Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well, but Metzen said himself that N'zoth is the responsable for the Emerald Nightmare, and it wasnt. So we cant take what he says as ''absolute truth''

Quote Originally Posted by Minah View Post
    Well, but Metzen said himself that N'zoth is the responsable for the Emerald Nightmare, and it wasnt. So we cant take what he says as ''absolute truth''
    Not really. Two things - firstly, he didn't say N'Zoth was the *only one* responsible for the Emerald Nightmare *from the start*. Yogg gained entrance to the Emerald Dream first, then he allowed other two Old Gods (C'Thun & N'Zoth) access as well. Eventually, they corrupted part of the Emerald Dream and turned those to the Emerald Nightmare. Thus, one / Xal'atath can say that the Emerald Nightmare were Yogg's, but it doesn't neccessarily mean N'Zoth and C'Thun didn't take any part in it and be responsible for it too. The Nightmare can be Yogg's, and all three Old Gods can be responsible for its creation (after Yogg granted the two access) - these two don't contradict each other. After Yogg and C'Thun died, N'Zoth were the only one left being responsible for it.

Secondly, even IF Metzen said "N'Zoth was the only one responsible for the Nightmare since its creation" (pretty sure he didn't say that, but let's assume he did for the sake of discussion - it's not like the devs have never refuted their own statements anyway), it'd still be absolute truth *by the time he said it*. It'd only stop being the truth when there was newer official information contradicting it (in the Nightmare's case, Chronicle / Xal'atath's particular whisper - although Xal'atath's whisper might or might not be trustworthy). That's just the basic to decide which information is canon when there are contradicting statements from the official sources. In short, we can take what Metzen says as canon, and thus absolute truth, until Blizzard give another statement contradicts to his in game / interview or book. Since that hasn't happened yet (I'm assuming you are talking about the OGs' death and Cataclysm), what Metzen said is still canon and thus, the truth.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original idea was that N'Zoth was the one who sparked the Emerald Nightmare. It changed - retcons happen. Now Yogg-Saron started it and every Old God can use it, so N'Zoth is in charge of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The original idea was that N'Zoth was the one who sparked the Emerald Nightmare. It changed - retcons happen. Now Yogg-Saron started it and every Old God can use it, so N'Zoth is in charge of it now.
    It could be something they planned but then reeled it in when they decided to make N'zoth the weakest of the four.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    It could be something they planned but then reeled it in when they decided to make N'zoth the weakest of the four.
    'Physically weakest' Don't underestimate the power of corruption.

Deathwing, he's N'zoth's doing. Literally world ending capabilities. Beside Azshara + The naga, thanks to hearthstone I'm taking it as canon that he has his own dread pirate fleet. I can't wait. Wow davy jones is coming. (Not canon canon of course)
    Last edited by Nibelheimy; 2016-07-27 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    'Physically weakest' Don't underestimate the power of corruption.

Deathwing, he's N'zoth's doing. Literally world ending capabilities. Beside Azshara + The naga, thanks to hearthstone I'm taking it as canon that he has his own dread pirate fleet. I can't wait. Wow davy jones is coming. (Not canon canon of course)
    I only meant weakness relative to the others. I'm sure he's still badass, and now has no competition from other old gods. I'm hoping we get to see him more free from his prison than yogg and cu'thun were too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Could be. But N'Zoth could always have been portrayed as the least overtly powerful of the gods and rather was more cunning and insidious than the others, which I think they're still going for to some extent. The Emerald Nightmare would have tied nicely into that, as a method of slow and gradual corruption. Maybe they just went with Yogg-Saron because he was closer to a world tree so it made more sense for him to access the Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Could be. But N'Zoth could always have been portrayed as the least overtly powerful of the gods and rather was more cunning and insidious than the others, which I think they're still going for to some extent. The Emerald Nightmare would have tied nicely into that, as a method of slow and gradual corruption. Maybe they just went with Yogg-Saron because he was closer to a world tree so it made more sense for him to access the Dream.
    It does make sense considering that they had to cut down the world tree when its roots hit Yogg and got corrupted.

Deleted
    Really the important thing to remember here is that Xal'atath is most likely just a teaser of sorts from Blizzards planting fertile ground for stories wherever it might be necessary for the future. The blade itself most likely speaks a lot of lies, half truths and misdirections. Better to take everything she says with a pinch of salt and not go over the top with "facts."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Really the important thing to remember here is that Xal'atath is most likely just a teaser of sorts from Blizzards planting fertile ground for stories wherever it might be necessary for the future. The blade itself most likely speaks a lot of lies, half truths and misdirections. Better to take everything she says with a pinch of salt and not go over the top with "facts."
    still it's fun to speculate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Nyalotha metioned again.
    I need to know more about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    One of Xal'atath possible origins according to its artifact history is that it was part of the fifth Old God that the rest killed.
    Not Really, Xal'atath it's a fang Yssarj part... not nzoth

Quote Originally Posted by Syfus View Post
    Not Really, Xal'atath it's a fang Yssarj part... not nzoth
    yea, I'm leaning towards to a claw of Y'shaarj than N'Zoth.

Cant know for sure, we dont know if it is from Cthun or the otehrs, but it is interesting how a claw is so sentient. This give me the creeps

Quote Originally Posted by Minah View Post
    She might be lyieing. The flavor text tell us to not hear it.

Now something taht u said, that the cataclysm was caused because we ''killed'' the old gods......it doesnt make sense, we repaired the pillar at the plane of earth, it was caused by Deathwing.......if killing Yogg and Cthun caused, it should be right after we killed it.......i dont get it....It doesnt make any sense.
    I wanna BELIEVE!!!!

The whole Deathwing and Old Gods and who really caused the Cataclysm... I'm sticking with it being Deathwing. Nothing at all shows it was the Old Gods dying, but everything in the expansion, cinematic and even the websites say it was Deathwing.

Obviously who knows if it matters or if it's canon, but the hidden artifact appearance for Xalatath is called the Claw of N'zoth and drops from a boss in Emerald Nightmare.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=139569/c...nts:id=2329225 (It's not in the comments but on beta forums it was confirmed to drop off Il'gynoth in Emerald Nightmare)

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=105393/ilgynoth#comments
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2016-07-29 at 03:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I wanna BELIEVE!!!!

The whole Deathwing and Old Gods and who really caused the Cataclysm... I'm sticking with it being Deathwing. Nothing at all shows it was the Old Gods dying, but everything in the expansion, cinematic and even the websites say it was Deathwing.
    You can stick with all you want, but blizzard said otherwise lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevonfor View Post
    I thought Blizzard confirmed that they were dead. Would be cool if they weren't tho..
    they are dead, but they live on.

That was seen in c'thuns living on in cho'gall.

They don't ever permanently die.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    they are dead, but they live on.

That was seen in c'thuns living on in cho'gall.

They don't ever permanently die.
    That is nothing special, pretty much every being in the warcraft universe is the same in that regard. Their bodies die, their souls, spirit remains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That is nothing special, pretty much every being in the warcraft universe is the same in that regard. Their bodies die, their souls, spirit remains.
    Yeah, though with the Old Gods it seems like their 'spirits' exist as a kind of plague or corruption in a region - in Y'Shaarj's case his 'essence' became the Sha, a bunch of disparate little monsters. Almost like their spirits don't hold together like regular ghosts or wraiths do, but break apart into multiple smaller creatures.

I always thought it was interesting that Cho'Gall and Garrosh actually accomplished similar things - using the corpses of Old Gods (C'Thun's body, Y'Shaarj's heart) to become big powerful monster-versions of themselves, mutating to look like the Old God they took power from. Y'Shaarj was finally completely extinguished when Garrosh was defeated - maybe something similar happened with Cho'Gall and C'Thun. That would still leave Yogg-Saron's essence polluting Northrend.

Cho'Gall was trying to revive C'Thun, so they probably can be revived... Garrosh might have accidentally revived Y'Shaarj if he hadn't been stopped - Y'Shaarj's essence whispers about 'feeding' on carnage and hate, Garrosh's Horde might have brought about the Old God's resurrection by unwittingly feeding it enough bloodshed. So far we haven't seen a successful Old God resurrection though... wonder if anyone has designs on Yogg-Saron. Third time's the charm, maybe...?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    You can stick with all you want, but blizzard said otherwise lol
    Doesnt matter, that seems like an excuse because they didnt know what to say about the old gods dyieing. So they thought '' lets jsut say it wasnt Deathwing that caused the cataclysm, it was the old gods so ppl wont know that we r dumb''.