Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to hear. They revealed the truth and should not be punished for doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    The criminal charges were dropped. The civil charges are still ongoing. I will love to see them prove that they did not deceptively edit the original footage or present them in any false way in order to defame Planned Parenthood. They may not go to jail, but they will be sued into bankruptcy.
    You mean, you hope they are.

If I filmed someone giving a report on WWII, then edited it to make it sound like the person supports Hitler's extermination of the Jewish people, then presented it to the public that this person is racist, I could easily be sued for defamation. It wouldnt be parody, it would cause problems for that person's public image, it's defamation. Same situation happened to Planned Parenthood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well obviously in a country that gives rapists 3 months anything could happen, but I would hope the US judicial system does not fail in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    We do not know that did any of that.

They are deemed innocent until prove guilty. All charges have been dropped, therefore nothing you say they did was true.

Not hard to understand this simple concept.
    Nope, we saw the unedited hour and a half footage and the 9 minute video. The 9 minute video had none of the mentionings by the PP representative that they could not sell fetal tissue. But it magically had the part where she said she wanted a Lamborghini, like it was her trying to say that she wanted a Lamborghini for fetal tissue. The 9 minute video tried to show that they were haggling for prices of tissue but it didn't show that literally right after they said a potential price of what it COULD BE WORTH, that the PP representative said that they, again, COULD NOT SELL FETAL TISSUE.

So yes, WE DO KNOW THAT THEY DOCTORED A VIDEO to make it look like Planned Parenthood was selling fetal tissue and yet, a dozen or more state investigations and federal investigations showed there was no selling of fetal tissue or anything else.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Well obviously in a country that gives rapists 3 months anything could happen, but I would hope the US judicial system does not fail in this case.
    I think in your opinion, it has already failed. Main reason is, justice was served, it just happens not to be the one you wanted.

Just curios, how many more gun regulations would you actually like to see?

Spell them all out.
    How about, mental testing to make sure they aren't crazy or have PTSD. Closing the Gun Show loophole that is in 33 states the don't require background checks for personal sales? Where gun retailers "claim" they are personal sellers to get rid of inventory and to make a few bucks. But selling 500 AR-15s in a month, is not a personal seller. You know, what even 90% of gun owners want?

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    By pro-life, of course you mean anti-choice religious fanatics.

EDIT: There can be no compromise, and no peace with religious fundamentalists. Especially those attempting to impose their unprovable beliefs on others by passing them into law.
    I can hear your fedora tipping all the way over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Revealed what truth? That they lied and used false credentials to make gullible people like you believe that PP was selling fetal tissue? Even though EVERY SINGLE INVESTIGATION showed it wasn't true?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I saw no editing in the version I saw or I simply understood the process enough to know that nothing they were doing was unethical or illegal. I mean she flat out told them that part of the cost was the time they had to sit down with the mother and explain the medical waste versus research part. So unless people saw a different version than I saw, it was pretty clear nothing they did at PP was illegal or immoral.
    That must have been the raw footage, then. What they presented to everyone, and what was being passed around, was a highly edited version that made it look like there actually was illegal and immoral activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    How about, mental testing to make sure they aren't crazy or have PTSD. Closing the Gun Show loophole that is in 33 states the don't require background checks for personal sales? Where gun retailers "claim" they are personal sellers to get rid of inventory and to make a few bucks. But selling 500 AR-15s in a month, is not a personal seller. You know, what even 90% of gun owners want?
    STAHP SHITTING ON MUH FREEDUMBS ORBY STAHP IT NAO.

I mean, while your ideas are semi worthy of being glanced, we must adhere to an ancient piece of paper wrote by a group of people who magically believed they could see the future for our God Blessed And Great Union The United States Of By God America(tm) requiring average citizens to own firearms with little to no regulations because Reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post

I mean, while your ideas are semi worthy of being glanced, we must adhere to an ancient piece of paper wrote by a group of people who magically believed they could see the future for our God Blessed And Great Union The United States Of By God America(tm) requiring average citizens to own firearms with little to no regulations because Reasons.
    I know all the conservatives have said that the whole "shall not be infringed" bullshit is the only thing that matters and that they should have tactical fucking nukes. But the SCOTUS has ruled that reasonable restrictions like those I listed are ok. Otherwise they wouldn't have allowed other restrictions like gun bans like banning fully automatic weapons or making them EXTREMELY hard to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post

Are you saying we should do away with the Bill of Rights then?

Also in a country that finds misuse of e-mail servers that potentially endanger American lives as something not prosecutable, I think anything can happen.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Are you saying we should do away with the Bill of Rights then?
    No he isn't saying that. He is saying that even the Bill of Rights amendments can be limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    By pro-life, of course you mean anti-choice religious fanatics.

EDIT: There can be no compromise, and no peace with religious fundamentalists. Especially those attempting to impose their unprovable beliefs on others by passing them into law.
    What if you oppose abortion on non-religious grounds? Is your objection against religion, or just for abortion. Just trying to see where your logical fallacies are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No he isn't saying that. He is saying that even the Bill of Rights amendments can be limited.
    Why are you speaking for someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's no "belief" involved. They distorted and misrepresented what they actually found, to defame Planned Parenthood. The contents of their video are false. This isn't about "belief", at all. Believing real hard won't make 2+2=5, either. Same difference.
    Not what I was getting at, but good on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Also in a country that finds misuse of e-mail servers that potentially endanger American lives as something not prosecutable, I think anything can happen.
    You have to show that someone was endangered, not the possibility that it could happen. That is why she won't be prosecuted, because you have to show wrongdoing. Since there was no wrongdoing, there was no charges. She did give all of the ones that were MARKED PROPERLY that they were classified. The ones that weren't, from the sender, were overlooked and I am sure you have done something similar before.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you speaking for someone else?
    Because what he was saying was fucking sarcasm, but you apparently didn't fucking catch it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    I can hear your fedora tipping all the way over here.
    I literally have no idea what this means.

As for non-religious objections to abortion: I've personally never encountered one. I'll admit the possibility that they exist, but I have to say whenever I've encountered someone objecting to abortion it's been entirely on religious grounds. I'd be interested to hear some.

As for being "anti-religion": perhaps those who make that accusation of me haven't looked at my profile info.

I think belief is all very well; religious fundamentalism being set forth into the realm of supposedly secular laws is what I chiefly object to.

And frankly, I don't think men should be a part of the abortion debate at all. Let women decide this among themselves, I say. We men don't have wombs, and it is (in my view) the height of presumption to insert ourselves into this debate.

Corruption was exposed, justice was served, it was a good day.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Corruption was exposed, justice was served, it was a good day.
    This has already been asked repeatedly in this thread.

What was actually exposed? We have 10 posters saying that it was for the good of the people. And things should be exposed!

But when confronted on what that actually is, they've been silent.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.