Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    One important thing to note is the difference in ilvl between items obtained from HFC before and after the prepatch. Items obtained from HFC AFTER the prepatch are all at a standardised baseline ilvl with the Legion titanforge system in place, whereas items obtained from HFC BEFORE the prepatch have increasing item level as you progress through the raid.
    Not true at all, database is wrong. Drops are still baseline 720/725/730/735.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Not true at all, database is wrong. Drops are still baseline 720/725/730/735.
    Titanforge is in play. Saw someone get a 730 cloak off killrog on heroic. Definitely not normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Titanforge is in play. Saw someone get a 730 cloak off killrog on heroic. Definitely not normal.
    Seconded. I got a 720 titanforged trinket pugging normal Archimonde for ring upgrades.

Sorry yes, titanforge is in place for HFC but the baseline was not changed. Current all Mythic loot on Wowdb/wowhead/Dungeon Journal reads as 720+, but all Archimonde loot will ALWAYS drop as at least 735, Mannoroth loot will always drop as at least 730 etc.

Regarding the Fishbrul Special, it does 16,990 damage per bolt for a total of four bolts (at least it does on a target dummy). So let's say your Atonement does about 50% damage to heal ratio that would be 33,980 heals to all Atonement targets.

I tried attacking a target dummy (take this with a grain of salt since your damage rotation in an actual dungeon will never match up to simply attacking a target dummy) but it did about 3.6% of my total damage - about as much damage as my AOE damage trinket on a single target. My single target trinket was much higher at 10.2% (even more than SW:P at 100% uptime).

What are two good professions for disc priest?

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Sorry yes, titanforge is in place for HFC but the baseline was not changed. Current all Mythic loot on Wowdb/wowhead/Dungeon Journal reads as 720+, but all Archimonde loot will ALWAYS drop as at least 735, Mannoroth loot will always drop as at least 730 etc.
    Ah alright, I misunderstood you. I haven't seen anyone get a titanforged mythic item yet, then again we only did the last 2 bosses twice so my results are skewed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oka555 View Post
    I'm planning on sticking with Ench and Tailoring. It's been great the past 4 expansions, don't see any real reason to change it now. I will most definitely be making an alt herb/scribe though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oka555 View Post
    Whatever you feel like. There are no profession perks.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Especially now that DMF trinkets have been nerfed, its no longer mandatory to go herb/scribe. Chanting/JC/Alch/Scribe will always be very useful if you raid no matter your class, and will be relevant for the entire expansion. Other crafting professions not as much if you raid because the crafted gear becomes quickly outdated.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

I'd say scribe would be a great one because of the silly new talent swapping stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say scribe would be a great one because of the silly new talent swapping stuff.
    Yeah that was the main reason I listed scribe on there too lol.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There are no explicit statistical bonuses. I tend to end up running Enchanting/Engineering towards the middle of an expansion (the beginning is another story entirely). Enchanting makes life a ton easier by allowing me to disenchant all the excess loot I get. Engineering allows me to teleport (and other neat features).

Tailoring will likely be useful in the early going to gear up if you don't expect raid drops in those slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally cannot heal Timewalking as Disc.

Timewalking gear set with 16 sockets, full BiS enchants and gems, DPS trinkets to proc more Atonement healing.

Last boss in Gundrak melees for ~14k. Shadow mend heals for 7k and crits for 14k. If someone other than the tank gets hit by impale they die and there is literally nothing I can do to save them. Throughput simply isn't high enough. Tanks can survive the impale with cooldowns but dies in the last phase when the Rhino enrages.

Anyone else having issues in Timewalking healing as Disc. Am I retarded and missing something or are they WAY overtuned since the patch?

From what I have tested and gathered, the new discipline priest is lacking behind no matter how hard you try. therefore there is no place for this spec in mythic progression. Druids, holy paladins and monks just outheal it and the damage that discipline is doing is simply a joke. This damage wont help on fights, not for the costs of lesser amount of healing done. What the raid needs is a burst of damage in certain places which discipline priest also can't provide.

After playing this class for many years, the current plan for me is to swap to holy paladin which I have also been playing for some time now. Unless blizzard decideds to make some last minute "plot twist" for discipline =P (which they have done once a while back)

In fact priest itself is just a useless class for now even as a holy simply because it doesn't provide any reasonable raid cooldowns.

I get this sense that most of the people who are calling the spec awful or condemning the spec all together are either the people who struggle at playing it, or the people who watch someone else play it that struggles. Personally I think it is fine, even in HFC prepatch I'm always near the top or at the top in healing (maybe behind by 1-2%) and generally right above the tanks in damage. To me that is not a spec that warrants to be thrown out the window.

I am not calling anyone bad or suggesting they can't play the game at a high level. Rather that they just struggle with the Disc type of gameplay or playstyle.
    Last edited by ryan11d7; 2016-07-27 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    I get this sense that most of the people who are calling the spec awful or condemning the spec all together are either the people who struggle at playing it, or the people who watch someone else play it that struggles. Personally I think it is fine, even in HFC prepatch I'm always near the top or at the top in healing (maybe behind by 1-2%) and generally right above the tanks in damage. To me that is not a spec that warrants to be thrown out the window.
    Well you might notice that nobody (and I mean nobody, not here, not on the official forums, not on the beta forums) who says Disc's healing is bad or "not viable" ever posts logs. I wonder why that might be.

Yeah, post detailed logs of your fucking timewalking run to Warcraftlogs.

I think the Koolaid you're drinking is as purple as that avatar of yours, TT..

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Yeah, post detailed logs of your fucking timewalking run to Warcraftlogs.

I think the Koolaid you're drinking is as purple as that avatar of yours, TT..
    Case in point. 5 mans are hard, right? Did you lose your Shadow Mend button or forget to take Grace?

I thought your myopia regarding Discipline was figurative, not literal; the dude who was reporting trouble in Timewalking was Rife.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I thought your myopia regarding Discipline was figurative, not literal; the dude who was reporting trouble in Timewalking was Rife.
    Oh so you're just whining just to whine? Like I said, problems in any kind of 5 man, Timewalking included, don't need logs except to prove that someone isn't doing the incredibly simple 2 step process to succeed in 5 mans. You can still log 5 mans though, it takes about 10 seconds between typing /combatlog and uploading them. No one will even do that because it would be painfully obvious what the problem would be.