Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not, because I'm skeptical as well, especially with Microsoft's lack of a unified message for their spokespeople on the console. I think if anything, we'll likely see the additional power used for higher/more stable framerates and/or more graphical goodies for a while. There's not enough 4K TV's to make pushing 4K native resolutions too attractive.

I mean, when one of your spokespeople is literally saying that folks who don't have a 4K tv will see no benefit, there are major issues with their external messaging : P
    Right, I loled so hard at that statement.

Ya totally not going to see a performance difference in games at 1080p on better hardware GTAV on ps4 and ps3 look and ran the same

Well I guess if you leave games as they are (shitty performance) you mite not. I am happy that there will be Neo level's of performance and classic ps4 levels and you can pick the one u want.

But that's OT and this is about the NX.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    First that's not what you said. You said

Second ya it can, did you not check the details I posted under the 1080 video?????

Witcher 3 was running on ultra (without hair) and getting around 40fps, if you drop it to high it can reach 60fps. If you cap the fps it will run at 30fps. Don't know about you but for a lot of people 30fps ultra witcher 3 and 60fps high witcher 3 is quite playable.

You have been proven wrong by me and everyone else in this thread, hang your head and move on. I am not going to touch on everything else u said because once again you have been factually proven wrong time and time again.
    if i have to lower the settings or play at 30 fps what the fuck is the point if you're spending that kind of fucking money?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if i have to lower the settings or play at 30 fps what the fuck is the point if you're spending that kind of fucking money?
    To play at 4k....... or to play other games on ultra at 1440p or whatever setting you wish.

You act like personal preference is everyone's preference and it isn't. Hell witcher 3 takes a hell of a rig to run at ultra 60fps/1080p so the fact we can do 4k/30fps of it is just awesome.

Also once again you can run it on high at 60fps/4k and it still look fucken amazing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

To play at 4k....... or to play other games on ultra at 1440p or whatever setting you wish.

You act like personal preference is everyone's preference and it isn't. Hell witcher 3 takes a hell of a rig to run at ultra 60fps/1080p so the fact we can do 4k/30fps of it is just awesome.

Also once again you can run it on high at 60fps/4k and it still look fucken amazing.
    personal preference is personal preference but if i spend over 1000 dollars i damn well better get the highest settings at over 60 fps. otherwise i will destroy the god damn planet
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    personal preference is personal preference but if i spend over 1000 dollars i damn well better get the highest settings at over 60 fps. otherwise i will destroy the god damn planet
    Whatever floats ya boat, my point is and has been proven you can game quite well at 4k.

Providing you drop the money for it. Hell I give no fucks about 4k or 2k to be honest. I have only had a flat screen tv for like 4 years now and only two of those years was it 1080p LOL.

ill go 4k when I can buy the tv's for like $100.

7+ Year Old Account
    As I said you clearly don't understand hardware or software.

To be honest do I think the XboxOne Scrop will do 4k native? Nope but they can make a lier out of me because I know consoles can push hardware to its limit.

Go make a PC that is a quad core CPU or (equal to Xbox360/Ps3 spec ) and 512mb ram. Show us how well GTA V runs on it.

This topic really ended when you said that cloud power improved titanfall's graphics on Xb1.
    You lost any chance of being taken seriously. You're trying to argue that consoles can push the limits of their hardware better than a PC can. A console is a PC...with limits. Whereas a PC has no hardware restrictions and thus potentially no limits.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    You lost any chance of being taken seriously. You're trying to argue that consoles can push the limits of their hardware better than a PC can. A console is a PC...with limits. Whereas a PC has no hardware restrictions and thus potentially no limits.
    There's a difference between, "We can brute-force our way to insane graphical fidelity, efficiently maximizing the hardwares capabilities be damned!" which is what you're talking about on PC and "We have literally spent 5 years figuring out ways to use every single ounce of power that can be squeezed out of this hardware and have pushed it past what people thought it was capable of."

Yes, consoles do push the limits of their hardware better than PC does. PC has the edge in that it has constant hardware refreshes that allow it to brute force its way to far superior graphics, especially later in a consoles life cycle when it's running on comparatively ancient technology. But when you look at the graphical fidelity of games that came out at launch for last gen consoles and then those those that came out at the end of their life cycles, it should be pretty painfully clear that the hardware is being pushed to its limits. You're not going to get similar results out of 8+ year old hardware on PC's, period.

Here's a quick comparison

Launch title:

Years down the road:

There's simply not the time to push PC hardware the same way given that they don't have a closed system to spend years working on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There's a difference between, "We can brute-force our way to insane graphical fidelity, efficiently maximizing the hardwares capabilities be damned!" which is what you're talking about on PC and "We have literally spent 5 years figuring out ways to use every single ounce of power that can be squeezed out of this hardware and have pushed it past what people thought it was capable of."

Yes, consoles do push the limits of their hardware better than PC does. PC has the edge in that it has constant hardware refreshes that allow it to brute force its way to far superior graphics, especially later in a consoles life cycle when it's running on comparatively ancient technology. But when you look at the graphical fidelity of games that came out at launch for last gen consoles and then those those that came out at the end of their life cycles, it should be pretty painfully clear that the hardware is being pushed to its limits. You're not going to get similar results out of 8+ year old hardware on PC's, period.

Here's a quick comparison

Launch title:

Years down the road:

There's simply not the time to push PC hardware the same way given that they don't have a closed system to spend years working on.
    You don't have to push PC hardware to its limits because PC hardware never becomes obsolete, you just update it. So I guess you're right that consoles are better at trying to salvage a sinking ship? Not sure that's something to really brag about...

You don't have to push PC hardware to its limits because PC hardware never becomes obsolete, you just update it.
    You were literally responding to a post about pushing hardware to its limit, not that PC's are modular and are able to run current hardware.

So I guess you're right that consoles are better at trying to salvage a sinking ship?
    Sinking ship? I'm so confused right now...what ship is sinking?

Not sure that's something to really brag about...
    I don't know, I don't think it's pretty impressive to see what developers have done with super limited and outdated tech last gen, as it is near the end of every generation.

That being said, let's not turn this thread into a PC vs. Console debate, which is where I fear this discussion is heading.

So what was supposed to be Nintendo's next new awesome home gaming console with awesome graphics and hardware on par or better than the PS4 is actually a Handheld meant to replace the 3ds? That's real lame, was hoping for a Home Console.

Well I guess if the rumor of using Nvidia's Tegra X2 "parker" chip is true than it will at least be the best handheld on the market with the best Mobile SoC at least in terms of graphics.

Here are the specs for Tegra "parker" SoC which could be similar to the chip in the NX if rumors are true:
    ARMv8 based Denver cores + ARM A57 cores.
    Up to 8gb DDR4 ram
    Pascal based GPU with up to 4gb GDDR5
    Made on TSMC 16nm Finfet+.

Should be more powerful than the Wii U at least. Nvidia's chip is a great choice for a Handheld.

Meh..

I'll still buy 2 of them probably.
    Last edited by Phaere; 2016-07-27 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    So what was supposed to be Nintendo's next new awesome home gaming console with awesome graphics and hardware on par or better than the PS4 is actually a Handheld meant to replace the 3ds? That's real lame, was hoping for a Home Console.
    Nintendo has never, ever indicated that the NX would be on-par with current gen consoles in terms of hardware capability, as far as I remember. They've actually been pretty clear that they don't view competing on hardware.

The only people pushing that narrative have been the bullshit "sources" and their "leaks".

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    Should be more powerful than the Wii U at least.
    On paper yes, but I seriously question how much of the power they can actually use while keeping the power draw down and battery life up. This seems to be something no one is taking into account. You have cell phones and tablets surpassing Wii U but you don't see games or apps actually showing said power because it would drain the battery life faster then a hooker can drain a virgin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    On paper yes, but I seriously question how much of the power they can actually use while keeping the power draw down and battery life up. This seems to be something no one is taking into account. You have cell phones and tablets surpassing Wii U but you don't see games or apps actually showing said power because it would drain the battery life faster then a hooker can drain a virgin.
    Well it's possible it can switch to 720p and underclock while portable and then switch to 1080p while plugged in?

- - - Updated - - -

The Nvidia Tegra X1 also is 0.5 TFlops, I don't see why a Pascal chip (being on a smaller process) can't increase that significantly. It should be able to offer raw performance on the level Xbox One (or just under it). Not nearly on par with the Neo or Scorpio of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Seeing the latest news about the NX: Isn't this basically akin to the PS TV, but with the novelty of half-function controllers you can undock at home? I'm already playing games on my Vita on the go, then firing up the PS TV at home to continue my progress.

This is going to be another case of peripheral bloat for Nintendo where you're compelled to buy full controllers for home use, as the default one isn't nearly as functional as the modern standard dual-analog ones.
    Kind of how I read it sadly.

If true, why Nvidia's Tegra SoC. It'd be one beefy graphical machine for mobile, but the Denver core is still lagging behind comparisons like Apple's Twister, QC's Kryos and the Samsung one I forgot the name of if it even had one for ARM cores.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-....130274.0.html
    PS4's / Xbone's weakest link is the CPU. AMD's CPUs suck, yes, but they're still better than the Denver cores is the issue.
    If it's using Tegra X1, there's the handicap of it being as a mobile. Nbc's benchmark of Google's Pixel C notes it as using almost 14W, which is 50% more (8/9W) than the competition's SoC. Which for a mobile is extremely high and will get hot / throttle without some sort of cooling solutions. The biggest issue is if it's going to be mobile.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-....158868.0.html

10+ Year Old Account
    If the NX is using Tegra it would likely be the new version of it, which includes Pascal and Denver2 chips:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/30976...n-its-way.html

Of course the NX won't be close to the performance of the Nvidia Drive PX2 if the handhold rumors are true, but it will very likely have some sort of Pascal + Denver2 part with unified memory.

Utterly clueless on what the performance of the Denver2 would be like though, but I'm certain being on 16nm helped with power draw and performance compared to 28nm.

If this rumor is true though, it's near certain we are looking at some version of Parker.

10+ Year Old Account
    More than likely. It's that mobile part that's the biggest concern for it. If it was just a stationary home console with all that stuff, then I wouldn't be this concern, but the moment it got the mobile tag on it, that's where issues become.

i dont see the nx being weaker than the xbox one. it wont be as strong as ps4 but it'll definitely beat xbox one

10+ Year Old Account
    A handheld with power greater than xbox one? Goodbye battery.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    A handheld with power greater than xbox one? Goodbye battery.
    obviously wouldnt be that strong on the go, but this is a hybrid. its not JUST a handheld. its a handheld AND a console.