Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    how is illidan not a night elf?
    well, in the previous character description it was said that he is a demon as a race. now they changed it to Night Elf.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    well, in the previous character description it was said that he is a demon as a race. now they changed it to Night Elf.
    illidan came out of the vagina of a night elf, looks like a night elf, and his twin brother is a night elf.
    he's a demon, but also a night elf.
    he is a demonic night elf.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    so the new WoW page says that Illidan is a Night Elf and that Maiev is with the Alliance. isn't this.... well wrong???
    It wasn't until two days ago that I did Black Temple for shits and giggles when I found out that Maiev is a woman.

That's how much I've been paying attention to lore the past 11 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    There is still a lot of tuning left to do, unless they are fine with the expansion being a broken mess balance wise at launch.
    That can be hotfixed on release + following days, like they did in wod.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It wasn't until two days ago that I did Black Temple for shits and giggles when I found out that Maiev is a woman.

That's how much I've been paying attention to lore the past 11 years.
    I tried not to laugh. But I laughed anyway.

Re: Illidan - they had to change him to nelf, they are retconning to wedge him back into the hero category. You know, he did all this evil stuff but he did it for EXCELLENT REASONS so he's still a nelf, <3 him erryone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    WoD launch was total ebola. The game was literally unplayable for 3-4 days on my server, no joke.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

illidan came out of the vagina of a night elf, looks like a night elf, and his twin brother is a night elf.
    they could have simply put Night Elf/Demon.

thank you for a detailed description

15+ Year Old Account
    Illidan is like the Rachel Dolezal of WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    There is still a lot of tuning left to do, unless they are fine with the expansion being a broken mess balance wise at launch.
    I mean what did you expect? The whole expansion is rushed and filled with bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Right. Nearly 10 months of public testing is super rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Citation needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    WoD launch was total ebola. The game was literally unplayable for 3-4 days on my server, no joke.
    Well, most of that seemed to be the new shard tech they added, which ofc they spent 0 time load testing before putting it live. And then a lot of people returned to the game and just compounded it.

IMHO this time they tried to learn from their mistakes last time. We got the patch 6 weeks ahead of release, which is actually unprecedented I think - it's usually 4 weeks iirc. On top of that, they basically disabled every new feature except wardrobe and class changes, and gave themselves two weeks to address issues before proceeding with any of the in-game events. (I don't count the doomsayers as an event really, it's just getting a gray item from an NPC.)

I think the only major mistake they made this time was overestimating how many people should concurrently be in Stormwind. Clearly they wanted to beef up the #s there so when the invasion stuff starts, you don't have 1 guy on a lonely server fighting by himself. But that first few days, there were waaaaay too many people in SW. It's back to a manageable quantity of concurrent players per Stormwind "shard" now, and they segregated the RP people so they would stop wailing.

There are certainly a number of smaller bugs and issues, but none of them are totally crashing the game or making it completely unplayable for the majority of players (again, except for the excessive Stormwind lag the first few days last week).

I think the worst things they intentionally changed, by far, were: 1) the sheer volume of UI changes seem to have a lot of addon developers in a tailspin, with more than a few having to rewrite addons *from scratch*; and 2) there is something really wrong with the video. Like, I'm cool with the camera distance change, but there's something making my eyes hurt and making me nauseous, and things in many areas simply don't look right.

#1 is super annoying because let's face it, Blizzard abdicated good UI design years ago in favor of "free labor" from the playerbase to make large parts of the game more accessible. I craft quite a bit and I really, really miss Skillet, for example.

#2 is also super annoying for the percentage of the playerbase that has balance or vision issues triggered by whateverthefucktheydid, which they can't even really articulate. I frankly think they changed so much with the graphics engine that they themselves don't know what to do to address it, because they certainly aren't offering suggestions to players on things to try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Please help them by reporting the specific instances:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...-not-max-zoom/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...tion-sickness/

They do seem to have an idea about what may be causing this, you are right it is not just one thing and it seems they need more testing on it.

And for anyone asking what the hell this is all about, try Al'akir. The transition is ludicrous
    Yep I've posted there.

I think what makes me most frustrated about it is that I can't even find a summary list of what they changed. They mentioned various things during talks and whatnot, but there's no "patch notes" type list with enough detail in it to make heads or tails of... basically anything.

Their stance, as stated on the forums, is that they are "listening" to people. I take that to mean that they didn't keep good records of what they changed. This can happen in development - you get going and check in the code and it works, so you don't document it well (or document it at all, in some cases). And you continue on in this way for one or two years leading up to a major release, which then goes live, and suddenly a huge number of your customers are literally puking their guts up and you have NO IDEA what might be doing it.

So instead of them saying "here's what we changed, go try this list of adjustments/reversions/whatever", they are waiting for players to figure it out themselves. Which is kind of hateful. I mean anyone who pays attention to my posts knows I like Blizzard and I love their games and I don't hate on them much, but in this case, they are being wankers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I like Blizzard and I love their games and I don't hate on them much, but in this case, they are being wankers.
    That's likely the most honest Blizzard fanboy statement ever. There is no way someone could like Blizzard without hating them at least a little.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    So instead of them saying "here's what we changed, go try this list of adjustments/reversions/whatever", they are waiting for players to figure it out themselves. Which is kind of hateful. I mean anyone who pays attention to my posts knows I like Blizzard and I love their games and I don't hate on them much, but in this case, they are being wankers.
    Give the hyperbole a rest. Game development is an area that revolves around providing a seamless, highly polished experience, and at a code level that usually involves a huge number of edge cases and a lot of time and lines of code written just to make things "feel" right. So it's usually not at all realistic to expect a developer, especially in a part of the game like camera interaction, to just provide some kind of simple list of every aspect of how everything fits together. Doing so would involve a large amount of technical detail and background explanation that wouldn't make sense to the vast majority of users.

I imagine that you could deduce this if you even read their post on the sorts of factors that could be playing into these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    But why? Surely it would make sense to get some of this done in the full month we have until relase.

Do we know the exact release date yet for Legion? I mean, we know it is 30th of August, but what time on that day per timezone?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Do we know the exact release date yet for Legion? I mean, we know it is 30th of August, but what time on that day per timezone?
    Hasn't it always been midnight at server time?

10+ Year Old Account
    midnight pst

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    midnight pst
    Midnight server time. Big difference since this forum is not limited to the US.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death