Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

UH Mastery trink + CS Spam

We all seen the Sims. Anzu's is pretty low on the list..
    Just not convinced EDH is better for UH with getting to 30 stacks and having a few ticks before it falls off

Spec Clawing Shadows and Infected Claws and spam CS with a DC and FS every now and then. The Plume procs so much. With my gear Im at 99% Mastery with proc. FS takes two runes and CS is one. Is this really a DPS loss? Wounds are always up and unbuffed CS is hitting for 77+k crits. Versatility is 3% with the plume.

I have a M vial and a MWF EDH. The strength on both is nice but CS is shadow damage... along with DC.
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    I dug horn of screaming shadows out of my bank last night but couldn't get an invite to test it out.

Might give it a go on archi farm tonight - mastery increases arbiters shadow damage right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I dug horn of screaming shadows out of my bank last night but couldn't get an invite to test it out.

Might give it a go on archi farm tonight - mastery increases arbiters shadow damage right?
    yes sir increases shadow damage. Haste increases Arbiter damage. so thats 10 seconds ever 3 minutes... the other 2 minutes and 50 seconds can be spent spamming CS, cause the pet is doing most of the wound stacking, and Anzus cursed plume procs so much my mastery is almost 100% constantly. of course DC gets weaved in, which is also shadow damage affected my mastery.

only thing is your horn has STR and my plume has Versa... which is shit. but still 3% extra damage from all sources. i just cant see EDH being good with a 2H weapon. Frost for sure! Icy Talons and those stacks hit 30 in no time
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Stone of the Elements, Skull of War and Heirloom is what you should be using.

Vial if your doing speed kills
    Last edited by mmocf8a5cc7d0f; 2016-07-26 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post

Is it because they have more/better stats because being able to pop vial with dark arbiter seems pretty attractive.

Is it because they have more/better stats because being able to pop vial with dark arbiter seems pretty attractive.
    At a guess Vial would be the go if kills are less than 2mins and other trinkets are better on the longer fights just due to stats/proc rates. With DA on 3min cd vial doesn't line up as nicely as it did with BoS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post

yes. i get that... what Im saying is I dont really understand how EDH is above Anzus plume with a 2H spec and the mastery proc happens so much and makes most spells hit harder.
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    yes. i get that... what Im saying is I dont really understand how EDH is above Anzus plume with a 2H spec and the mastery proc happens so much and makes most spells hit harder.
    Static strength vs static versatility perhaps? Plus with all the haste unholy is currently using, I imagine the fel burn stacks ramp up fairly quickly?

Also, based on the average 3 PPM, that only works out to an average buff of less than 500 mastery, you would have to compare that to the damage fel burn puts out.
    Last edited by ChakanDH; 2016-07-27 at 01:53 AM.

And why is skull ranked so high? Crit is, according to IV, dead last for secondary stats, so... ? oO

Deleted
    For single target crit is above mastery while 2 targets or more mastery takes over.

We all seen the Sims. Anzu's is pretty low on the list..
    Just not convinced EDH is better for UH with getting to 30 stacks and having a few ticks before it falls off

Spec Clawing Shadows and Infected Claws and spam CS with a DC and FS every now and then. The Plume procs so much. With my gear Im at 99% Mastery with proc. FS takes two runes and CS is one. Is this really a DPS loss? Wounds are always up and unbuffed CS is hitting for 77+k crits. Versatility is 3% with the plume.

I have a M vial and a MWF EDH. The strength on both is nice but CS is shadow damage... along with DC.

Ive been out of touch until about a month ago, so I must not know the place to find these sims anymore! Could someone help me out? Haven't seen any sims!

Quote Originally Posted by Tykus View Post
    Ive been out of touch until about a month ago, so I must not know the place to find these sims anymore! Could someone help me out? Haven't seen any sims!

There you go, trinket sims for pre-patch.

Deleted
    atleast EDH is somewhat good for ST now before prepatch discordant chorus beat it on st.

Deleted
    On that trinket list, 2nd, 3rd and 4th places are extremely close. How reliable does simc seem at moment?

Does it model dark arbiter and haste correctly? If it does can any tell me how much haste gives it additional hits?

- - - Updated - - -

yes sir increases shadow damage. Haste increases Arbiter damage. so thats 10 seconds ever 3 minutes... the other 2 minutes and 50 seconds can be spent spamming CS, cause the pet is doing most of the wound stacking, and Anzus cursed plume procs so much my mastery is almost 100% constantly. of course DC gets weaved in, which is also shadow damage affected my mastery.

only thing is your horn has STR and my plume has Versa... which is shit. but still 3% extra damage from all sources. i just cant see EDH being good with a 2H weapon. Frost for sure! Icy Talons and those stacks hit 30 in no time
    Sorry piz I meant to reply to this sooner

Process rate of anzu's sounds interesting I'll try and pug iskar and set my loot to blood. I'm bored and there's not much else to do for a while.

Your comments make think its worth trying vial and anzu's
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2016-07-28 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Fat fingers on my phone

On that trinket list, 2nd, 3rd and 4th places are extremely close. How reliable does simc seem at moment?

Does it model dark arbiter and haste correctly? If it does can any tell me how much haste gives it additional hits?
    As far a I know any additional haste will give you at least a "partial" hit at the end, imagine it like a dot.
    "Mages are basically Warlocks for Girls." - Unknown

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry piz I meant to reply to this sooner

Process rate of anzu's sounds interesting I'll try and pug iskar and set my loot to blood. I'm bored and there's not much else to do for a while.

Your comments make think its worth trying vial and anzu's
    Vial is good for 1time use in fight less then 2min fight or gorefiends feast phase. anzu i wouldnt know. if you aline ring, vial, DA, pot a and DT you do lot of burst

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    As far a I know any additional haste will give you at least a "partial" hit at the end, imagine it like a dot.
    Ah yeah no break points. Thanks for reminding me.

Wouldn't fancy trying to optimise unholy as a spec for sims right now. Our talent choices combined with variety of fights must make it extremely difficult to get any meaningful results.

It makes me appreciate all their hard work and efforts even more.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2016-07-29 at 02:11 PM.

Deleted
    Got anzu m yesterday. Bit underwhelming i though but maybe because of nerf or bad luck or lack of skill. Bit hsrd to tell really.

7+ Year Old Account
    Got anzu m yesterday. Bit underwhelming i though but maybe because of nerf or bad luck or lack of skill. Bit hsrd to tell really.
    I been playing with anzus as frost a lot on live and with frost scythe. It hits harder when it procs and it procs so often. I ranked pretty high (out of 1300 other frost dks) using this trinket and skull of war.

Since clawing shadows is done I guess this post does not matter anymore however I'm still not convinced edh is good with UH on a non demon fight...

Now to play with castogator, high crit, and necrosis :-)
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    I been playing with anzus as frost a lot on live and with frost scythe. It hits harder when it procs and it procs so often. I ranked pretty high (out of 1300 other frost dks) using this trinket and skull of war.

Since clawing shadows is done I guess this post does not matter anymore however I'm still not convinced edh is good with UH on a non demon fight...

Now to play with castogator, high crit, and necrosis :-)
    you would be suprised how fast EDH stacks , necrosis is actully worst one of the talents of that row, SI with hfc 4set and IC for speedskills.