Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Is it really too hard to comprehend that some people play this game to have fun and want to go at their own pace instead of rushing to max level ASAP?
    You won't be doing yourselves any favors rushing anyway. You'll still have to wait for everyone to catch up in order to do group content. Unless you enjoy waiting hours for your Heroic Dungeon queue to pop.
    No it's not difficult to comprehend at all. What is difficult to comprehend is why you're here, in this thread, posting, replying to people, when this thread has nothing to do with your personal goals or view of the game. If you're not interested in speed levelling to 110 why even bother post here? This is who this thread is aimed at. Don't go into a sports shop and start complaining about how shit sports are. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Is it really too hard to comprehend that some people play this game to have fun and want to go at their own pace instead of rushing to max level ASAP?
    You won't be doing yourselves any favors rushing anyway. You'll still have to wait for everyone to catch up in order to do group content. Unless you enjoy waiting hours for your Heroic Dungeon queue to pop.
    I don't think you've ever rushed to know that, given the queues tend to be the fastest and best pug groups you'll ever see. It goes downhill fast after a couple days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Here you go.... everyone is having a cry about this so it will probably get nerfed.

Personally I don't see a problem with it, at the end of the day you have to do all the zones to unlock world quests anyway. Also there is no world first achievements any more so whats the point really. People should be able to level how they want and if that means doing 5 levels before even getting your artifact then go for it
    Problem with this is the treasures and Gorgrond Monster Hunter is that most people probably already did them along with the bonus objectives. Also wouldn't missives be better than regular quests? Might have to check that out on the beta and see.

If it's a fresh 100 then it's probably not so bad.

The issue with it is that you'll be behind on zones and collecting the pillars which does offset some quests you'll get later on for different things, but that's easy to do at 110 since everything scales anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    The artifact quest alone might be a progression blocker.
    The artifact quest alone is easy. You can do it pretty easily at 100 for your main spec. At 102 its not so bad. I did the holy paladin one as Ret and you had to heal people (constant oom) and it was still manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Numptydumbty View Post
    You started the insults so don't cry there's a good chap.
    Because I called you out for using a foolish hyperbole "Everyone does x!"
    Thats not an insult, thats called correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    If you had any clue you'd know the cloak WAS better up to heroic due to how stats worked (it having all 3 stats on). You will if you've really palyed at all have 710+ (as that's a few hours of pvp / a few weeks of mythic dungeons), which is fine for taking out lvl 105's - in fact its basically what you'll have.
    Here's a clue. It's spelled played.

LFR heroes holding on to their welfare cloak thinking its worth it. It was easily replaced by quest rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Nice guide man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haelbrecht View Post
    I'd much rather enjoy the new content and absorb every tiny bit of lore and scenery.
    I am on a edge about this but the good thing is every zone will scale to you, sooo you can do both

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I don't think you've ever rushed to know that, given the queues tend to be the fastest and best pug groups you'll ever see. It goes downhill fast after a couple days.
    This is true. Besides i play with friends who are as driven as I am.

Lots of people with wrong information and general saltiness in here.

I've gotten all the server firsts on my server, but I'm lucky in that its a small one where the competition is limited to people leveling legitimately, as opposed to tagging rapidly respawning mobs and having a group of people there to kill them for you or other such shenanigans.

--Pre-questing is always worth it. Leveling in Legion will get you 12-16k xp per min, whereas turning in over 25+ quests for 700k+ in 10 min, is literally FIVE times faster.
    --Friendly rep isn't an issue in the slightest. Even pre-questing 700k worth of xp, the leveling path I take through Legion leaves me at HONORED with 3 of the 4 factions.
    --The things mentioned in the video (Draenor quests, BOs, and treasures) are probably not available to most Mains. However, anyone rerolling a DH will be able to get a shit-ton of xp from their fresh Draenors. Alts that didn't clear zones will also be able to make a lot of xp. My main is looking like about 700k in 10 minutes, primary two alts at 1.2m in about 20 minutes.

To mains that don't have content left in Draenor to stack, you need to think outside the box. Switching outpost buildings can unlock new questlines, as well as switching garrison buildings. Fishing, cooking, pvp, and pets also offer a lot of opportunities. Tanaan dailies and apexis missives were nerfed from 15k to 3.7k, but you should be able to quite a few 15k+ quests if you're clever. If you don't have Beta you're pretty much F'd, because the XP values in wowhead database seem to be completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    because EU will have only about 30 hours before 5ppl mythic reset and you will need to level 100-110 then gear about 820ilvl and then clear these mythics before weekly reset. so if you can win 4 hours in leveling its a great help. as for me i will not play all these 30hours. i will have only about 18 hours and these 4 hours means i can do mythics day1. day1 mythics means everything. you receive mass 840ilvl items. you faster open WQs with 835-840 rewards etc. if you can do mythics day1 then you can afk 5days and still be better geared then others who play everyday but dont do day1 mythics.
    Why do you only have abou 30 hours for mythic reset? Isnt expansion launched with weekly reset? Then you should have a full week to do the mythics... Or am I wrong and mythic dungeons reset on different day?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Why do you only have abou 30 hours for mythic reset? Isnt expansion launched with weekly reset? Then you should have a full week to do the mythics... Or am I wrong and mythic dungeons reset on different day?
    It launches reset day in the US. EU's resets aren't until Wednesday or so. So that gives the full 24 hours + whatever till reset time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    They will drop max level gear with this method.
    Sure but it doesn't really make a difference. There's a cap on standard gear, it's the world quests where you will be actually getting worthwhile upgrades, not these normal quests you would of wasting your time doing because you tried to level faster.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    People have made this claim every expansion that stacking quests was somehow useful, but in the long run it really has never been better than just diving straight for the new quests.
    The claim was absolutely verified to be correct. It took 5 mins to do about 60% of the first level. I think you do not like it because you forgot to do it but your opinion doesn't really matter I guess.

For this next xpac, I am not going to do any quests, firstly because I don't know where they are. They are all too spread out. I am just going to do treasures and bonus objectives. I timed a toon doing that and I was able to do the first level in 33 mins and I still had approx a level and a half to go with bonus areas and treasures.

The only caveat to this is that it is not just a race to 110. It is a race to 110 and then to get the reps to the right level (friendly I think it is) to get the world quests started. So it's grinding to 110 quicker and then grinding some rep, or level the "correct" way with less grinding done for rep because leveling the "correct" way will naturally get your rep up to the required level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It launches reset day in the US. EU's resets aren't until Wednesday or so. So that gives the full 24 hours + whatever till reset time.
    I think it is Wednesday 9 am, its almost impossible to level within 9 hours and find some group which will be able to clear some mythic dungeons.

The expansion launches on monday 00.00 so it's more than 9 hours no?

Given that we don't know how long we'll wait for the next xpac after Legion, why should we be in such a hurry to play through it?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Because I called you out for using a foolish hyperbole "Everyone does x!"
    Thats not an insult, thats called correction.
    You were being incredibly picky and started with the insults.

Not everyone wants to agree with you - live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    I think it is Wednesday 9 am, its almost impossible to level within 9 hours and find some group which will be able to clear some mythic dungeons.
    Didn't look into it when I originally quoted. Upon further inspection Tuesday 12:01 AM PST = Wednesday 7:01 UTC which is when raids reset in EU anyway. So really US would have a 10 hr advantage? Though like you said the odds of getting in a run in before reset are next to none.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    The expansion launches on monday 00.00 so it's more than 9 hours no?
    Nope, it launches at exactly 12:01AM on August 30th which is right at EU reset time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Didn't look into it when I originally quoted. Upon further inspection Tuesday 12:01 AM PST = Wednesday 7:01 UTC which is when raids reset in EU anyway. So really US would have a 10 hr advantage? Though like you said the odds of getting in a run in before reset are next to none.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, it launches at exactly 12:01AM on August 30th which is right at EU reset time.
    You do understand that it's Monday night 12:01 AM for EU players. So we do have the whole tuesday to level up, gear in heroics and grind out mythics in those 30 hours until reset on Wednesday morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haelbrecht View Post
    I'd much rather enjoy the new content and absorb every tiny bit of lore and scenery.
    Ye, i don't get this rushing either.

Everyone seems to be in a hurry these days.

I don't care whether it's 12.7% faster leveling, i don't want to see Draenor ever again.