Oh shit /r/anime SSY rewatch hit that episode. Hospital episode so good.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    What does Hotarubi no Mori e have to do with any of the 4 seasons? Found a batch of all 4 plus an OVA and
    it includes that movie.
    by the same author, he did that before natsume. don't think there's much more than that
    also it's good and short so you should watch it anyways
    Last edited by bals; 2016-07-26 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    I can't help but feel Zestiria is a prime example how quality animation and directing can make an anime. The story is generic as fuck(Exploiting nature bad, environment good, war bad, peace good, such politics, much conspiracy), MC pair(Sorey/Princess) is as bland and stock as it gets and only some of the side characters are at all interesting(Kitsune guy and trader girl assassin)... and yet I watch it with pleasure simply because it's a feast to the eyes.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2016-07-26 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does Hotarubi no Mori e have to do with any of the 4 seasons? Found a batch of all 4 plus an OVA and it includes that movie.
    Seems like it's just something made by the same author as Natusme.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watch maybe 2 and that's it. There are a few right now that are ranting and/or panicking about what will happen to manga after Bleach ends and I'm highly amused. Perhaps Bleach is the epitome of amazing manga and I just imagined all the other good shit I've read...
    They read Bleach yet they've never seen the weekly Shounen Jump rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    This week's episode was the first time that I actually questioned if I can watch all of this.
    Yeah, the show reached new heights of shit and the girls just didn't 'put out' enough to make it bearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    So there's like nothing interesting airing next season.
    I've literally seen this said every season, for the past 17 seasons.

Just a cursory glance gives me:

Sequels:
    Ajin
    Hibike
    Bungou Stray Dogs
    WIXOSS
    Gundam IBO

New Stuff:
    3gatsu no Lion

Not to mention most of the season hasn't even been announced yet.

cue Chelly comment on how all anime is terrible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Fall season looks like shit just like every other season

anime is trash
    There's no new JoJo shit, so it's not all that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    cue Chelly comment on how all anime is terrible
    pffft I made that joke yesterday when out-of-context quoting someone saying "I don't watch anime" youtube reviewers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It's okay jojo's will still be going strong
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    It's okay jojo's will still be going strong
    Wake me up when they adapt part 7.

15+ Year Old Account
    Amaama to Inazuma 04 - eat your goddamn veggies you little brat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Hm.. i think this thread needs more jojo songs:

Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Amaama to Inazuma 04 - eat your goddamn veggies you little brat
    I was fussier than her even when I was 12 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Nothing has changed though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was fussier than her even when I was 22 years old.
    [CENTER]

Oops! I missed the discussion on S&W E11-13+OVA. Well, I'll post this a day late, I suppose. Sorry!

First time watcher here.

Episode 11:
    Spoiler: 

“Why are you so nice?” “My personality, I guess…” “Y-you fool! As a man, you have to say that because you’re in love with me, even if you don’t mean it!” I find it amusing that Holo is so adamant in regards to controlling that narrative.

I like the fact that they go the extra mile in animating Holo’s tail when she’s feeling a certain way. It’s a nice little detail.

The conversation in the inn was very nice and very much appreciated by the…lackluster ending of episode ten. At this point, I’m rather curious on how Holo views Lawrence. It’s apparent that she likes him, but is she romantically interested in him? She very clearly wants to hear that she’s special to him, but aside from that, has she really done anything that’s indicated that she views him as more than a friend? Looking back on it, I think it’s rather apparent that they both are in love with one another, but it pains me that Lawrence is the only one that is articulating how he feels to the other. While I do (generally) have a thing for tsunderes, Holo is an interesting case for me: I like the fact that she has difficulty confessing how she feels, but at the same time, constantly berating him and not gradually revealing how she feels (such as someone, like, say Kurisu in Steins;Gate) frustrates me.

Episode 12:
    Spoiler: 

I like Holo, I really do. But this *constant* belittling and poking and prodding Lawrence is really getting on my nerves.

I’m sorry, but I couldn’t help but laugh at Holo’s…telepathy (?) to that wolf that was about to attack them. All I could think of was her saying “No. Bad wolf!” sternly.

Wait…that gigantic wolf isn’t Holo? I remember seeing it during the OP and assumed it was her.

So…I realize that Holo is a deity, but aside from that, there really hasn’t been any supernatural or anything like that in the show. What’s the deal? I feel like I’m missing something, because if there is really just a random super wolf at this point, that’d be like introducing a fifteen foot tall groundhog in Groundhog Day.

Jesus, why partner with anyone in this universe? At this point, I’d run off with Holo and never speak to anyone again.

Episode 13:
    Spoiler: 

Wait, so Holo didn’t transform…? I notice she’s fully clothed, she inferred that she’d be nude if she transformed… Ah, okay then. I’m not really certain what she meant that she did (in my defense, I was watching it very late)…

Man, I’m so used to my ecchi shows, when I hear “I should take my clothes off, right?”, I can’t help but get a little excited. In more ways than one. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And he comments on her *tail* when she’s nude in front of him? I…think that’d be the last thing I’d comment on if I was in that situation…

I find it amusing that she’s totally down with stripping down in front of him, but she wants him to close his eyes for her transformation.

Whoa, Holo’s carrying that guy by the head? Damn, she doesn’t fuck around.

Wow, Nora is very calm about this whole situation. If I had just been a part of a battle with a freaking deity, I would be freaking the fuck out.

Holo being concerned with whose name he called out strike me as peculiar. I understand her motivation for asking, but from my perspective, Holo is in zero danger at that point of time, and Nora is very much in trouble.

Ha, and then immediately after me typing that, Lawrence answers the opposite. And his reasoning gave me an honest chuckle: her name was shorter to say.
    Man, Holo is fun to tease.

…Oh, I’m always a sucker for OPs to play during the last episode of the season.

Seeing Chloe, I think was her name, at the very end reminded me of just how little screen time she got. Considering how much she got in the beginning, I thought it was going to be very different. I assume she’ll be more important in season two…?

So, my thoughts on season one: good, not great. I'm thinking 7/10. To those that enjoyed the show more than I, what specifically did you enjoy? I found the plot to be contrived and arbitrary (armor just happening to be worthless just after he procures them, for example). The characters were the highlight for me, with Holo being the (obvious) standout, and while I understand (and appreciate!) Nora as a foil to Holo, I found Nora to be rather boring. I liked the setting because it is something that I haven't seen in an anime before...but due to that setting, I feel like I've missed out on a lot of stuff (such as not understanding Lawrence's problem with bringing Holo along when trying to fix his debt). I vaguely, perhaps mistakenly, remember hearing that season two focuses more on the relationship of Holo and Lawrence, and less on merchant stuff, which is exactly what I want out of this show.

Episode 00
    Spoiler: 

“I’m nothing like that. Merchants only care about themselves.” Uh, Lawrence, that’s demonstrably untrue for you, multiple times over. I get that you’re deflecting, but that isn’t even close to being true.

That’s a very specific and bizarre torture method: putting salt on criminal’s feet, and then bring in sheep to lick them.

Holo sure is face palming a lot.

Hearing Holo’s thoughts was very much needed for me. Yes, there have been some developments in their relationship, but I’ve felt that it has been so one sided that it’s gotten on my nerves. I only wish that she could express those thoughts to Lawrence.

“[…]And when we wolves rub our noses together, it’s like when you humans…I can’t say it.” *hides from embarrassment* No, Holo, please do explain. It was just getting good.

“Why do you hold such a grudge against Nora?” You and I both know the answer to that, Lawrence. It’s not because she’s a shepherd, it’s because you are at least friendly with a member of the opposite sex, and Holo wants you.

One thing I noticed is that in almost every shot that Lawrence enters the room, his face is obscured.

After reading Neichus' comments on Episode 00, I can't say I agree about the 'fan service'. I don't think 'entertaining the audience' is 'terrible', especially considering that the previous few episodes have been super serious, not to mention none of this 'fan service' is a betrayal of character. When they change a character like, say, Yuna in FFX --> FFX-2, yeah, that I have a problem with. But this? Holo's jealousy has been a reoccurring thing - to the point that I've both laughed and (more often) groaned about it. Nora's innocence is her character. I can understand not enjoying some of these elements, but I can't understand why this is singularly on this episode. Do you dislike these things in general, Neichus?

Anyway, I liked this episode a lot. In my eyes, this is what I want, and this is Spice and Wolf at its best. I haven't been a fan of the conflict in S&W (only their resolution and growth), but the banter? Sign me up. Like Neichus touched on, the best part of the episode was Holo's dreams, although I didn't pick up on Lawrence dying...I thought it was about having to leave him (or him leaving) in a general sense. I can see what you're saying though, and I like it. I'm eager to continue watching the rest of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was the opposite fussy. I would eat every veggie, but refuse to eat stuff like Mac n Cheese when it was made.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So, my thoughts on season one: good, not great. I'm thinking 7/10. To those that enjoyed the show more than I, what specifically did you enjoy
    The same things you did for the most part. The series runs on its relationships and I'm fond of the setting as not being the same as most anime. I also remarked on this early on, but I give the series extra points for creating Holo as a character who is difficult to define as well as handling nudity so tastefully. It settles at an 8/10 for me, so a bit higher than you but not by much.

I didn't feel that the plot elements were as contrived as you did. With regards specifically to the armor they give multiple hints along the way that something is wrong. The merchant in particular suddenly becomes contemplative when Lawrence asks for armor and then gives in to the demands far too easily; if Lawrence weren't so excited about making a killing he might have picked up on this, but the fact that it just slides costs him.

As to Episode 0, the reason I dislike it is because the interactions have no impact. That is, normally their banter has something to do with the plot or is part of shaping their relationship. As much as Holo's teasing drives you (and me at times) nuts, the constant testing also tends to result in certain situations where she realizes she's pushed him too far, or suddenly there bursts through a moment of genuine interaction. These give insight into each of them and are what help us appreciate how their relationship works.

However, during this episode nothing of the sort happens. They play out their parts as established from previous episodes, but as it is adrift between the two seasons it has no relationship to progressing a plot or affecting their relationship. What happens in episode 0 stays in episode 0. I suspect I'm also influenced by some knowledge from S2: (minor spoiler) We never see Nora again. Because of this I can't help but feel that the design of this episode was meant to pander to people who enjoyed the little three-way relationship before it vanishes.

10+ Year Old Account
    non anime but... wth Cat Cosplay

I think it's time I finally watch Monster. I've been putting it off forever and that's definitely something I need to rectify. I've actually started it twice but each time wasn't really in the mood for that type of show and didn't want to force it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I watched the One Piece Heart of Gold special that takes place before the movie. Fantastic. While it wasn't a "movie" per se, it was easily the best one. Olga was such a great character. Hopefully the movie carries on the special's momentum.