Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Being Jewish gives her more bonus points. I don't know why, but I find many of them oddly attractive in a generalized way.
    Well both are Israeli (Natalie Portman kinda is)

that military training helps

Thanks for that! I had to google it to confirm.

"The character is a founding member of the Justice League, demigoddess, and warrior princess of the Amazons, which are based on the Amazons of Greek mythology."
    I read a lot of Greek mythology growing up so it's something I'm knowledgeable about.

Guess I'm the only one who thinks the disturbing part of this is that someone asked Twitter for advice?

Israel is pretty fucked atm, Netanyahu has become a nut and the land grabbing needs to stop since it's been declared illegal and it riles up the Palestinians. Hamas are the lowest kind of scum who sell their own people out in every conceivable way to further their own agenda, the people of Palestine deserve better. Neither side is immune from criticism and for good reason.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Where did I say "not supporting Israel." I flat out said they've undermined. You're just closing your ears and eyes and somehow pinning it on Israel's support.
    Well you made the claim that the right is the one supporting Israel as if that has anything to do with being antisemitic or not. So how has the left attempted to undermine them? Surely you could provide examples.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I read a lot of Greek mythology growing up so it's something I'm knowledgeable about.
    Greek and Norse mythology are some of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    That's what they all keep saying. Lefties just need something to hate, and with their Muslim toyboys anti-semitism is the natural next step.
    But being opposed to Zionism is not the same as being anti-Semitic. That's like saying anyone who opposed the apartheid in South Africa must have hated white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Which policies are Antisemitic? Not supporting Isreal is not Antisemitism.
    Where do people keep pulling this nonsense that this left hate of Jews is somehow directly drawn from not supporting Israel. Hint: It's not what people are saying so stop using that as a strawman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Guess I'm the only one who thinks the disturbing part of this is that someone asked Twitter for advice?

Israel is pretty fucked atm, Netanyahu has become a nut and the land grabbing needs to stop since it's been declared illegal and it riles up the Palestinians. Hamas are the lowest kind of scum who sell their own people out in every conceivable way to further their own agenda, the people of Palestine deserve better. Neither side is immune from criticism and for good reason.
    This is getting close to off topic, but I question how much of it is Netanyahu's own opinions, and how much of it is his satisfying his coalition partners in Yisraeli Beiteinu and Jewish Home.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post

how can you hate this? she looks so cute
    Welp.

I'm in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But being opposed to Zionism is not the same as being anti-Semitic. That's like saying anyone who opposed the apartheid in South Africa must have hated white people.
    "The holocaust was a good thing" -Almost every Muslim leader of a country/politician in the ME.

Where do people keep pulling this nonsense that this left hate of Jews is somehow directly drawn from not supporting Israel. Hint: It's not what people are saying so stop using that as a strawman.
    Then where are the examples of liberals hating Jews?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's literally what he said.

Anti-Semitism is rife in left wing politics, much of it stems from anti-Israeli policies that went too far.
    To paraphrase: Antisemitism is rife in left wing politics stemming from anti-Israeli policies.

All I asked is what policies those were. HE brought up the policies, not me.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I had attended better schools. So many things I was interested in, just didn't get covered much. We touched on Greek mythology, but didn't get to deep into it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Really?? This seems to be a bunch of people that just don't like someone for a specific reason or just trolling by that matter.
    Well, if these people would happen to be men this would be covered all over the news as misogynistic hatecrime.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zUGSh2Q.gif
    how can you hate this? she looks so cute
    I would celebrate 8 days of Chanukah with her, 8 crazy nights...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then where are the examples of liberals hating Jews?
    A lot of liberals are jews....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I would celebrate 8 days of Chanukah with her, 8 crazy nights...
    I see what you did there

"The holocaust was a good thing" -Almost every Muslim leader of a country/politician in the ME.
    Actually, most don't say that, but nice try. On top of that, those guys are ultra-conservative dipshits, hardly the liberals you are whining about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Well you made the claim that the right is the one supporting Israel as if that has anything to do with being antisemitic or not. So how has the left attempted to undermine them? Surely you could provide examples.
    Actually it does. Supporting it(it stemmed from giving the Jews consolations from the Holocaust essentially) is pro Jewish. Being against it however is not anti Semitic

15+ Year Old Account
    Amazonian women.
    The Amazon River is named after the mythological Greek all-female warriors, called The Amazons, prior to knowledge that South America even existed.

The correct look for an Amazonian Warrior then, would be Mediterranean-but-not-quite-Greek: which somebody from the Levant is perfectly able to play.

She's well cast for the role in aesthetic, except for obviously being twiggy compared to Wonder Woman - who is often portrayed as being very fit/toned, even muscular (particularly in her more modern iterations):

Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

It's actually pretty true. In the US the right has been the ones supporting Israel and the Jews for quite a while and in the meantime the left has tried to ultimately undermine them while also somehow excluding them from their little victimization nonsense. I wouldn't be shocked if those little "forbidden words" posters colleges have now didn't include "Man I just got jew'd". Oh and yes I found out those were real when I went to an orientation at a state school last Friday. Luckily the guy was like "Let's just breeze past this"
    The difference is that "The Left" understands that neither side is innocent, yet the government continues to support one side no matter what they do, due purely to financial ties to the US.
    We are bound up in this "You are either with us, or against us!" paradox, when in reality we need to be with them towards coming to a peaceful resolution, and against the continued violence and bloodshed being perpetrated by both sides.
    Just because one side is wrong, doesn't mean that the other side is any less wrong.