Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Not only is it over performing, it's cheese gameplay that totally goes against Blizz's design. Whole spells were being dropped from the rotation.
    If they wanted spells to be used during the rotation, perhaps they should of compensated for that by buffing said spells? We still won't be using Call Dreadstalkers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good old blizzard ninja nerfing, no buffs to underperforming classes tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Demo in 7.0 was shadowbolt to 4 shards > HoG > Empower very sustainable and brainless.
    No, demo in prepatch was 1 shard > hog > empower

Not 4shard > hog > empower

Although 4set nerf directly affected class trinket nerf, call dreadstalkers spell is still probably not worth to use and rotation probably remains the same.

It's just instead of 180~200k dps on ~1min 40s Archimonde fight we're doing around 125k.

Imo it's huge nerf and imo demo is still more powerful than what it will be in Legion.

And yeah, Demolocks in Legion probably won't be that viable for serious guild progress, because... well u cannot switch targets effectively.
    Last edited by Wenoxar; 2016-07-26 at 08:02 AM.

In legion the only viable spec for raids will be destro, which is good for 2 targets only, we cant do any kind of AoE dmg.
    They made Rain of fire cost 3 shards and it does less dmg than mages blizzard which is baseline and costs mana only.
    We are in a pretty bad shape for legion, we will do mediocre dmg while being a pure dps class, blizzard intended this way, they prolly hate on warlocks and none of the class rework we got in MoP survived til Legion.
    Personally I would fire whoever was in charge of warlocks development for this expansion
    Top range classes for legion are spriests, fire mages and hunters, locks are at the bottom of the pack. The only good thing we got was fel armor which allows locks to be very tanky in most raid encounters.
    Last edited by n0n3; 2016-07-26 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Considering the fact that we literally had the biggest period in WoW history not so long ago when Warlocks were GOD tier, I think the above can be dismissed.

--

Just tried it, still doing fuckton of damage really, lower of course, but way ahead of other 2 specs for sure. I'd wish they buff other 2 so I won't feel pressured not to use them in raids until Legion.
    I'm sorry? the biggest period in WoW history? Warlocks were very strong in the SoO, then came WoD and they were shit tier until BRF Demo, even in HFC warlocks werent bad, they were good on all fights, but they werent the go to broken caster at all, mage and hunters took that spot once again. Other than that, warlocks have been decent/good, however, mages and hunter have been the two strongest ranged dps classes for the last 2 expansions.

Nerfing demo in the prepatch is weird, mages and hunters are still stronger than demo on most fights. All the players that thought demo would be broken in legion, well they are up for a surprise when they see how bad they are in a raiding environment.

If anything at all, blizzard should look at demo and realise 40% of their dmg is from the tier18 bonus, no other class has that huge amount of gap between having tier and not having it.

Deleted
    Demo locks in legion - twice the work and half the reward of mages and hunters, I mean, who could not want to play that? At least the nerf - which they didn;t even have the decency to list in a hotfix patch note, stops giving players a false impression of demo, so hopefully there will be fewer players going into Legion and wasting their time with it and messing around with the artefact before realising it's garbage in dungeons and raids. They should just stick with destruction, or better yet, just accept they'd be better off playing a mage or hunter, one of the high pop ranged dps that are never going to get nerfed because it would make too many players unhappy.

yeah our warlock's 4pc was doing like 20-25% of his total dmg and raping us. good riddance lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keniwa View Post
    even in HFC warlocks werent bad, they were good on all fights, but they werent the go to broken caster at all, mage and hunters took that spot once again. Other than that, warlocks have been decent/good, however, mages and hunter have been the two strongest ranged dps classes for the last 2 expansions.

Nerfing demo in the prepatch is weird, mages and hunters are still stronger than demo on most fights.
    In what world would a hunt put higher numbers than a lock in 6.2 ? Hunts were the lowest ranged dps after the Spriest buff, they were just good at switching and dpsing while moving.

And demo was absolutely insane before the hotfix.

This being said, still 3 buttons rotation, and no talent changes with this hotfix?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Demo locks in legion - twice the work and half the reward of mages and hunters, I mean, who could not want to play that? At least the nerf - which they didn;t even have the decency to list in a hotfix patch note, stops giving players a false impression of demo, so hopefully there will be fewer players going into Legion and wasting their time with it and messing around with the artefact before realising it's garbage in dungeons and raids. They should just stick with destruction, or better yet, just accept they'd be better off playing a mage or hunter, one of the high pop ranged dps that are never going to get nerfed because it would make too many players unhappy.
    What?

Marksmanship hunters were exceptionally strong only in HFC Normal/Heroic

And why is that? Because MM Hunters were extremelly easy-to-play to achieve top% bracket DPS, while other classes such as fire mage or destruction warlock were much harder. And in HFC Normal/Heroic there are tons of casual players who don't care (or cannot) about playing their spec to top level.

Assuming top skill: mm hunters were the weakest ranged spec right next to Elemental Shaman and Demonology warlocks.

Arcane mages and affliction warlocks would beat them on single target, and fire mages and destruction warlocks would beat them on AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    Meanwhile, Mages...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Meanwhile, Mages sit in trade chat whining about how DKs and paladins are OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I hope blizzard manages to tune the numbers so the highest DPS spec is only 5% above the weakest one. Biggest issue with locks is not only that we our dmg got nerfed to the ground, we also lost our tools, they got moved into talents. Just try the new demonic circle and see what I mean, who would choose TP over Dark pact? I am just curious who thought that making demonic circle a single button was a great idea...
    Overall there won't be any reason to bring more than 1 lock to your raids and it was how blizzard intended it from what I understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Meanwhile, Mages sit in trade chat whining about how DKs and paladins are OP
    We do not compare apples to oranges, mages are ranged, dk and paladin are melee.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    We do not compare apples to oranges, mages are ranged, dk and paladin are melee.
    That was part of the joke...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keniwa View Post
    I'm sorry? the biggest period in WoW history? Warlocks were very strong in the SoO, then came WoD and they were shit tier until BRF Demo, even in HFC warlocks werent bad, they were good on all fights, but they werent the go to broken caster at all, mage and hunters took that spot once again. Other than that, warlocks have been decent/good, however, mages and hunter have been the two strongest ranged dps classes for the last 2 expansions.
    Hunter strongest ranged DPS class for the last 2 expansions? lol? Dude, what are you smoking? I want some of that stuff too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Don't you know only mages can be #1..
    Mages is always #1 and if not, then second , when locks rules.
    Here have a cookie

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Let me tell you a Story of Pandaland:

Warlocks, or any other class for that matter, are no Mages or Rogues and so Blizzard will ensure their DPS is lower at all times!
    Find the mistake.

This image says it all my warlock brothers and sister. P.S. - Notice how long the mages switch hasn't been touched.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    In legion the only viable spec for raids will be destro, which is good for 2 targets only, we cant do any kind of AoE dmg.
    They made Rain of fire cost 3 shards and it does less dmg than mages blizzard which is baseline and costs mana only.
    Are you kidding me? Ya the base damage might be lower than blizzard but mages have to CHANNEL THE SPELL while we simply have to cast it and can do other things. Also you are forgetting the most important part about Rain of Fire now...IT STACKS. And on fights where you will actually use it, you will also be using Cataclysm which will dot everyone with immolate (causing you to be swimming in shards) and you will literally get to cast 3-4 rain of fires back to back dealing like a chaos bolt of damage to each enemy every second.

But no ya, Rain of Fire is suuuper bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifterstorm View Post
    Are you kidding me? Ya the base damage might be lower than blizzard but mages have to CHANNEL THE SPELL while we simply have to cast it and can do other things. Also you are forgetting the most important part about Rain of Fire now...IT STACKS. And on fights where you will actually use it, you will also be using Cataclysm which will dot everyone with immolate (causing you to be swimming in shards) and you will literally get to cast 3-4 rain of fires back to back dealing like a chaos bolt of damage to each enemy every second.

Got to agree that triple or quad stacked Rain of Fire is pretty silly. It does snowball fast, but then things need to stay inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifterstorm View Post

Nope, Blizzard has a cast time and a cooldown now

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxic View Post
    Let me get this straight... The autistic monkeys at Activision Blizzard left Arcane mage alone for the entirety of HFC, but they nerf warlocks one week into pre-patch.

Am I missing something?
    Did you see the part where those who are even less intelligent than autistic monkeys rushed to defend this because "well, locks used to be good"? If so, then you're pretty much caught up.
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    People who use "/thread" are not morons - even morons aren't that fucked up.
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.