View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Maybe it doesn't matter to you. But it certainly concerns a lot of people, who aren't you. Surprising that there are different opinions than yours?
    And a lot of people don't. Surprising isn't it?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-26 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Interface-Camera- Chnge the default from Near to Far. That is very far from what I looked at last night.
    And that is NOT what the facto default was before that silly change. You could zoom out waaaay further. And THAT is what THIS TOPIC is about....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    And that is NOT what the facto default was before that silly change. You could zoom out waaaay further. And THAT is what THIS TOPIC is about....
    And that if silly people will cancel their sub over it.

And that if silly people will cancel their sub over it.
    Whats silly is people who never used it or knew it existed arguing that it should stay gone..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I would never be able to play with the camera that far. I mean holy crap, how do you even know which one is your character?
    thats the toon in the center.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    If people get motion sickness from maxing out camera distance, then why the fuck do they max out the camera distance? Is it some Darwin bullshit? Blizzard should rather have a motion sickness warning in the slider. But i suspect in the grand scheme of things, this is done for another purpose, which they'd lie to keep hidden. Wouldn't be the first time.
    No, people didnt get sick from the old max but in legion blizzard has - without stating what - changed the camera so that it has NOW become very bad for lots of folks concerning motion sickness.
    I could play fine for 12 years but this new style is giving me headaches....

- - - Updated - - -

If you think the new far distance will impact you in any negative way then that is just silly.
    Right and all the people who start having motion sickness when playin are just silly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the developers sit around thinking about ways to aggravate the players for fun. Working for blizzard must be boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Whats silly is people who never used it or knew it existed arguing that it should stay gone..
    It should stay gone, it's an unfair advantage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dethavin View Post
    So let's get this straight.... Some of you on here and on the WoW forums are 100% loosing your shit over something that was never supported, never really made public by Blizzard
    Right thats why there ARE blues posting to use the setting right?....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I cannot honestly say that I have noticed a huge difference, and I mainly play 3 melee.
    tehn you are playing boss fights with eyes closed.

with the slider maxed and camera backed all they way out its still playable for me. heroic raidleader, melee.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

No, people didnt get sick from the old max but in legion blizzard has - without stating what - changed the camera so that it has NOW become very bad for lots of folks concerning motion sickness.

- - - Updated - - -

Right and all the people who start having motion sickness when playin are just silly?
    1) There's a new setting to outline your character when in a raid.

2) As Blizzard said, there were more changes than just the camera distance. I used to play at the new current distance for a long time (zoomed out for Malkorok and never went back), yet I can feel something is just slightly off with the current camera movements. On top of the camera changes Blizzard made to accommodate for the action camera, this patch seems to have optimized the game more than previously, because I noticed a large increase of fps (went from 60-70 in my garrison up to 90-100). The added smoothness of that may also be a potential culprit, but I doubt it would be a sole cause.

EDIT: OT: I do agree that the max distance change was unnecessary, but anyone threatening to quit over it needs to take a step back an re-evaluate their priorities.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-07-27 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I don't necessarily like it but I see why they're changing it. A huge field of view can give players more information than Blizzard wants them to have and as a result make the game a different experience than they intended.
    So then it should be fine to disable WA and Bossmods next, right?......

I find it bothersome on bosses with huge models but generally not a huge deal. Certainly not the kind of thing which I'd cancel my sub over.

10+ Year Old Account

Going by the logic blizzard is using to justify this change, disabling addons would be the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Seems like the developers sit around thinking about ways to aggravate the players for fun. Working for blizzard must be boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Its been 12 years that excuse has long past..

Deleted
    Going by the logic blizzard is using to justify this change, disabling addons would be the next step.
    Right cause using FuBar since 12 years to see how much money my char has and to center the clock is such an unfair advantage

Yes, if they accommodated us with better telegraphed and transparent boss mechanics to allow us to have the necessary information to beat the boss.

Was this supposed to be a controversial statement? It's a slippery slope argument so it doesn't even really warrant a response, but I honestly don't think these addons are even remotely required for WoW to be fun. They make up for how poor WoW is at giving you information when you need it, so they feel necessary right now, but they definitely don't have to be.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The distance has nothing to do with it. It's the new action bullcrap they added where it swings uncontrollably when going up stairs for example. The distance is fine. The action camera itself is not I agree it's not fair on people who have motion sickness. The camera twirling like a ballerina is moronic.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-27 at 12:37 AM.

Feels like everything got "up in my face" as a melee, in raids when fighting trash or on bosses with lots of adds all health bars are flooding your screen making you unable to see anything going on. Some boss models clip your screen and blocking your vision assuming you actually are able to see anything, before if you were melee and wanted to "look out" for incoming mechanics and so on all you had to do was turn your camera 180 degrees and then look. Now however if you turn 180 degrees your camera will be faceplanted into the boss model leaving you with no information of what's going on...

Melee already had a disadvantage of being melee range damage only (mostly I should say) and one way to work with that limitation was to observe incoming mechanics before they came dangerously close to you, not being able to that significantly changes the melee game.

I'm not going to quit over it but I may find being melee intolerable and since I find ranged boring and less action I might just stop raiding after a while and go casual mode.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

The distance has nothing to do with it. It's the new action bullcrap they added where it swings uncontrollably when going up stairs for example. The distance is fine. The action camera itself is not I agree it's not fair on people who have motion sickness. The camera twirling like a ballerina is moronic.
    Then turn it off. There's a console command for that.

As a raid leader who used the console command pre-patch, the new zoom distance is more than enough.

What they should've done is just increase the default slider to match the command that increased it for around half the playerbase of the game and just about everyone in Mythic (old heroic) raiding, it really is that simple. You don't remove something that's been in the game for over a decade because you suddenly think it's unfair or against the fantasy of the game, oh wait... removed Hammer of Wrath from Paladins, Removed buffs, Removed XYZ of other things that people identified this game with.

Legion for all the good additions have equally terrible removals. It will bring back maybe 3-4 million players for DH for a couple months (if that) but then they'll all quit again and honestly I think more will follow them, Legion is extremely harsh on offspecs and alts. Everything is set up to leech as much time from you as possible while the content is extremely repetitive and unsatisfying, it's like they copied the model of Diablo 3 into WoW... grind and grind and grind with little to no change in what you do or how you do it. It gets boring very fast.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I'm still wondering why so many people here have such issues with people playing at various camera distances, does it really hurt you so much that people play differently from you, with it having zero negative consequences for you, or are you simply so stuck up blizzard's ass that you no longer can pull your head out?