for the health bars I believe which is what I don't want to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurimeta View Post
    So the problem is each size layout I have setup as a different profile with it checked to, for example "If I am in a group of 10 then activate this profile."

These check-boxes don't work? I never really used them; wouldn't be surprised if they didn't work correctly what with all of the "flexible" crap and wonky raid sizes.

But theoretically, you SHOULD be able to use those checkboxes to make VuhDo switch to different profiles for 10man, 15man, 20man groups, and have different panel sizes/layouts for each profile.

So I could have like a "shadow 10man", "shadow 15man", "shadow 20man" that each have different panel sizes.

These check-boxes don't work? I never really used them; wouldn't be surprised if they didn't work correctly what with all of the "flexible" crap and wonky raid sizes.

But theoretically, you SHOULD be able to use those checkboxes to make VuhDo switch to different profiles for 10man, 15man, 20man groups, and have different panel sizes/layouts for each profile.

So I could have like a "shadow 10man", "shadow 15man", "shadow 20man" that each have different panel sizes.
    Oh no those check boxes work just fine for activating the different profiles depending on the raid size which I already use and it's awesome.

Let's say you have two separate profiles. One to be activated when you are in a group of 5, and one to be activated when you are in a group of 10.

If i go into the 5 man profile and let's say change the background color of the health bars and save it. Ok great.

That Health bar color change will not be replicated over to the 10 man profile so you will also have to manually swap to the 10 man profile and make the change there as well, rather than just copying/ overwriting your 10man profile with the 5 man profile.

Kind of a pain when you make small little changes to have to go through and replicate them to each different size profile you have.

Er I hope I explained that well enough.

Oh.

Well there's really no automated solution to that. I just hold off on making alternate profiles like that until I'm really satisfied with my setup.

I use Grid/Grid2 for the past.. forever. Setup Grid2 to show Atonement with a timer. That has sustained me for my WoW career.

Thanks to Rivellana for an awesome signature

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Oh.

Well there's really no automated solution to that. I just hold off on making alternate profiles like that until I'm really satisfied with my setup.
    Ha well I thought I had everything the way I wanted. Had been fine for almost a year and then I go and make one little change and bam...let's go make the same change on my priest for both disc/holy 5,10,15,25 etc profiles, and pally, and druid. I hate myself haha

Anyway, back on track. To the OP. Go configure VuhDo . It looks terrible right out of the box but once you fine tune it it is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    As a debuff I can do it but I want a circle or a square that becomes smaller and smaller instead of an obnoxious icon that not only is in the incorrect location but where I have zero way of knowing how close it is to expiring without actually reading and then processing the numbers. I have to switch raid frames because they cannot track the most crucial thing of the entire spec? Is there a reason why I can't select Atonement in HoT order but can manually type it in Debuffs? How about manually typing in HoT order? I can't believe this can be so difficult.
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/vuh...ement-support/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ye i dl VuhDo and i took me along time to understend how and what exactly i am doing thare
    it looks way batter now and ill try it at least fro my few raids but i wish they will make that you can download premade setings
    like weakauras those

I have just been using elvui raid frames with mouse over and clique add-on. I have used vuhdo Alot in wow too and recommend both, though elvui is a full ui not just raid frames.