Floating Combat Text issue

Good afternoon,

Just wanted to toss this up here to see if anyone else has encountered something similar.

Every time I log back into the game I am having to re enable not only my self FCT but also the damage and healing FCT for my targets as well as other players by using the /run console commands for each of the Cvar variables.

I have downloaded the new advancedinterfaceoptions addon and have checked both of these options within the menues there as well as enabling it on the Cvar tab within the addon to no avail. I am still having to re enable these options via chat commands every time.

I heard mention that MSBT addon is overwriting these settings for some reason. I do have this installed but there was no solid evidence in the post about it. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

I don't use MSBT for the actual scrolling combat text. I only have the section for static notifications enabled for when some things come off cooldown.

Thanks !

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this is related, but I'm facing something similar. I can't see those numbers above enemies (or friendlies if I'm healing) showing theamount of healing or damage. I'm talking about those yellow numbers, not addon related. I also use MSBT, but could also see both the yellow numbers and MSBT numbers. Maybe it's MSBT doing it, but I can't seem to find an option for it to not overwrite Blizzard's SCT.

Deleted
    It's MSBT overwriting the cache settings. I'll find you a link to sort it out in a while, I'm just at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintry View Post
    It's MSBT overwriting the cache settings. I'll find you a link to sort it out in a while, I'm just at work.
    You would be a god among men if you have a way to fix this. I suppose I don't see why MSBT would be overwriting my FCT if I don't even have the scroll areas for those turned on.

Anyway the help will be appreciated. Like the poster above it is both the yellow damage numbers and green healing numbers I'm having to re enable every time upon login. The default blizzard FCT.

- - - Updated - - -

So I browsed around and found that the latest version of MSBT includes this

-- Disable Blizzard's combat text if it's the first load.
    - if (isFirstLoad) then DisableBlizzardCombatText() end
    + --if (isFirstLoad) then DisableBlizzardCombatText() end
    + if GetCVar("enableFloatingCombatText") ~= "0" or GetCVar("floatingCombatTextCombatHealing") ~= "0" or GetCVar("floatingCombatTextCombatDamage") ~= "0" then
    + DisableBlizzardCombatText()
    + end

Would this be something the author would have to remove or are we able to go into the addon manually and remove these lines so that it does not do the first login check to disable the default FCT?

Deleted
    There's a new version of MSBT out that supposedly fixes this, however, if it doesn't (haven't tried it yet) then: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...oating_combat/ is the solution I used. When he suggests deleting the entire block, I did that and it worked out just fine.

There's a new version of MSBT out that supposedly fixes this, however, if it doesn't (haven't tried it yet) then: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...oating_combat/ is the solution I used. When he suggests deleting the entire block, I did that and it worked out just fine.
    I will definitely be checking this out when I get home. Hopefully it does the trick. I know it's not game breaking or anything, but boy is it annoying !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yurimeta View Post
    I will definitely be checking this out when I get home. Hopefully it does the trick. I know it's not game breaking or anything, but boy is it annoying !
    The new version of MSBT also works perfect, so if you update that, you should be fine.

The new version of MSBT also works perfect, so if you update that, you should be fine.
    Yep updated it yesterday when I got home and the FCT is persisting through logging in / out now. Glad it was fixed.