Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ahuh... i havent seen many places without. infact previous empty palces are populated.

just a case of them matching up the shards

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Phasing isn't the issue its sharding (Outland doesn't have any phasing, save maybe for warlocks on their green fire quest).

Sharding is splitting players up on their own realm so they can't see each other anymore in an effort to reduce lag. It's been killing RP since the pre patch launched, so no. I'm not happy with sharding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    How in the world is this acceptable?
    I decided to recruit-a-friend myself last night to run up a couple more toons before Legion. My toons kept phasing out from each other, while friended, in a party together, and on /follow; so I'm 100% unhappy at the moment. I'm assuming the same thing is happening with real people playing in the open world in parties together right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Im not sure what server your on man, but on stormrage Goldshire is packed with people dueling, talking, etc. Its packed on Moonguard as usual. Durotar aka outside org is on stormreaver has a lot of people and even thats a medium pop realm. So, I dont know where youre at but I usually always see people at those specific places.
    Moonguard doesn't have the phasing, blizzard said they where going to remove it from rp realms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Moonguard doesn't have the phasing, blizzard said they where going to remove it from rp realms
    If they wont remove it on high populated realms too, i will considering quitting. If i wanted a low pop realm i would have gone there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I don't like CRZ never really have. It is buggy far too often and it doesn't fix the much larger issue of dead or dying servers. So they give us the illusion of busy servers and at the same time take away the few benefits of being on a dead server. At times it even feels like they are just trying to dangle the server transfer carrot. See all these people from server "x" pay us 30 bucks and you can play there too!
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Blizz should pull their shit together and should make one realm. The technology for mmos has evolved this several server shit make no sense at all. Top 4 server for pve pvp rp-pvp and rp pve
    Then people will complain they dont want to wait 10 hours for each quest. Even though i completely agree with you.
    I rather see thousands of people every town and quests then a half deserted realm. But hey, i am the crazy one in this one usually.

Quote Originally Posted by StAlia View Post
    Realm mergers is MMO-speak for 'the beginning of the end', so it seems some companies think that automatically makes every other solution better.

I haven't seen a single convincing argument for preferring phasing and cross realm over realm mergers - but it is what it is.
    Traditional mergers are destructive, both due to clashes and the non-reversibility of it.
    That is something that this new phasing, and the realm connections are trying to prevent the worst of.
    That is the argument against traditional mergers.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

No. Stormwind is packed to the brim near the banks and AH.

It got really bad last night when I was questing with my husband in Shadowmoon Valley and we were supposed to be standing next to each other but we were in different "phases". We had to drop group just to see each other! Several times. Very annoying. :/
    Last edited by MiladyArrow; 2016-07-26 at 08:47 PM.

Phasing in itself, I don't like it at all. I'm on my home server with another toon on my home server and I can't see them. Hated that is ESO, hate that in WoW.

Last night had some weirdness doing some quest, killed the quest mob, went to loot it, stuttered and then the mob was back beating on me and 2-3 people appeared. It's not smooth, it will probably get better

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Phasing isn't the issue its sharding (Outland doesn't have any phasing, save maybe for warlocks on their green fire quest).

Sharding is splitting players up on their own realm so they can't see each other anymore in an effort to reduce lag. It's been killing RP since the pre patch launched, so no. I'm not happy with sharding.
    What I notice is that Stormwind Trade District now has a magical spot where your FPS plunges down to 30, just like the garrisons have. Goldshire on other hand, with 4 times as much people (AD EU yo), has no performance drop of any kind...Max view distance, environment detail and ground clutter of course.

It's really fucking annoying to camp a rare down to 5 mins of its re spawn and you get phased to another realm because too many people came to the zone your in.

Let me opt our of CRZ and phasing please >.>
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Traditional mergers are destructive, both due to clashes and the non-reversibility of it.
    That is something that this new phasing, and the realm connections are trying to prevent the worst of.
    That is the argument against traditional mergers.
    They are actually making it twice as bad right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because it's fun to get a boss down to 10%, only to have it despawn because you were put into a new phase mid combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, never liked phasing and involuntary crz.

Seems kinda of random to me. Ive been spending a lot of time on the training dummies in SW and sometimes there will be a ton of peeps around me and the suddenly there is like 2, then a few minutes later there are suddenly tons of people again.

XR was the most fuck up ever. after 4-5 years of that shit, you still cant inspect others without clicking a thousand times, or fading away while inspecting them. and thats just 2 of around 20 technical problems. only technical ones. in addition to the community affected ones, after 4-5 years of that shit, like connected realms, server hopping, the new pug tool, toxic, ninjaing, and all that shit, i came to a simple solution that this was the biggest fuck up ever. instead just merging servers (the name problem of chars is easy solveable technically) they go this route, just to not say "we merge realms, omg wow is dying". hillarious crap for stupid politic reasons. pathetic.

Go try to do Kazzak with a stable of alts and then come back to report how much you enjoy this new "feature". They've completely broken the LFG tool.

just do a poll and ask ppl if they had liked merging server to around 20-30k servers more or less than XR. you will get > 75% for the first one.

I'm struggling to play with people on the same server as me, that are in my party. We are having to reform the party every 10-15 minutes to try and get back into the same phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...