Only passives that say they work for minions work for minions, sadly. Also, spell echo does work with SRS, but it only helps you summon them faster. It is still one of the best gem choices, however. Most people run SRS + echo + melee splash (swapping out to multistrike for bosses) + minion damage, melee physical I believe for 5th link though it's starting to come down to various preferences there. Gem slots are definitely a huge concern for summoners, it's a shame but it's another way to balance the game.

Ascendancy is good, it's just free strength for your character. Don't be fooled by the Necromancer, however, the bonuses to zombies and spectres are honestly mediocre. What necromancer does give you, though, is the ability to make flesh offering affect you, which is extremely awesome for SRS casters. My build was an occultist, using wicked ward + soul strike quiver to have near instant and permanent ES regeneration and an extra curse from the other passives.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Only passives that say they work for minions work for minions, sadly. Also, spell echo does work with SRS, but it only helps you summon them faster. It is still one of the best gem choices, however. Most people run SRS + echo + melee splash (swapping out to multistrike for bosses) + minion damage, melee physical I believe for 5th link though it's starting to come down to various preferences there. Gem slots are definitely a huge concern for summoners, it's a shame but it's another way to balance the game.

Ascendancy is good, it's just free strength for your character. Don't be fooled by the Necromancer, however, the bonuses to zombies and spectres are honestly mediocre. What necromancer does give you, though, is the ability to make flesh offering affect you, which is extremely awesome for SRS casters. My build was an occultist, using wicked ward + soul strike quiver to have near instant and permanent ES regeneration and an extra curse from the other passives.
    Going here now.

I've noticed how SRS works with echo (god it's great). It's a pity it does not apply to the totem support, so I might play around with those sockets a bit. The above build is expanding into duration, totem duration and max mana/manareduction. Since both duration and totem duration affect totems, it should last pretty long in the end and provide a lasting dps increase (especially paired with the cast-speed nodes).

The way I see it; Cast speed is burst, duration is consistency. That's why I'll likely value Spell Echo over Duration and grab duration nodes from the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    any rumors for an in-game AH / trading option?
    They have repeatedly said since the start of the games beta that there wasn't going to be an auction house, it's not going to happen.

They will implement better trade options into the game at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    any rumors for an in-game AH / trading option?
    Since the last league we have premium tabs with option to set them to public + set a price of any item. Item is then almost immediatelly listed on poe.trade
    More info: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1595024
    More such changes will come in the future.
    You can search the guides about how to use them by yourself
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-06-30 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Going here now.

I've noticed how SRS works with echo (god it's great). It's a pity it does not apply to the totem support, so I might play around with those sockets a bit. The above build is expanding into duration, totem duration and max mana/manareduction. Since both duration and totem duration affect totems, it should last pretty long in the end and provide a lasting dps increase (especially paired with the cast-speed nodes).

The way I see it; Cast speed is burst, duration is consistency. That's why I'll likely value Spell Echo over Duration and grab duration nodes from the tree.
    Yeah the duration nodes are definitely worth it. I would also suggest, if you like totems, to try ancestral bond. I believe that since minions do their own damage, you can take ancestral bond and still self-cast your own SRS, giving you two SRS totems + you casting SRS yourself. I think you still have the hard cap of 50 spirits at once, though, so it might be massive overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yeah the duration nodes are definitely worth it. I would also suggest, if you like totems, to try ancestral bond. I believe that since minions do their own damage, you can take ancestral bond and still self-cast your own SRS, giving you two SRS totems + you casting SRS yourself. I think you still have the hard cap of 50 spirits at once, though, so it might be massive overkill.
    I'm currently near 15+20 spirits. If the max count is global (which I think it's not, since they have separate icons) I won't need AB. I've thought about it if they are separate though, but that will likely be when I'm getting near the end of the build.

Actually, I might push that to asap, since I can always revert those points if the cap is global, while it will grant me a dps increase in the meantime.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-07-01 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Slaughty8
    okay thx, I will check the news from time to time, but for now, as a casual player with limited time, PoE is not... as fun as I'd like.
    I want to trade (buy and sell) but I don't have the time and patience to use third party programs / web sites.
    HF!

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually love how trading and interacting works in this game. I work a full time job with a two year old and picked the game up in the Perandaus league and it's awesome.

Just bought some premium stash tabs during the sale this past week and figured out how poe.trade works... made likt 5 chaos orbs, it is awesome!

Maaaan been trying to 6L my Marohi and I probably could've bought a 6L twice over now in what I've spent

Deleted
    After playing for like 3½ years on-and-off I finally made it to level 80 in a Hardcore league, playing a Doomfletch's Prism split arrow elementalist.

Also race season next week hype.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2016-07-16 at 10:54 AM.

Anyone here completed that silly grind that is 40 challenges in perandus?

I've been on 39/40 for a while, but this "maps from map bosses" one is killing me!

2 chars higher then 90, and im halfway, including double boss rolls on all triple boss maps :/

Any way to speed it up so i won't feel like gauging my eyes out?

I am aware piety works.. but that seems not much better unless you have an active group that knows what they're doing - and I don't
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Completed it weeks ago, the map one was my last as well but it wasn't that bad. Running high level well rolled maps gets you a lot of maps from bosses and doing Atziri runs can help a lot as there are 6 bosses in there that often drop maps.

Damnit I was hoping to do my first 6 link ever this league but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Haven't kept track but definitely 1500-2000 fuses and no luck . I wasn't even going to use it hah I was going to quit once I got it, but haven't been able to bring myself to log in lately just to try to scrounge up some more fuses. I'm gonna liquidate all my currency and give it one last go tonight but with WoW pre-patch tomorrow I probably won't be back to PoE seriously for a year or so. Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Damnit I was hoping to do my first 6 link ever this league but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Haven't kept track but definitely 1500-2000 fuses and no luck . I wasn't even going to use it hah I was going to quit once I got it, but haven't been able to bring myself to log in lately just to try to scrounge up some more fuses. I'm gonna liquidate all my currency and give it one last go tonight but with WoW pre-patch tomorrow I probably won't be back to PoE seriously for a year or so. Wish me luck!
    I managed to fuse 2 uniques this league. Before that only did it 1 time(+1500h playtime)

Managed to put together 200 fuses and got the 6 link in ~130

It would appear that Garena RU is shutting down, and that there will be a player migration for the garena accounts to GGG servers.

Woo, multi threaded frame processing to be tested in 2.3.3, the results on the vid look promising

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Woo, multi threaded frame processing to be tested in 2.3.3, the results on the vid look promising
    also the name of the next expansion: "Atlas of Worlds"

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    This made me slightly moist in my panties as I have an i7 with a 970 card. =)

Atlas of Worlds - the upcoming expansion - we still don't know what it is but we can guess it's gonna be focused on the endgame mapping. Hopefully it could also normalize the leveling process instead of running normal-cruel-mercilles outdated design.