Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Windwalker Monk TMW Rotation Profile - 7.0.3 - LEGION w/Download

This is a profile that shows what spell to cast and other information in the center of your screen.

It is set up to avoid casting the same spell twice in a row and is up to date as of 7.0.3

Like the other profiles this will update as you change talents and show the best option at any given time so that you can make the right choices.

UPDATE 10/19/2016

You can find the LATEST VERSION HERE

Windwalker

- Moved Strike of the Windlord down in priority and moved Fists of Fury above it
    - Fixed icons from appearing erratically when using some abilities

(NOTES: After playing Monk recently and using my profile I found a few bugs that, while not completely breaking the profile, were rather annoying to see happen. They generally occur when you use roll and other movement abilities or have max energy and chi while cooldowns are available. I fixed these now and the rotation runs smoother and won't flip icons so much. I also lowered the priority of SotW and raised FoF above it. Overall this is a QoL update.)

- Major changes were made to the logic of spell usage using the built in Counter System. I want to give a shoutout to @blackytemp who helped me come to a working set of conditions.

I want to take a moment to explain how the new spell tracking works behind the scenes.

A group labeled "Hidden Spell Tracking" is tucked to the left of the main profile and it consists of 6 icons.

2 Icons are made to set a counter for BoK and TP to equal 1 when the corresponding spell is Cast and Hits the target.

2 Icons are made to set the counters for BoK and TP to equal 0 when the opposite spell is cast (When TP is cast, the BoK counter is set to 0 meaning it's safe to use BoK again and vice versa)

1 Icon is set to track ALL spells that trigger Hit Combo. If any of these spells are used, the counters for both BoK and TP are set to 0, meaning they are safe to use.

And finally 1 Icon is set to reset all icons when the player is not in combat, dies, uses a mount or Hit Combo is no longer active (Timer ran out). This is done to allow the addon a moment to reset the conditions for a fresh start next combat cycle.

Effectively what this does is allow for better tracking of your spell usage and it should completely remove the possibility of casting two spells in a row, effectively dropping hit combo.

As always feedback is very much appreciated and I hope this works for you all!

NEW LAYOUT

To Import this profile, download the latest TMW Version

1. Copy the Profile in full
    2. Open TMW in game (/tmw)
    3. Paste the entire profile on the bottom Text Bar
    4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite

As always feedback is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by chesder; 2016-10-20 at 04:30 AM.

Solid piece of work, thank you! Been getting to know TMW more and more and find it easier to get started on and your TMW profiles for Enhance and WW are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post
    Solid piece of work, thank you! Been getting to know TMW more and more and find it easier to get started on and your TMW profiles for Enhance and WW are amazing.
    Thank you I appreciate that! Hope they help you in Legion!

Not sure if the problem is due to my error but I can't get the data this link has to work.
    Last edited by Rhadamiri; 2016-07-26 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadamiri View Post
    Not sure if the problem is due to my error but I can't get the data this link has to work.
    If your having issues importing let's walk through it.

1. Copy the entire text for the profile
    2. Open tmw (/tmw) in game.
    3. Paste the profile in the bottom text bar.
    4. Click inport/export and select "From String"
    5. Click Overwrite

This will remove all other groups you've made thus far but it is the safest way to guarantee it works. You can recreate groups you need after without affecting the profile

Thanks got it working, sorry for all the obvious questions I'm not familiar with most of this this aspect of UIs. Is there anyway to have it always be on screen? rather than just when I target something?

Or move it?

This is incredible! Obviously you can flow off it a little bit when it comes to spinning crane kick for aoe?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadamiri View Post
    Thanks got it working, sorry for all the obvious questions I'm not familiar with most of this this aspect of UIs. Is there anyway to have it always be on screen? rather than just when I target something?

Or move it?
    You can have it always displayed, although since you're not quite familiar with the addon I'll go ahead and make a profile version for you.

As for moving things around, yes you can. Most of the icons are anchored to he main rotation so move that first. Then move the other bars and icons around it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by resshin View Post
    This is incredible! Obviously you can flow off it a little bit when it comes to spinning crane kick for aoe?
    Yep that's the best way to play. This is meant to be a guide for most situations but feel free to improvise. The rotation will adjust accordingly.

As someone with no experience with this particular add-on. What do? Trying to upload the profile and nothing happens. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Finalwars07 View Post
    As someone with no experience with this particular add-on. What do? Trying to upload the profile and nothing happens. Cheers
    1. Copy the entire text for the profile
    2. Open tmw (/tmw) in game.
    3. Paste the profile in the bottom text bar.
    4. Click inport/export and select "From String"
    5. Click Overwrite

If you still have issues let me know

I was a big proponent of TellMeWhen prior to buckling down and using weak auras, and I have to say this is a nice bit of work!

Quote Originally Posted by WindigoEJ View Post
    I was a big proponent of TellMeWhen prior to buckling down and using weak auras, and I have to say this is a nice bit of work!
    I still use and recommend weakauras to people but not for the same reasons as TMW. Each has functionality that the other is lacking, although I think TMW is definitely simpler.

- - - Updated - - -

I updated the logic slightly to be more responsive.

You can find the new version here

Can you tell me how to resize it? It's pretty huge on my screen and was pretty confused on how to do it in TMW's windows without making everything go out of sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Belzeber View Post
    Can you tell me how to resize it? It's pretty huge on my screen and was pretty confused on how to do it in TMW's windows without making everything go out of sync.
    You can scale by dragging the bottom right of the groups. You'll have to put them back into position again and make sure any overlapping icons remain overlapped after scaling. You can't break the Profile by scaling so don't worry about that.

Liking it so far, is there any chance of adding a smaller 2nd (and maybe 3rd?) window to the side of it showing the next spell coming up? I feel like i'm wasting split seconds registering what the spell is that pops up before I hit it, if I could see the next one due I can be on that without thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post
    Liking it so far, is there any chance of adding a smaller 2nd (and maybe 3rd?) window to the side of it showing the next spell coming up? I feel like i'm wasting split seconds registering what the spell is that pops up before I hit it, if I could see the next one due I can be on that without thinking.
    Such a thing is possible but not likely to happen soon. While I too understand the value of having predictions available I don't want to implement such functionality until I'm 100% certain the rotation is working without flaw. If I get to a point where I am comfortable that it is offering the rotation perfectly then I'll also include a prediction system.

Not that I'm saying this isn't working near flawlessly, but I'm always tweaking and modifying it so that it is more accurate and the icons switch less frequently.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be making a Quality of Life change soon that will allow the ability to more easily move icons around and customize the Profile. Be sure to check back soon for the update.

How do I make it so it tracks hit combos stacks instead of Xuen? and the same for chi over chi burst?

Quote Originally Posted by adsbol View Post
    How do I make it so it tracks hit combos stacks instead of Xuen? and the same for chi over chi burst?
    Right click the icon for Xuen and drag it off the group and click, then say move to new group. Then in it's original place create a Buff icon that tracks Hit Combo on the player. Set a condition to only show while the talent Hit Combo is learned (set to true). Then on the icon settings make it so the Condition Failed opacity is 0% (hidden) and the Buff Absent Opacity is 50%.

Then just drag the Xuen CD you moved back over top of the hit combo icon.

The same for Chi Burst.

If you need further help let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    Right click the icon for Xuen and drag it off the group and click, then say move to new group. Then in it's original place create a Buff icon that tracks Hit Combo on the player. Set a condition to only show while the talent Hit Combo is learned (set to true). Then on the icon settings make it so the Condition Failed opacity is 0% (hidden) and the Buff Absent Opacity is 50%.

Then just drag the Xuen CD you moved back over top of the hit combo icon.

The same for Chi Burst.

If you need further help let me know.

Thank you! I made it work. It looks a bit ghetto now but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by adsbol View Post
    Thank you! I made it work. It looks a bit ghetto now but it works.
    If you need help making it look nicer let me know. I am always willing to give some personal touches.